• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

My cat gone crazy

Valerie

Paranormal Novice
Hi, I know no one heard of me before. I managed to stay in a shadow for almost ten years. I was the Paracast listener from the beginning, or from the time I was able to understand English (I came from Russia). I am shy and stuff. But tonight something happened and I need to figure it out. Something was in a house and my cat went absolutely bizarre (something I have never witnessed before from my cat) and I took pictures of me or it. He was hissing at me. My cat, my baby, he knows that, he never ever hissed before not mention hissing at me. He was totally freaked out, he was sayin "no no no no..." something I never heard from him before. He is such a puppy, he is weird and depends on me, he likes company of me, he follows me everywhere and just never leaves my sight. He was scared of me, he was hiding from me and his hair was up and he wouldn't stop hissing and crying "no no no no no....". So what I am asking is who can I send pictures to for the analysis. I was freaked out and scared by my boyfriend found it all amusing at first, then he asked where was my camera. He gave me my camera and I started shooting pictures all over the living room and of me thru the mirror. Images that got thru the mirror shows weird green orb just beside me in every image. But I am not sure if it is not just mirror reflection which I am trying to convince myself. Still it can't explain my cat behavior. He was nuts and totally crazy just being around me. In about an hour he was fine and playing with me and following me like nothing ever happened. (note: when that happened he was still approaching my boyfriend and gliding against him but once I made a step forward he would hiss and hide from me).

Hi,have you changed to a different perfume,shower gel etcetera,my friends cat wouldn't come near her when she wore a certain fragrance.

I wish, nothing changed. Me and him was napping together in a bedroom. I woke up and he as usual followed me to a kitchen. I gave him treats, pet him and went to a living room and sat in a chair. He followed me to the living room. It is when I got up from the chair and I thought I would chase him (our game he loves) he went nuts.

Ok, it wasn't me who went nuts and my boyfriend witnessed it. It is not a secret that animals can see and feel things we humans are not capable of. I am not saying I was possessed or something. I don't even believe in that kind of crap. But probably something (not a ghost of a dead soldier or of some serial killer) was in a room in close proximity to me. I don't feel any changes in me or in a house, didn't levitate off my bed or sleepwalked in a middle of the night :rolleyes:

Ok, it wasn't me who went nuts and my boyfriend witnessed it.
Maybe he's also been infected ... LOL ( just kidding - see below ).
It is not a secret that animals can see and feel things we humans are not capable of.
Cats have some sense of UV. But it's also not a secret that humans can perceive and know things that cats can't. In fact, we actually see better in visible light than cats ( article ), and we know a lot more, which is why I posted the vet articles. So if your cat is still acting out, and you care about it, have it checked out. If the behavior has stopped, it was probably something transient, like it ate something that didn't agree with it or was getting ready to barf up a hairball or something.

Cats will hiss when they're in heat too, but I'm assuming your cat is male, so that's not really applicable. Or maybe you brought home the smell of another animal or something it didn't like. Were you or your boyfriend handling any dogs or other animals or exposed to toxic fumes like heavy cigarette smoke or unusual odors that day, even a new perfume or cologne, as some of them have pheromones that it might be sensitive to? These are far more likely reasons than your residence being haunted.

... and have I am not saying I was possessed or something. I don't even believe in that kind of crap. But probably something (not a ghost of a dead soldier or of some serial killer) was in a room in close proximity to me. I don't feel any changes in me or in a house, didn't levitate off my bed or sleepwalked in a middle of the night :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong. The crazy comments are just me having fun with the article on the parasite that cats carry that can affect the minds of humans who become infected, and which I hope you found somewhat informative. I seriously doubt you have both gone nuts. I also believe that strange things do happen and that animals have heightened senses that make them more sensitive to certain stimuli. Dogs are known to be able to sense impending earthquakes. Maybe cats have a similar sensitivity. Or maybe, like some humans, they have a sensitivity to EM waves from routers and such. Try turning off wireless routers.This is controversial, but here's an article you might be interested in:

Protecting Your Pets from the Effects of EMF

Bottom line: Be as methodical, objective, logical, and scientific as you can. Is it just when you're around, or your boyfriend? If the behavior returns, immediately get a clean bill of health from your vet to eliminate that from the list of most probable causes. If it persists, see another vet, identify new smells and test them to see if the cat reacts to them. In the end seeing if the cat acts out when it's alone through the use of a remote camera with UV detection would also be interesting.

