• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Most Solid UFO Videos

lucem

Paranormal Novice
Hello all, have been listening to the Paracast for some time but have just signed up for the forums. I've been scouring the internet for the best UFO videos but am coming up with nothing really. For the most part, all I see are the "best of" compilations which feature mostly fake/misidentified footage.

I was thinking that surely it must be fairly easy to find a small number of solidly mysterious videos, but I can't find anything...

So I figured surely the Paracast community must know of the best all time clips that are out there.

What do you say? What are the most curious UFO videos from any time?

I tried searching the forum here and didn't really see any topics, apologies if I've missed something and feel free to redirect me to any past topics.

This one says it is the worst video out there but at the end I was totally mesmerized.

Hello all, have been listening to the Paracast for some time but have just signed up for the forums. I've been scouring the internet for the best UFO videos but am coming up with nothing really. For the most part, all I see are the "best of" compilations which feature mostly fake/misidentified footage ... I tried searching the forum here and didn't really see any topics, apologies if I've missed something and feel free to redirect me to any past topics.

First of all, welcome to the forum! To save you a lot of frustration searching through videos, there are no high quality videos in the public realm that serve as definitive evidence for the existence of UFOs ( alien craft ). There are rumors of film taken by the military from aircraft gun cameras and film crews. But if they exist, they aren't available to us. I once saw a video on TV during the 1970s that was very convincing, but it also mysteriously disappeared. These days the advent of digital video cameras, editing, and artifacts have all added more noise than convincing evidence. Perhaps in the future some video might surface or be taken that can be verified as sufficiently convincing evidence. One possibility along these lines is the SLV project that Christopher O'Brien is working on. You might also want to have a look at the Hessdalen Project.

Thanks for the info and recommendations, I'll check those out.

I didn't expect any definitive evidence, but really I am just looking for some interesting videos. I can't find anything really that isn't either obviously fake or just not noteworthy

Hell, I'd be satisfied at this point with something that is more enjoyable to watch than actually qualifying as evidence, but everything seems to be beyond crap

A couple of cool videos on that Hessdalen Project site. Looks like Chris O'Brien's SLV video is down right now, but I have seen some of that in the past.

I've been paying attention to the scene for a while but just never really bothered to look at any of the video stuff. Hearing a lot of researchers talk about the process of examining videos for authenticity made me think there must be a handful of them that have survived scrutiny, but maybe none of the good ones are made public

Thanks for the info and recommendations, I'll check those out.

I didn't expect any definitive evidence, but really I am just looking for some interesting videos. I can't find anything really that isn't either obviously fake or just not noteworthy

Hell, I'd be satisfied at this point with something that is more enjoyable to watch than actually qualifying as evidence, but everything seems to be beyond crap

Well ... that's just it. If you're going to start wading through UFO videos, be prepared for a lot of crap, and then be prepared to find out that the stuff you don't think is crap is actually fake or doesn't qualify as a UFO e.g. vague lights off in the distance. Here are two examples you might find interesting though:

I strongly suggest you avoid most youtube channels that feature ufo footage if you read most recent fourms post you should know the big youtube group to avoid....

Well ... that's just it. If you're going to start wading through UFO videos, be prepared for a lot of crap, and then be prepared to find out that the stuff you don't think is crap is actually fake or doesn't qualify as a UFO e.g. strange lights off in the distance.

Yeah, a lot of the videos that I enjoy watching purely for their visual effect are most likely flares.

I'm pretty much the opposite of a nuts and bolts guy, so I don't really expect to find anything "definitive" in terms of UFOs as "spacecraft" - although as far as nuts and bolts go, I do think that experimental military aircraft and things like drones probably explain a lot of sightings.

That Rod Dickenson video is pretty cool. I'll have a look through the rest of those threads.

I strongly suggest you avoid most youtube channels that feature ufo footage if you read most recent fourms post you should know the big youtube group to avoid....

Haha, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about even without having read those posts...

I guess for whatever reason I just assumed there would be collections of the top tier videos out there, without having to wade through youtube and whatnot.

Look at some older ufo docs - from the days of VHS camcorders and before even that. Also, UFO sightings on AnonymousFO.com - UFOs, alien and ovni, news, and reports. Find out what are ufos has some that are pretty good - it also houses the largest documentary index of UFO vids I've came across so far.

Does anyone know if there is any free software I could download that would enable me to grab video from places like youtube? I've been thinking about creating a video of my own, made up of me grabbing the odd video or two from different places - vids that I think have some merit at least?

I've got several older docs - all the UFOs Hard Evidence series (which has a lot of footage but its all terrible imo), UFOs It Has Begun, UFOs Are Here!, Farewell Good Brothers (great doc, but not really oriented towards footage), and more that aren't worth mentioning... Are there any titles you'd recommend?

Flash Video Downloader plugin is the best youtube downloader I've found so far.

There's also offliberty.com which works pretty well and no installation required

Getting a copy of "Ultimate UFO - The Complete Evidence (aka UFOs - The Footage Archives)" which says it is 250 film clips / over 5 hours of UFO footage.

Also getting a copy of "Out of The Blue" which is the documentary that Rod Dickenson footage analysis is from

That Rod Dickenson video is pretty cool. I'll have a look through the rest of those threads.
The other video seems unremarkable at first, but the reason I cite it as interesting is because the witnesses don't seem to notice the object themselves. It's just there and gone and they don't make a point of making any big deal out of it, whereas in the obviously faked videos, the faked reactions are just as obvious. Plus this is a short enough segment that it could easily have gone unnoticed by the camera operator. At first I thought it was just an effect caused by the zoom, but a closer look seems to rule that out. The object actually appears to suddenly accelerate up and away from the radio tower. So sometimes even very short clips of vague lights off in the distance can be sufficiently puzzling.

