• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Micah Hanks on time anomalies and associated phenomena

Nice article.

"in truth, both sides are probably very wrong, with each woefully married to their own cultural and perceptual stereotypes"

For a long time I've believed the biggest hindrance to paranormal studies in general is our own beliefs.

Nice article.

"in truth, both sides are probably very wrong, with each woefully married to their own cultural and perceptual stereotypes"

For a long time I've believed the biggest hindrance to paranormal studies in general is our own beliefs.

Excellent point PPal. I think we blind ourselves to so many awesome and wondrous things in the universe around us because it just doesn't "fit the bill" for our nice, soft, safe current beleifs.

The article is written and presented well. I'd also congratulate him on publishing his first book. Not having read it there isn't anything I can say for certain, but I am dubious about his theory. If I understand what he is saying correctly, he's not actually saying that time travel is taking place, but that some people experience an apparition like sense of some situation that is out of step with the present.

To quote: "I am careful to point out references to our future as being “temporal” or “perceptual” on a human level for a number of reasons."

The above shows an atypical amount of consideration with regard to the topic of time travel. However, a "perception" of something that isn't taking place in real time is the same as a hallucination. The only difference is that there is a presumption that what is being perceived is actually connected with a real event in some other time. Although we have a limited ability to perceive (sense with our senses) certain things that have taken place in the past, the idea of any Ghost of Christmas Future is an entirely different matter, and I have to concur at least in part, with the Vulcan Science Directorate, that on this issue. Time travel ( apparitional or otherwise ) is not possible, at least not in the normal sense that most people think of it. If there is any reality to it at all then logic requires it to be connected not to any point in time within our own universe, but to other universes that have had precisely the same evolution as ours.

Time travel ( apparitional or otherwise ) is not possible, at least not in the normal sense that most people think of it. If there is any reality to it at all then logic requires it to be connected not to any point in time within our own universe, but to other universes that have had precisely the same evolution as ours.
Which concurs precisely with Dr. Michio Kaku's belief that each universe is like a soap bubble. Once something/someone passes through time, that bubble divides, creating a separate and identical universe where changes made affect only that bubble, and not the one you came from.

My only real concern with that theory is just this: all soap bubbles eventually pop. ;)

Which concurs precisely with Dr. Michio Kaku's belief that each universe is like a soap bubble. Once something/someone passes through time, that bubble divides, creating a separate and identical universe where changes made affect only that bubble, and not the one you came from.

My only real concern with that theory is just this: all soap bubbles eventually pop. ;)

Richard C Meredith wrote a really good Sci Fi trilogy the time liner trilogy that explored this idea.
Essentially for every decision the universe split into two timelines one in which each possible option takes place.
In the plot, using the correct technology one could "scud" across the lines left and right of your native line.
He also included a soap bubble pop in the plot. essentially at certain times when the universe became really full, the timelines with the lowest order of probability would collapse and cease to exist

Back