• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Metal detecting?

Spectre73

Paranormal Maven
Hi guys

Has anyone tried thier hand at metal detecting before?

I fancy giving it a go, I enjoy history and I have a machine. Just wondered if anyone engages in this hobby?

Im a novice,only been a handful of times on some of the local beaches.Found nothing of any interest.There are a few groups near me but membership is full at the moment.I'm trying to get permission from a local farmer to try on his land.,His farm dates back 400 years.

Great Steve.

I'm a novice also, but I got my first permission while on holiday at St Andrews last week, a large field next to the Caravan park :)

Really enjoyed it and found some smashing items. Nothing of value really but was very pleased.

I'm looking to get in touch with some farmers in my local area also - I find the initial approch the difficult part.

Something else we can chat about come July ;)

Great Steve.

I'm a novice also, but I got my first permission while on holiday at St Andrews last week, a large field next to the Caravan park :)

Really enjoyed it and found some smashing items. Nothing of value really but was very pleased.

I'm looking to get in touch with some farmers in my local area also - I find the initial approch the difficult part.

Something else we can chat about come July ;)
Definitely,we can try to convert Goggs to the joy of spending hours and getting nothing!,like reliving my teenage years.:)

Back in the early '90s, I went w/ a friend (who is an avid metal man w/ top-o-the-line gear) to the stream that flows thru the old mining/ghost town of Bonanza, in the northern San Luis Valley. We found some gold dust at a couple of bends in the stream and I found a little nugget just outside one of the old abandoned stamp mills. It was a fun afternoon and I learned a lot about the process.

Sounds great Chris.

I found it really relaxing - getting permission is the stressful part.

Every so often I would sit in the field and watch the skies just in case!

Back in the early '90s, I went w/ a friend (who is an avid metal man w/ top-o-the-line gear) to the stream that flows thru the old mining/ghost town of Bonanza, in the northern San Luis Valley. We found some gold dust at a couple of bends in the stream and I found a little nugget just outside one of the old abandoned stamp mills. It was a fun afternoon and I learned a lot about the process.
Gold dust and nuggets are all very well but did you find an old empty can of Oranjeboom beer like I did on the Mersey estuary?,I think not!!.:)

Back