• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Neanderthal comments on last podcast

BrandonD

Skilled Investigator
Hi, I thought it would be worthwhile to comment on what I perceive as an error in the podcast of March 11. This is regarding David's comment that there is no scientific evidence to support the premise that humans did not evolve from neanderthals. I am not a creationist or religious by any means, but the scienific establishment generally regards neanderthal as a humanoid creature with no evolutionary linkage to modern man, but rather a creature that lived alongside man.

I will post a few links that support this:

Modern Humans Did Not Admix with Neanderthals during Their Range Expansion into Europe

Neanderthal extinction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe this is just nit-picking, but I thought it was worth mentioning for future reference.

Back