• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My paranormal podcast manifesto blog post

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to read most of that blog.

Why does a paranormal podcast need a sense of humor?I unsubscribed to paratopia after it sounded like the entire thing was run by two seventh graders with a little technical knowledge.Yeah it's really cool to admit you do shrooms and talk about who got laid at the latest conference.::)

That style of podcast does nothing but hurt this field in my opinion.

And why the David bashing?

Don't agree with what you wrote in your blogcast, jratcliff. I've never detected an inappropriate tone in David's interviewing style - only a righteous indignation towards those who have deserved it.

And as for Mr Giggles being funny?! Well, humour is a highly subjective thing of course but I'm with FCSeven regarding his seventh graders comments. I find the larks n laffs of the Paranoia podcast deeply unfunny and irritating, which is a shame because the guests are often of interest.

I can't help but wonder if this was posted here merely to stir the pot, given the fact that the hosts of both podcasts mentioned are no longer on cordial terms. Otherwise, why specifically pick out and contrast The Paracast and Paratopia? If the hosts of the latter want to experiment with entheogens, that's up to them. But give me The Paracast's sober, hard-headed approach any day of the week.

As for accusing The Paracast of being humorless - I've had many a laugh whilst listening. I guess you need to be a mature adult to appreciate Gene and David's humor.

I posted it because I felt like it. I listen to and enjoy both podcasts I thought that was clear in my post. And, yes, I do think that in general people in life get along a little bit better if they have a sense of humor about things.

John

Read the blog.

• David doesn't "need your advice." Gene and David run an incredibly entertaining and informative show. You lost me after that comment.
  • I've subscribed to every paranormal podcast of note. Deleted them all except for The Paracast. I love comedy and comedy clubs, too, but haven't found a paranormal podcast that successfully pulls off comedy without being annoying.
  • I got more that you were very fond of the other podcast's host (to the point of calling him) than anything else in your blog. There were no "offers of advice" to that gentleman.

I deeply appreciate everyone's thoughts on this thread, including jratcliff's. He's cleverly discovered that I lack a sense of humor. Kudos. Have another drunk, I mean, drink.

With that, instead of feeding the flames, I'll take the liberty of closing this thread. Thanks again to all for expressing yourselves.

dB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back