• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, five years young! For a low subscription fee, you will be able to download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! FLASH! For a limited time, you can save up to 40% on your subscription. You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Music

Sand

Paranormal Adept
Don’t know if Stanton ever worked on it, but the U.S. project NERVA developed nuclear rocket engines in the 1960s. The engines were built and ground tested, but the project was cancelled for budgetary reasons in 1973 before they were flown into space. It was intended that the nuclear engines would be armed and used only after they were flown into space.

I don’t listen to a lot of metal, but someone turned me on to the Ukrainian progressive metal band Jinjer. It seems I’m not the only non-metal fan checking them out. One of their videos has over 25 million views.

Tatiana does eventually start singing in this.

If anyone should be interested, they are touring North America from September into November.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Don’t know if Stanton ever worked on it, but the U.S. project NERVA developed nuclear rocket engines in the 1960s. The engines were built and ground tested, but the project was cancelled for budgetary reasons in 1973 before they were flown into space. It was intended that the nuclear engines would be armed and used only after they were flown into space ...
Stanton worked for Westinghouse, which had a role in NERVA, so I wouldn't be surprised if he contributed. Looking a little deeper, the Russian missile seems to work slightly differently. The engines Stanton worked on heated non-nuclear fuel ( hydrogen ) to provide thrust, and didn't exhaust any nuclear radiation.

In contrast, it looks like these Russian models actually go critical, in the process burning thin rods of nuclear fuel, and spewing out all manner of radiation. In fact, as sick and disturbing as this sounds, the added radioactive contamination is a bonus feature of the missile, which after delivering its payload, can continue to fly around spewing out radiation until its nuclear fuel supply is exhausted :eek:
I don’t listen to a lot of metal, but someone turned me on to the Ukrainian progressive metal band Jinjer. It seems I’m not the only non-metal fan checking them out. One of their videos has over 25 million views. Tatiana does eventually start singing in this ... If anyone should be interested, they are touring North America from September into November.
Cool tracks. Definitely not the sort of thing you'd hear on AGT ;) . There is so much awesome talent out there in the world that it makes me feel very small.

Last edited:

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
GoodRoad-01d.jpg

For my next video I'm looking for cost-free & royalty free imagery portraying positive events.
Content includes photos, home movie clips, performance art clips, dance clips, acting clips, news clips, or any other imagery that conveys acts of kindness to children, fellow human beings, animals, and the planet. Or it can just be something you consider to be really positive. Those whose contributions are used in the video will get a mention on the credit reel and in the associated website.

The track and video will also be made available royalty free to any group that is doing something good in the world. Send submissions as an email attachment or as a download link. I'd also be happy to answer any questions or comments about the project here or by return email. Feel free to start a conversation here, or email me at randall@theparacast.com

Previous MP3s now available as downloads on Paracast + https://www.theparacast.com/forum/resources/free-mp3s.554/

Last edited:

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC
If you go to the atomic testing museum in Vegas, you can see two of the prototype nuclear engines on display. Somewhere I’ve got photos, if I come across them I’ll post them here. Very cool.

Pretty sure the Russian ones were of a different design though.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
If you go to the atomic testing museum in Vegas, you can see two of the prototype nuclear engines on display. Somewhere I’ve got photos, if I come across them I’ll post them here. Very cool. Pretty sure the Russian ones were of a different design though.
:cool: Thanks! These Russian ones like the one that blew up are horrible death machines. Why the world isn't in an uproar about them I don't know. But with the Amazon rainforest on fire, I suppose we should have more immediate concerns about our long-term survival.

marduk

quelling chaos since 2352BC
:cool: Thanks! These Russian ones like the one that blew up are horrible death machines. Why the world isn't in an uproar about them I don't know. But with the Amazon rainforest on fire, I suppose we should have more immediate concerns about our long-term survival.
At the risk of making this thread political, I think the insanity with Trump in the US and Boris Johnson in the UK just has everyone exhausted.
It’s like Putin did something crazy that is going to destroy the environment even more than Russia already has... uh, news at 11.