• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Nato radar/radio dish - ideas sought

peterf

Paranormal Novice
Sorry if as a first post I am breaking protocol! I am about to gain access to a recently decommissioned MOD site with a functioning dish although the classified software has gone. It is 40ft tall and similar across so I would imagine we are considering setting it up as a radio telescope or similar with a UFO slant. Hydraulics etc are still in place and tbh with the security in place here I am amazed there is so much still functioning.

I am looking for ideas along the UFO angle and would give access to serious individuals. My colleague and myself are lifelong UFO in interestees (I made that word up!) and want to utilise the dish and the labyrinth of support buildings to create a UFO themed resource.

I can supply photos - just noticed drawing say NATO restricted which now makes me uneasy!

That's going to be a remarkable project! Before you start pondering and UFO uses, can you supply some details?

Do you or any of your team have experience in this field of electronics or communications?
Can you be more specific about the diameter of the dish? (Seems like a 10 metre dish - a very good size to acquire!)
How long has the facility remained unused?
Is the dish on a polar mount or does it have separate azimuth and elevation motors?
Do they all work?
Are they calibrated?
Can you accurately point it an a particular direction?
Is the dish obviously damaged/distorted in any way?
Does the dish have an LNB and if so does it work and what frequencies does it cover?
Is there a long run of coax from the dish to the control room and if so is it damaged/lossy/open circuit?
Is there mains power and heating?
Is there any other equipment there already?
Does it work and what does it do?

This could be a massive project with lots of potential, but you need to gather an experienced team with a clear goal, and lots of cash! Although to be honest, I've not found any evidence that UFOs (whatever they are) can be detected or communicated with using known technology, be that MOD dishes or anything else...

Good luck!

Back