• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

NSA Document Admits ET Contact [?]

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
[Anyone want to follow-up on this bombshell news story? Say what you will about Peter Gersten, but if the following is true, and his CAUS FOIA request generated the following low-key NSA admission, he should be acknowledged and thanked. -- chris]
Article HERE:

By Kevin W. Smith
On October 21, 2004, the NSA approved for release to the public a portion of their NSA Journal Vol. XIV No. 1. This is a report of a presentation given to the NSA by Dr. Howard Campaigne regarding the decoding of extraterrestrial messages that had been received “form outer space”. Apparently, these messages had actually been received via the Sputnik satellite, but no one had any idea how to decode them at the time.
Sputnik.jpg
At some time, unspecified in the document, Dr. Howard Campaigne and some other NSA super mathematicians in the crypto department had been given the task of decoding the messages. There were a total of 29 messages to be decoded—quite an undertaking.

It is curious, to say the least, that this document was cleared for release on October 21, 2004. Why was that? Because the NSA did not release it into public information until April 21, 2011. Though cleared for release, the NSA had been stonewalling it along with hundreds of other NSA documentsabout contact with UFOs and extraterrestrials until they lost the lawsuit brought by Peter Gersten, alawyer from Arizona. When they well and truly lost, the judge’s order had to be carried out, and thedocuments had to be released. REST OF ARTICLE HERE:

Dubious-er and dubious-er. Besides which, as I understand it, Sputniks only function was transmitting...not receiving. The Soviets were just interested in announcing to the world they had made it to space. It did send back temperature readings I think, but it had no general radio transmission recording equipment.

UFO zealots are so incredibly stupid. They also have zero sense of humor.
What? Present company excluded, I trust? I've been working on a "ufological stand-up routine" for years. "Heard about the latest book about 'Roswell'? == You can't Randall it--it's full of Schmidt!" *rim shot* Lance: How could anyone believe that Sputnik had a level of technology capable of receiving signals from aliens? The Ruskies were happy they could transmit a simple confirming signal back to earth to impress the rest of us...

I wonder why it took so many years to release the info . . . .even after court ordered. We all know the gov hides way more then they let on. Must have meant something to them to want to hide it.

I also wonder why they shut down the space program here in FL where I reside. I have a friend whose wife was laid off after 25 years in the program. Makes no sense. Blame it on the economy? There has to be more to explore.

Our good old friend Kevin Smith wouldn't you know it sigh.

Official ET Disclosure? --> "NSA Document Admits ET Contact" By Kevin W. Smith | UFO Digest provides video proof of ufos, alien abduction and the paranormal.

If i remember right wasn't this already discussed last year or before. This community rehashes stuff all the time now thats already been discussed to death previously. Honestly if this was even real, it would not have been released to the public, without be mentioned by some higher ups in the American government first. If theres silence be sure nothing amazing is being revealed.

I don't know if it is relevant to this but often the reason there is reluctance to release certain information stems from a wish not to reveal how the said information was gained, not because the info itself would be damaging in the public domain.

Kevin Smith is supposed to be ex-Interpol right? In his present role it looks like the entertainment factor overrides other considerations. To discover the truth about “Key to the Extraterrestrial Messages by H. Campaigne” (which is pretty old news) takes a minimal amount of research. This is obviously entertainment and not any serious attempt at journalism.

I don't think Sputnik had a receiving/retransmitting capability. It just transmitted an intermittent signal used for studying radio signal propagation through the atmosphere. So I don't know how any alien signal could actually come from Sputnik, but then again I haven't reviewed much on Sputnik lately and it may have had more capability than is generally known.

It seems highly unlikely that Sputnik-1 was capable of receiving signals. The word used is transmitter rather than transceiver. The article doesn't say which Sputnik so the assumption is the first one. Later Sputniks in the series carried various instrument packages and even dogs.

The Sputnik 1 satellite was a 58.0 cm-diameter aluminum sphere that carried four whip-like antennas that were 2.4-2.9 m long. The antennas looked like long "whiskers" pointing to one side. The spacecraft obtained data pertaining to the density of the upper layers of the atmosphere and the propagation of radio signals in the ionosphere. The instruments and electric power sources were housed in a sealed capsule and included transmitters operated at 20.005 and 40.002 MHz (about 15 and 7.5 m in wavelength), the emissions taking place in alternating groups of 0.3 sec in duration. The downlink telemetry included data on temperatures inside and on the surface of the sphere.

I'd only heard that it transmitted an intermittent beep. Electronics back then was more than capable of having two-way comms but I suppose they didn't need to test that specific technology, the world having two-way radio for decades.
I would imagine they were satisfied at first by just transmitting through the atmospheric layers and I also imagine they were trying to see what kind of range might be possible. Even way back then at the beginning, the hypothesis about EM waves refracting round the planet. Was it not our very own Arthur C. Clarke that first suggested using several satellites for global radio comms?

I shall have to look up what the next launch after sputnik was carrying as a payload?

Back