Also, ruling out ghosts, as in "dead people" would be sensible because although I do believe there has been phenomena that has led people to assume that they experienced a ghost of someone who is deceased, logically, it has to be something else. We don't know for sure what that is, but since coming to the realization that it can't be dead people, the question of what it really is has become far more interesting ( for me ) than the stereotypical "dead soldier" or dear departed grandma theory.

Whatever you think or do, thanks for sharing your story :).

Last edited:
Thank you for in depth analysis. I am very skeptical myself and into all things called science. My case is simple. We live very quite live here in little town we moved in recently. We don't know anyone, so no one ever ever comes over to our house with new smells. Cat is not allowed outside without me taking him out on a leash. House is big and I had never lived in a house before (always in apartments) and at first was scared coz my boyfriend being active duty is gone sometimes. But it is very quite, no weird noises or anything like that. So everyone here including a cat following same routine, same food for cat, nothing crazy new in this sleepy hole. That was only one case, I haven't heard or saw any other weird behavior since. I am gonna make more pics during the same conditions but when cat is quite and see if that green thing shows up. If it does then he did probably had a bad moment and this is just strange reflection from the mirror. But if I don't see anything then I will be doing some research and considering different possibilities. Not calling exorcist. But yes one thing changed. I started meditating again. Every time I start meditating all hell breaks loose. This is why I am scared to meditate. :confused:

If you meditate "it", then "it" can come. If you believe it, then it can manifest in strange ways. I would definitely stop any form of meditation that brings on these issues, when you have already admitted to having some fears with practicing meditation.

There are other forms of meditation that might work and not be fearful or manifest strange events, but you'll have to experiment to find out. If fears continue, then I suggest stopping for a few years or more. When you reach 40+ years or more in age, then it is very likely you can meditate again but without fear. This is because many people are much more fearful early in life about unknown mysteries when you're under 40 years old, especially, if you're in your twenties or younger.

I guess you know that it is common for digital cameras to produce "orbs" and other "ghost images" or shapes when using a flash or getting optical lens artifacts from light or reflection angles. This is not really happening unless you're observing the same orb too. Orbs at night or in darkness are highly suspect, because there can be many natural causes for these orbs too.

Try wearing exactly the same items, doing exactly what you did, with the same setting and time, and same events and behavior of the day, and same experiences the cat had. Maybe you can repeat what happened? Or, just forget it for now, but do plan to document carefully if it happens again. You might find out what is happening if your cat repeats the same behavior.

Last edited:
Wow, I thought I was the only one who getting negative experiences while accessing other plains of reality. It is just always like that. My friend studying shamanism just doesn't get it. Kind of laughing and saying that it is so strange that I stuck in one place. One scary place I would say. I had been years since I meditated. I miss the feeling of fullness and wonder it was giving me, don't miss nightmares and all kind of weird stuff thou. I was busy being on active duty myself then busy some more and now I am trying to get back to that feeling when everything is filled with amazement and synchronicities. But with this comes weirdness. Yes I do know about orbs and dust particles, reflections and bugs. I have hundreds of those (I love photography) But I have maybe couple pics that just mind bugling and definitely something else. But now I really want to do some more experiments.

I have hundreds of those (I love photography) But I have maybe couple pics that just mind bugling and definitely something else.
You can upload photos here in this thread for free. It would be interesting to see these "mind warping" pics. Please share if possible. Thanks.
Wow, I thought I was the only one who getting negative experiences while accessing other plains of reality.
Meditating alone and experiencing fear can cause all kinds of problems if it seems to be attracting "negative energies" and more and more fearful experiences, especially, if these fears or weirdness is happening after meditating. Some people can get very sick with expanding fears and paranoia if it continues after meditating.

Stay healthy and happy with meditation or do another relaxation technique. Have you tried mediation with music? There is lots of specialized music for meditation, and this meditation music can cause beautiful states of mind and body and feelings of wholeness. It can awaken energies you feel and go through your body healing with new wholeness and sensations.

Either learn another technique of meditation that does not cause these fear events, or stop for several months or a year or more, or maybe you can find a friend to meditate with you, or get someone to be at your home so you're not alone when meditating, or locate a meditation center or nature setting or park to go to.

Let us know in the future if you can meditate again without fear, and how did you do it? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back