• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

McCain's VP lied about youngest child

DBTrek

The Deacon of Beacon Hill
Currently in the internet rumor stage of development:

There is speculation that Gov. Sarah Palin is covering up the facts surrounding her youngest child, and that this child is actually the baby of her Daughter, Bristol.

1. Bristol Palin left school for an extended period of time, due to mononucleosis according to her family for the last 4-5 months of Trig's pregnancy. Some classmates claimed later that they had seen Bristol Palin pregnant.

2. Sarah Palin did not reveal to anyone outside her family that she was pregnant until 8 months into her pregnancy. Even then, she showed no signs of pregnancy. Alaskan news outlets commented on this, but did not go further. There are pictures of her at Super Tuesday (just a month before the baby was born).

http://www.adn.com/politics/story/339576.html

She is notably a very trim woman, so it would likely be difficult to hide a pregnancy.

3. There are supposed photos showing Bristol Palin having gained weight, possibly significantly so in the abdomen. I haven't been able to verify these.
4. Sarah Palin went into labor in Dallas just before she was due to deliver a keynote address at the Republican Governors' Energy Conference, and flew to Seattle, then Alaska while still in labor.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2008/apr/22/palins-flight-labor-falls-under-scrutiny/

Supposedly, she was in labor during the 8 hour flight, and the crew and attendants did not know.

(Quote from the Article Above):

""Governor Palin was extremely pleasant to flight attendants and her
stage of pregnancy was not apparent by observation as she didn't show
any signs of distress," Boren said."

This is extremely risky behavior, and you are advised by doctors, traditionally, not to fly once you are past 7 months pregnant. If airlines are made aware, sometimes they will prevent you from flying. Sarah Palin did not inform the flight.

5. Sarah has had four children before, and a prolonged labor that lasted a flight from Dallas to Alaska is extremely unlikely, as labor times usually decrease with the number of births.

6. There is also some rumor of an interview with a co-worker of Todd Palin at the oil fields in Prudhoe Bay (North Slope, where Todd Palin worked for BP), though I haven't been able to verify this. The co-worker claims Todd told him of the situation, supposedly.
7. Likewise, there were at the time a few classmates of Bristol's that claimed they had seen her pregnant.
8. Sarah Palin appeared 4 months before the baby's birth in Vogue magazine, and was "trim and lithe." (Searching for photos.)

Interesting that the daughter may have been removed from school for months at exactly the same time Gov. Palin claims to be pregnant, then gives a hurried early birth.

687-3504039.standalone.prod_affiliate.7.jpg

Which one is pregnant again?

Why are you spreading this crap? Who gives a shit which daughter is pregnant, which year she had the whooping cough, whether she might already have had the chicken pox, or whether she prefers cookie crumbs which her apple sauce.

Why are you spreading this crap? Who gives a shit which daughter is pregnant, which year she had the whooping cough, whether she might already have had the chicken pox, or whether she prefers cookie crumbs which her apple sauce.

If it is true that Sarah faked her own pregnancy to cover up her daughter's pregnancy, then I would like to know it. Such an act by a sitting state governor would certainly influence my vote.

If it is true that she has supported Alaskan secession, then that's a deal breaker for me. I won't have anything to do with putting her near the White House.

Although I certainly don't want to engage in "spreading of crap", I definitely do want to find out if any of this is true. I believe some type of discussion is warranted.

This is probably most interesting as a study in how these theories start and gain strength. It seems completely without merit. One thing that I find fascinating is that this fantastic yarn gained some traction while another story circulating early on stating that she had banned a slew of books from the local library as a mayor, did not. I wonder if Snopes.com, which addressed the library issue, was a major factor.

If it is true that Sarah faked her own pregnancy to cover up her daughter's pregnancy, then I would like to know it. Such an act by a sitting state governor would certainly influence my vote.

If it is true that she has supported Alaskan secession, then that's a deal breaker for me. I won't have anything to do with putting her near the White House.

Although I certainly don't want to engage in "spreading of crap", I definitely do want to find out if any of this is true. I believe some type of discussion is warranted.

Perhaps it didn't occur to you that she did it to protect her daughter from ridicule? Not that it matters. I don't see how the governor faking her own pregnancy to cover up her daughter's is any different from the typical behavior of a politician. They all engage in deception. Palin and Obama and McCain and Biden.

