• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

New forums

M

michael

Just wanted to drop a note to Gene and David to say I really like the new forum. I think it's a little easier to navigate and it looks a little cleaner.

Good job guys!

michael said:
Just wanted to drop a note to Gene and David to say I really like the new forum. I think it's a little easier to navigate and it looks a little cleaner.

Good job guys!

Thank you.

We still have some work to do. These message board systems are all works in progress. If you have suggestions as to what we might do to improve things, we'll try to do so, within the limits of the software, of course.

Hi
I was thinking that an area to introduce yourself when you join the forum would be nice. I love the show and think the forum has a nice look.
thank you gents for a great show. :)

comix said:
Hi
I was thinking that an area to introduce yourself when you join the forum would be nice. I love the show and think the forum has a nice look.
thank you gents for a great show. :)

You're welcome :)

If you want, by the way, you can open a new topic yourself on this subject, and let's see whether our listeners care to talk about themselves in that board.

sharp said:
Forum is great 8)

Thank you.

I made another modification to the theme that I hope is a bit classier in look and feel, and just as important, finally lets us add YouTube links, automatically.

Alas, David and others said they didn't like it, so I went back to the original.

If you go to simplemachines.org, you can find other possibilities, and I'll be happy to explore some of the best suggestions.

Or leave well enough alone.

Just a thought, I like the introduction section.
However... it would be nice as a category in it`s own right.
In a community, it`s nice to know what everyone`s "in to". I found it hard to find the introduction section at first glance.
A spell checker would be nice if possible, just to help out those of us who carn`t spell, (that`s me by the way)... I would get my mum to help, but she`s 184 and spells words with e`s ( ye olde worlde wise woman that she is ).

ROCK said:
Just a thought, I like the introduction section.
However... it would be nice as a category in it`s own right.
In a community, it`s nice to know what everyone`s "in to". I found it hard to find the introduction section at first glance.
A spell checker would be nice if possible, just to help out those of us who carn`t spell, (that`s me by the way)... I would get my mum to help, but she`s 184 and spells words with e`s ( ye olde worlde wise woman that she is ).
Firefox 2.0 for Mac, Windows and Linux, now in public beta form and reasonably stable, and Apple's Safari for Mac OS X, both include inline spell checkers. We're looking into other options, but our message board software is only recently upgraded, and the available add-on components aren't quite compatible yet.

I recommend that you all avoid Internet Explorer at all costs. We have one whale of a time keeping the various sites compatible with Microsoft's browser, and it's, as you know, not the most secure -- far from it in fact.

Back