• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

October 28, 2018 — Chris Rutkowski

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Yet another terrific episode featuring a skilled Fortean researcher with extensive experience, as he outlines his annual survey of Canadian UFO reports and other topics.

This was yet another episode that ended too soon, so we invited Chris to stay on for this weekend's episode of After The Paracast.

It's an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. For more information, please check Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

MTI Marketing

Paranormal Business Executive
Great freewheeling episode, between Chris, J. Randall and Gene. I especially enjoyed thinking about who might now be considered the reigning "(scientific) Grand/Godfather of UFOlogy" now that Stanton Friedman has retired. I think a top 10 (or 5) list might be interesting insofar as nominations. Such a list would need to include active members/researchers of the community, or at least "past masters" of the community, with a lot of firsthand research under his/her belt, a good working knowledge of case history, and able to nimbly defend and debate the "Nasty, Noisy Negativists" that would quickly enter the queue to cast aspersions on anyone that assumes the mantle/is nominated. Personally, I think that Greg Bishop would have to be on such a list--and that a core group covering all the paranormal "arts and sciences" might be a better idea. Loren Coleman comes to mind for cryptozoology, Christopher O'Brien for cattle mutilations, etc.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Great freewheeling episode, between Chris, J. Randall and Gene. I especially enjoyed thinking about who might now be considered the reigning "(scientific) Grand/Godfather of UFOlogy" now that Stanton Friedman has retired. I think a top 10 (or 5) list might be interesting insofar as nominations. Such a list would need to include active members/researchers of the community, or at least "past masters" of the community, with a lot of firsthand research under his/her belt, a good working knowledge of case history, and able to nimbly defend and debate the "Nasty, Noisy Negativists" that would quickly enter the queue to cast aspersions on anyone that assumes the mantle/is nominated. Personally, I think that Greg Bishop would have to be on such a list--and that a core group covering all the paranormal "arts and sciences" might be a better idea. Loren Coleman comes to mind for cryptozoology, Christopher O'Brien for cattle mutilations, etc.
The challenge is mainly in finding someone with verifiable scientific credentials combined with adequate knowledge and experience in ufology. There might be someone in the SCU: https://www.explorescu.org/, but I tend to challenge the idea that scientific credentials can provide greater insight into ufology than a ufologist who has studied the subject for years, understands basic scientific principles, and has learned to apply them along with critical thinking. In other words, why should a botanist be considered an authority on UFOs any more than a physicist should be expected to be an authority on neurology? There's a false sense of authority in academic credentials when it comes to the field of ufology. What it needs is its own faculty of study within an accredited academic institution.