• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Mysterious Valley

Jabbermocky

Paranormal Maven
As you drive across the Canadian Prairie and enter into Alberta you suddenly drop several hundred feet into the 'other worldly' Drumheller Valley. These are the Badlands of Alberta -- and eventually link up with the similar looking Montana Badlands. Ours is the valley of the dinosaurs; where many a dinosaur bone or tooth can be found--we even have the World's largest Dinosaur Museum (the Royal Tyrell) in our town of Drumheller, Alberta

On a warm August evening back in 1996 two of my sons, a son of a friend and I were lying on a trampoline in our back yard counting shooting stars. We were up to about 25 or so for the hour we had been laying there with our blankets and pillows when from the left of our view (south) above the valley wall a slow-moving and silent triangular object began to blot-out stars. I could not judge its size but it certainly covered enough of the night's sky to be noticed. It may have been the size of a commercial jet liner in width, but judging by its speed, it was being kept aloft by some method other than 'lift' as it was travelling so slowly, effortlessly and noiselessly. If it was a high-flying object that only appeared to be flying slowly due to its distance from the viewer, it would have been unimaginably massive. Either way this was a fantastic thing to witness

I decided to test my vision (and sanity) by asking my 5-year old son (the other having fallen asleep by now) if he could see anything moving in the sky. He confirmed that by saying -- and I'll never forget, "Yes, a trinangle (sic)." I then asked him if it had any lights and he too confirmed them as 'orange' (on the corners) I would have chosen 'amber' but he was 5. I also confirmed with our friends' son that he too was witnessing that which we were seeing. The object continued to fly slowly across our field of view before disappearing behind the north wall of the valley.

I was particularly excited as I had read of these triangles before. I took the children inside the house and told my wife and friends that we had seen a UFO. I then asked them to wait while I went downstairs to retrieve the book that I had read about very similar occurrences of flying triangles. I brought the book upstairs, found the specific passage that I recalled and their jaws dropped as they listened to a report that almost exactly matched our experience. The book was Mysterious Valley by Christopher O'Brien. Now we have two mysterious valleys...

Not to tease you further. But being able to watch the Iridium Satellites and the International Space Station pass overhead throughout the late spring to early fall is also quite exciting. That time of year the Sun remains high enough below the horizon to reflect off of their solar panels.

Jerry,

Thanks for relating your experience. What were your impressions of the object? I guess I'm asking what you may have been able to intuit about the nature of the object from your limited exposure. What did you feel about it if anything.

Having read Mysterious Valley long before witnessing the event; I know that what I was looking at had been reported before. To answer your question; at the time I thought and intimated to the others, "That could be an alien (otherworldly) craft we're looking at." However; the military connections with the San Luis Valley area that I had read about in the book reminded me that we have a large British Forces Base (Suffield) only 125 miles south-east of town. (I say a "125" now -- like it was nothing--having grown up in London, England it amuses me to throw out a distance so nonchalantly). It occurred to me that it could be some experimental military platform -- and not necessarily alien. Since that time I have been a GIS tech for that municipality and postulated that it could be some kind of (military) aerial mapping tool that would give better 3-d views of the land -- but then why so secret? Having an amber light on each corner appears to be too extraneous for an alien craft -- why bother? -- military craft strikes me more (now).

Back