• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 15, 2016: Preston Dennett

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Preston Dennett's approach to his UFO studies and writings are as conventional as you can get as far as this field is concerned. After exploring the mystery for some 30 years, he concludes they are most likely visitors from other planets.

This week, Chris, and later Gene, debated Preston about his opinions and his evidence. Fascinating.

We also talk about it more during the After The Paracast podcast for this week, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+. Check here for more information on our premium subscription service: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Please check our show archives. We've really talked Aztec to death, and there's little or nothing new to report. I don't see a compelling reason to talk about it anymore except in passing.

Mr. Dennett was not one of your stronger guests. He seemed all too willing to believe in just about ufo trope that comes down the pike. With the exception of rattling off some UFO cases he tended to speak in banalities and generalities...lots of plenty of, oceans of etc. and when chris pointed out that despite all this no real evidence other than ancedontal reports was forthcoming Preston tended to agree that it was very frustrating but he felt that this was all about to change very soon. His optimism while enchanting can be out of place at times in a field like this. These ET guys are so careful on all the oceans of visits that somehow they manage to leave not a trace of genetic evidence or DNA and yet they have over the years managed to have crashed plenty of craft over the decades? For a minute near the end i thought he was about to go to the mat for Mr. Meier.

Preston is a nice guy though and seems to be an ideal go to guy for those that like their visitors Extraterrestrial, masters of disguises, at times inept at flying craft yet low impact enough to leave no trace behind..except for all those crashed ships.

Last edited:
I think the guys summed it up best in the follow up ATP. Mr Dennett is a fine compiler of info and that is-nothing to look down upon or dismiss but his analytical process leaves something to be desired IMHO.

Disclosure? It happened on March 13, 1997, in the state of Arizona. It's happened in countless other places, too, on countless other occasions. A handful of people learn the truth each time and, for them, things are never the same.

Disclosure is a shadow dance that "they" practice, not a dangerous tango that politicians attempt. The tree of disclosure slowly grows, decade after decade, until the power line caught in the upper branches finally snaps. Then sparks will fly.

In a way, I fear the day that everyone knows the truth. Contrary to what Steve Bassett and Linda Howe believe, the world can't handle the truth. Not the world we know today.

Mr Dennett has obviously put a lot of hard work in over the years.However like many of us that have seen UFO's he is no nearer to the truth of what they are.We can all believe or suspect whatever we like but without hard evidence it will remain a fringe subject.Chris and Gene rode him hard but not in a malicious way.They too want answers and I doubt Roswell or the like will give up anything more or definitive.The proactive people in ufology need to start doing out of the box things like Chris's project.Everthing we've tried so far has failed to bring home the bacon.Freedom of information and politicians hungry for your vote will provide nothing worthwhile.I commend the hard work of researchers and archivists but they now need to try something completely new and off the wall.

Last edited:
The episode wasn't too bad, but I did wish that Mr. Dennett could have provided better responses to some of the more hard hitting questions.

The part about the phone calls really interested me. I've had my own strange phone call incidents, but I'm not sure if they're UFO related. I've just recently moved from a house where my family and I experienced paranormal activity during the four years we lived there. A couple of months ago, while living there, I was talking to my sister on the phone about the strange events happening at my house, and a strange sound took over our conversation. I heard static first, and every time I spoke I heard a series of digital beeps as if something, or someone was speaking a coded language every time I said something to my sister. I hung up and called my sister back, and she said she heard heavy, rasping breaths on her end. I've experienced many strange things in my life, but the phone thing was a first for me. And when I heard Preston's segment about this, it piqued my interest.

Just recently, the day before I moved, I got a phone call on my cell, and let it go to voicemail. I checked my caller ID and it looked to be a local number. I called it and found it to be a disconnected number. How can a disconnected number call you? It happened again, a couple of days later while I was at work.

Last edited:
The episode wasn't too bad, but I did wish that Mr. Dennett could have provided better responses to some of the more hard hitting questions.

The part about the phone calls really interested me. I've had my own strange phone call incidents, but I'm not sure if they're UFO related. I've just recently moved from a house where my family and I experienced paranormal activity during the four years we lived there. A couple of months ago, while living there, I was talking to my sister on the phone about the strange events happening at my house, and a strange sound took over our conversation. I heard static first, and every time I spoke I heard a series of digital beeps as if something, or someone was speaking a coded language every time I said something to my sister. I hung up and called my sister back, and she said she heard heavy, rasping breaths on her end. I've experienced many strange things in my life, but the phone thing was a first for me. And when I heard Preston's segment about this, it piqued my interest.

Just recently, the day before I moved, I got a phone call on my cell, and let it go to voicemail. I checked my caller ID and it looked to be a local number. I called it and found it to be a disconnected number. How can a disconnected number call you? It happened again, a couple of days later while I was at work.
There are websites that allow people to enter a bogus phone number when dialing outbound calls. It was probably a fishing scam via the phone. Prank phone callers use them too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The phishing scam phone calls make total sense. Thanks.

But the phone call with my sister being interrupted with those strange sounds was still extremely weird.

Back