• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

More Coverage for "UFOs: Reframing the Debate": Ask MJ Banias

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Continuing our coverage of the revolutionary UFO book, "UFOs: Refreshing the Debate," we welcome another contributor to the book, MJ Banias.

MJ Banias is a writer, blogger, and theorist with a background in Critical Theory, History, and Cultural Studies who critically and philosophically examines the weird, the strange and the anomalous. He was a former field investigator with MUFON, has been featured on multiple podcasts, and contributes to Mysterious Universe and RoguePlanet. His work is also featured in a new book entitled "UFOs: Reframing the Debate."

Another contributor to the book, our own Curt Collins, will be on hand as a member of the panel.

This will be a late day for us. The episode will be recorded Thursday, June 15 from 6 PM until 8 PM Pacific time.

I just bought the book. I thought the last two shows were fantastic and I'm looking forward to this one. I enjoy the folkloric and sociological aspects of Ufology and look forward to exploring the ideas presented by the authors, some of whom are new to me. Alas, Banias is one who is new to me, so my questions are pretty basic:
Was there a something specific or an experience that prompted you to take a more philosophical approach to the topic of UFOs?
Is there anything you hope to accomplish with a rigorous philosophical approach?

I'm honestly not sure. Some of the authors have been on the show over the years, so we'll see. There will probably be more. We need to look at this subject in a new way, and I'm happy to see this book become the focal point.

Back