I do. Ok, not really, but a teenage girl getting knocked up is more interesting than the cliche's the politicians spew. Talk about Zzzzzz. Something other than Obama talking about hope and change is nice.

Perhaps it didn't occur to you that she did it to protect her daughter from ridicule? Not that it matters.

You raise a good point...if she did fake her own pregnancy, maybe protecting her daughter was a sound (ethical) motivation. I think I would first like to figure out whether the assertion is true, then deal with issues of motivation etc..

I don't see how the governor faking her own pregnancy to cover up her daughter's is any different from the typical behavior of a politician. They all engage in deception. Palin and Obama and McCain and Biden.

I agree with you. I expect politicians to lie. But not about their own pregancies. To me, this would be "jumping the shark" so to speak.

But like you said earlier, all this might just be crap and if so I am just wasting time worrying about it.

This is probably most interesting as a study in how these theories start and gain strength. It seems completely without merit.

Are you talking about the pregancy?

If you have some good information that will enable me to put this to rest in my own mind, I'd be grateful to you for sharing it.

On my own, I haven't been able to find a single photo that shows her conclusively pregnant. Although, I have found a few that seem to be attempting to hide a pregnancy.

1) If you are saying that because it has nothing to do with the Paranormal or other topics covered by the show, then you have a point.

2) If you are saying that just because you think the story is actual crap then you are a simple-minded, conformist fool who can't think for himself.

I do. Ok, not really, but a teenage girl getting knocked up is more interesting than the cliche's the politicians spew. Talk about Zzzzzz. Something other than Obama talking about hope and change is nice.

Holy crap! I can't believe that seemingly self-aware human adults are actually discussing the merits of lying. Did you learn NOTHING from After school Specials and all those episodes of Saved By the Bell?! Heck, even Gilligan's Island covered this, people.

Do yourself a favor and watch this immediately:

Lies of the Heart (1991)

Tsk. tsk.

On my own, I haven't been able to find a single photo that shows her conclusively pregnant. Although, I have found a few that seem to be attempting to hide a pregnancy.

I find the existence of this photo to be pretty reassuring. The governor appears to be quite pregnant.

Supposedly taken in April 2008, it shows KTVA reporter Andrea Gusty interviewing Governor Palin about the end of the Alaskan Governments legislative session.

I have not been able to find the video interview itself, and the provenance of the photo itself is unknown, but if it is faked I doubt Andrea Gusty would keep her mouth shut about it.

Anyway, for the time being (unless some new info appears), I'm not going to worry about this allegation any more.

1) If you are saying that because it has nothing to do with the Paranormal or other topics covered by the show, then you have a point.

2) If you are saying that just because you think the story is actual crap then you are a simple-minded, conformist fool who can't think for himself.

The general forum allows for talk about non-paranormal topics. This forum is based around conspiracies so the paranormal, or needing the show to talk about a topic isn't a requirement I dont think. If it is, I shoulda been banned long ago lol.

Holy crap! I can't believe that seemingly self-aware human adults are actually discussing the merits of lying. Did you learn NOTHING from After school Specials and all those episodes of Saved By the Bell?! Heck, even Gilligan's Island covered this, people.

Do yourself a favor and watch this immediately:

Lies of the Heart (1991)

Tsk. tsk.

I wasn't aware I was discussing the merits of lying. I thought it was about how teenies getting knocked up was a nice change from the cliche. Or more cliche.

I might check out the movie later. Right now I'm fixing to watch Chaos Theory.

I wasn't aware I was discussing the merits of lying. I thought it was about how teenies getting knocked up was a nice change from the cliche. Or more cliche.

I might check out the movie later. Right now I'm fixing to watch Chaos Theory.

Actually, I don't think it was you to whom I meant to reply. It was to the post about the potential merits of covering it up.

Still, you have to see the jest in my reply - no reply referencing Gilligan's Island should be taken to be serious. ::)

I hope obama wins not because, i no him, like him or trust him . my reason for such a statement is anything is better then the last eight years of the Republic party!. Hope America has sense on poll day, and stops going for people with the macho image it gets America no where but hatred by voteing politicans of that type into office.:rolleyes:

Back