• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

MIBs, Albert Bender and Gray Barker - Newsletters from the 1950s (PDFs)

IsaacKoi

Paranormal Maven
Albert K Bender and Gray Barker are well known to those interested in the history of tales of the “Men In Black”.

Albert Bender was the founder of the International Flying Saucer Bureau (“IFSB”). The IFSB was one of the first major UFO groups. The article on Wikipedia about Albert Bender says that Bender “mysteriously” shut down the IFSB in 1953. The supposedly “mysterious” circumstances about that closure were heavily promoted by Albert Bender himself and his colleague Gray Barker in the 1950s. Together, they promoted a story about strange Men In Black that supposedly interfered with Bender’s UFO research.

Gray Barker was one of Ufology's many amusing tricksters. Widely acknowledged as a hoaxer that treated ufology as a joke, he created hoaxes with his friend Jim Moseley (editor of the “Saucer Smear” newsletter) and others. Jim Moseley subsequently wrote about those hoaxes and his friendship with Gray Barker in his highly amusing book “Shockingly Close to the Truth! Confessions of a Grave-Robbing Ufologist”.

This weekend, I have uploaded scans of Albert Bender’s newsletter, “Space Review”, recently kindly produced by the AFU in Sweden at my request.

These newsletters are now in the public domain because of a failure to register a renewal of the copyright in these pre-1964 American periodicals.

The newsletters listed below are available to download with a single click from the temporary link below during the next week:
https://we.tl/cobAjseuOn

Thereafter, or if you only want a single issues, they are also on the AFU’s website at this link:
Index of /Downloads/Magazines/United States/Space Review (Bender)

Space Review - Volume 1 number 1 - 1952 10
Space Review - Volume 2 number 1 - 1953 01
Space Review - Volume 2 number 2 - 1953 04
Space Review - Volume 2 number 3 - 1953 07
Space Review - Volume 2 number 4 - 1953 10
Space Review - Volume 3 number 2 - 1954 04
Space Review - Volume 3 number 3 - 1954 08

Also, I thought it worth mentioning that Mary Castner of CUFOS in the USA recently made Gray Barker’s “Saucerian” and “Saucerian Bulletin” newsletters available online. (One issue of the former is missing from the CUFOS collection, so I will arrange to get that scanned and supplied to CUFOS shortly):
www.cufos.org - /Saucerian/

le581f8589.JPG

Back