• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New Teleportation Scientific Milestone

The teleportation claim seems to be little more than sensationalist use of the "teleportation" meme to grab people's attention rather than actual teleportation Star Trek style. What's really going on is a form of communication based on the phenomenon of quantum entanglement rather than actual teleportation of physical objects. e.g.

"Though this feat is called quantum teleportation, no actual teleportation of objects occurs. It’s a way of transmitting information about a particle; while it sounds exotic, it is routinely used in laboratories on Earth."
More here: What ‘teleporting’ a photon to space means

The teleportation claim seems to be little more than sensationalist use of the "teleportation" meme to grab people's attention rather than actual teleportation Star Trek style. What's really going on is a form of communication based on the phenomenon of quantum entanglement rather than actual teleportation of physical objects. e.g.

"Though this feat is called quantum teleportation, no actual teleportation of objects occurs. It’s a way of transmitting information about a particle; while it sounds exotic, it is routinely used in laboratories on Earth."
More here: What ‘teleporting’ a photon to space means

I've had to break the news gently to a few of my facebook friends that this is not really teleportation via Star Trek. Most of the articles I've seen about this talk about the possibilities of encryption using this kind of communication, but a few years back, someone was talking about this as a way to communicate during space travel as a way of getting around the lag time presented by current communication technologies since it would be at the speed of light, if I understand it correctly.

Back