• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Not From Here: Ask Preston Dennett

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Preston Dennett is author of "Not From Here" and other books on UFOs and paranormal subjects. In his latest work, he presents ten articles on different aspects of the UFO mystery.

According to his bio:

Preston Dennett began investigating UFOs and the paranormal in 1986 when he discovered that his family, friends and co-workers were having dramatic unexplained encounters. Since then, he has interviewed hundreds of witnesses and investigated a wide variety of paranormal phenomena. He is a field investigator for the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON), a ghost hunter, a paranormal researcher, and the author of 17 books and more than 100 articles on UFOs and the paranormal. His articles have appeared in numerous magazines including Fate, Atlantis Rising, MUFON UFO Journal, Nexus, Paranormal Magazine, UFO Magazine, Mysteries Magazine, Ufologist and others (including my now-discontinued magazine, Caveat Emptor). His writing has been translated into several different languages including German, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Icelandic. He has appeared on numerous radio and television programs, including Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell, Coast-to-Coast and also the History Channelís Deep Sea UFOs and UFO Hunters. His research has been presented in the LA Times, the LA Daily News, the Dallas Morning News and other newspapers. He has taught classes on various paranormal subjects and lectures across the United States. He currently resides in Reseda, California.

Preston Dennett

This show will be recorded on Thursday, May 12, from 6:30 until 8:30 PM Pacific time.

I believe you mentioned one time...not sure if it was a web page or one of your books...some caves(plural) at eagle rock (topanga/trippet ranch) I am familiar with the little notch and recess (looks like it could have been carved) at the top of the rock but never been down to the base are there caves down there as well?

Are you aware of Eagle Rock holding a special religious significance in the Tongva peoples or any other tribes, it sure seems like it should as I feel a pull to it whenever I am near it and I had what I perceive to be a couple of anomalous experiences when I approached it from hub junction.

Also I've heard of UFO activity in Topanga Canyon but not over the rock in particular , are you aware of any reports?

Last edited:
1. As field investigator, have you found that CE3 sightings are non-existent or do you still encounter credible entity sighting cases?
2. Have you found that the UFO phenomena has changed in any way since 1947 and since you started investigating?
3. What are your favorite 3 cases that you personally investigated and why are they your favorites?

First Question(s):
What are a few cases that the skeptics are just totally wrong about?
What are a few cases that the die-hard believers are totally wrong about.

Second Question:
Where have all the UFOs gone? In the 60s-80s, we were inundated with a laundry list of sightings, photographs, videos etc. Now, despite everyone having a camera in their pocket, the number of "new" major UFO cases with photo/video have appeared to fall off. Even when there is a massive case, no one ever has a camera near by, i.e., O'hare airport and Stevensville. If people at an AIRPORT, many of whom are traveling WITH CAMERAS, can't photograph a large disc hovering over a major airport, what does that suggest.

Assuming that the UFO phenomenon is not ET. I would like to ask Mr Dennett how he feels how an ET visitation/contact scenario would unfold? Is it fair to assume it would run similar to what we have seen these past 70 years or so ??

Back