• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Meteor may have started latest blaze in Colorado

Christopher O'Brien

Back in the Saddle Aginn
Staff member
Jun 21, 2012 10:05 AM by Associated Press

[Interesting how the fireball sightings by pilots were south along the CO/NM border (over the SLV) and the fires were started north over 100 miles from the border. This event definitely makes the database! --chris]

BELLVUE, Colo. (AP) - More people evacuated by the most destructive fire in Colorado history are set to return home today.

It's the second wave of evacuees allowed back in two days as firefighters ramp up their attack on the wildfire that's burned over 100 square miles and destroyed at least 189 homes.

Fire managers say the blaze is 55 percent contained.

Meanwhile, firefighters are making progress against another blaze in central Colorado, which may have been caused by a meteor. The 2-square-mile wildfire near Lake George is 39 percent contained.

The county sheriff says his office received multiple reports, including one from a person who thought a meteorite might have landed in a wooded area north of Buena Vista. He says officials could not confirm that report.

The National Weather Service says the Colorado sightings correspond with a report of a possible meteor filed by the crews of two commercial aircraft over Kansas and another over New Mexico, near the Colorado State line. [my italics]

Sorry chris, but I have to plead dense on this one. When you say it makes the database I assume you mean your anomalous activity slv database but given the sighting locations and the distance mentioned (100 miles) I would think the fires and fireball activity are one and the same. Is there another wave of anomalous activity going on in the valley ? I think there is a theory that the chicago/peshtigo fires may have caused the great fires of 1871 as well as the tunguska event so on the surface would it seem to be a somewhat mundane event (outside of it's location this time) unless as I said things are heating up there in the valley.(that last remark was NOT intentional :oops:

Meteorites and the Peshtigo and Great Chicago Fires

My database includes weird natural events and military activity in addition to UFOs. mutes and crypto sightings, etc These recent fireball/meteors may have started fires and actually hit and grounded two planes! What are the odds? And YES there is a mini-flap going on in Southern Colorado/Northern NM. These reports include some very weird "flying humanoid" reports that we are investigating. There have been 9 or 10 in the past two years!

My database includes weird natural events and military activity in addition to UFOs. mutes and crypto sightings, etc These recent fireball/meteors may have started fires and actually hit and grounded two planes! What are the odds? And YES there is a mini-flap going on in Southern Colorado/Northern NM. These reports include some very weird "flying humanoid" reports that we are investigating. There have been 9 or 10 in the past two years!

I'll stay tuned to Our Strange Planet

And great job on the new look, I feel like I should be wearing a disposable sterile lab suit when I check in there. Is the old tmv.us still available until you get your database moved there ?

Meteor on Wednesday October 17, 2012

For those who look at the Events link I had posted the Orinid Meteor Shower a while back so no excuses for missing it!
It peaks on October 22 so you still have a few days in case there are any more good ones.
Meteor Shower Schedule on ufopages.com

Chris, has there been any developments on this or any news / updates from investigations? I am particularly interested in the flying humanoid cases.

Back