Another thing to consider is that given the lousy quality of many videos, I've often maintained that even a single decent eyewitness account is more believable. For example compare some of the lousy videos you've probably seen with this eyewitness report: 1954, in Staffordshire, UK, Jessie Roestenberg: The Classic Cases | The Paracast Community Forums

In my view the report above seems far more believable as evidence than the vast majority of YouTube UFO video garbage we find on the internet, and what's more, there are many more better documented eyewitness accounts than this one. Skeptics have gone too far in dismissing human perception as valid evidence.

I've often maintained that even a single decent eyewitness account is more believable. For example compare some of the lousy videos you've probably seen with this eyewitness report: 1954, in Staffordshire, UK, Jessie Roestenberg: The Classic Cases | The Paracast Community Forums

In my view the report above seems far more believable as evidence than the vast majority of YouTube UFO video garbage we find on the internet, and what's more, there are many more better documented eyewitness accounts than this one. Skeptics have gone too far in dismissing human perception as valid evidence.

I generally agree. I've thought about it often myself- if I was witnessing a UFO, I'd probably pay close attention to it rather than try to film it... I think anyone that really appreciated what they were seeing would do the same. If you really want to take a moment in, you absorb yourself into it, not try to photograph it.... on the other hand, if you're dumbstruck by what you're seeing, you're naturally absorbed into the experience.

My general key point is the human perception in its literal sense. Perhaps the phenomenon in one of its big aspects isn't really possible outside of human perception, and maybe its not something that can be captured on video.

I generally agree. I've thought about it often myself- if I was witnessing a UFO, I'd probably pay close attention to it rather than try to film it... I think anyone that really appreciated what they were seeing would do the same. If you really want to take a moment in, you absorb yourself into it, not try to photograph it.... on the other hand, if you're dumbstruck by what you're seeing, you're naturally absorbed into the experience.

My general key point is the human perception in its literal sense. Perhaps the phenomenon in one of its big aspects isn't really possible outside of human perception, and maybe its not something that can be captured on video.

Excellent points. I've heard more than one witness say that is exactly what happened to them, and it's perfectly understandable. I own a digital camera with video capability, but half the time I forget to take it with me and even if I didn't forget it, I'd have to fiddle with it just to get the video function working, and that's last thing I'd want to do during such a rare experience. That's why I think we're more likely to get videos that are entirely accidental, like from automobile dash-cams or tourists. I wouldn't be surprised if there are already UFOs on dash-cam videos out there that have gone unnoticed because the drivers never noticed the object while they were driving. And why would they? Dash-cams overseas are largely for proof of insurance claims and therefore unless there's an accident or something incredible like a huge meteor streaking by, how many people are going to be taking their eyes off the road to do UFO spotting? Not many.

The only videos of which I am aware that might be vetted as credible are the "classic" Great Falls Montana and Tremonton Utah films from the 1950's. Neither is all that spectacular in terms of detail. But their chain of evidence is ostensibly good and they were supposedly analyzed by government labs in the 1950's in conjunction with Project Blue Book. They were pronounced "Unknown", which is Blue Book-eese for anomalous. Perhaps there are others.

Note that many Project Blue Book cases were well investigated and filtered and likewise labeled "Unknown". Much of the whitewashing was done later in the Condon Committee's weasel worded summation of Blue Book data.

The only videos of which I am aware that might be vetted as credible are the "classic" Great Falls Montana and Tremonton Utah films from the 1950's. Neither is all that spectacular in terms of detail. But their chain of evidence is ostensibly good and they were supposedly analyzed by government labs in the 1950's in conjunction with Project Blue Book. They were pronounced "Unknown", which is Blue Book-eese for anomalous.
Just to add a little added clarification on the interpretation of "Unknown" and "Unidentified".

On the term "Unknown"
Edward J. Ruppelt - USAF said:
Being an Unknown meant that the sighting report came from a stable source, contained a reasonable amount of data, and that after exhaustive investigation, the object that was reported could not be identified. - E.J. Ruppelt, former head of Project Blue Book.
On the term "Unidentified"
NARA Archives Project - Blue Book Files said:
"A sighting is considered unidentified when a report apparently contains all pertinent data necessary to suggest a valid hypothesis concerning the cause or explanation of the report but the description of the object or its motion cannot be correlated with any known object or phenomena." - NARA Archives Project Blue Book Microfilm

What the above together logically imply is that Unknowns aren't merely "anomalous". Anomalous is too shallow a word for something that, "cannot be correlated with any known object or phenomena." For example anomalous aircraft were not considered to be Unknowns. Additionally, the development of USAF screening systems for UFO reports was progressively refined until it became obvious their intent was to screen out any report that could be explained as a natural or manmade object or phenomenon. This means that Unknowns weren't merely anomalous, but extraordinary or out of this world, or for all intents and purposes alien to the boundaries and constructs of our global civilization. Unknowns were the so-called "true UFOs" or quite simply in everyday terms, alien craft ( though the USAF would never go as far as to say it in public ).

Getting a copy of "Ultimate UFO - The Complete Evidence (aka UFOs - The Footage Archives)" which says it is 250 film clips / over 5 hours of UFO footage.

Also getting a copy of "Out of The Blue" which is the documentary that Rod Dickenson footage analysis is from

I believe Out of the Blue is available on YouTube from UFOTV

Back