• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

May 14, 2017 — Nick Redfern

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Nick Redfern is the consummate researcher, and his original book exposing the Roswell UFO as a failed human experiment by the U.S. government may have hit upon the truth.

In this episode, Nick discusses the book's sequel, "The Roswell UFO Conspiracy," and possible examples of ongoing government disinformation.

This book mentions the alleged Aztec, NM flying saucer, which is the subject of this week's episode of our premium podcast, After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of Paracast+. We feature Monte Shriver, someone who lived in Aztec and spent a year investigating that case.

You can find out more about our premium service here:

Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

Really fascinating stuff!

I could not agree more with the idea that a Balloon or Balloons have something to do with Roswell. The Airforce said as much.

I have to say that the idea of using people as guinea pigs is disturbing, but was evidently happening in other areas of "defence" research, so I don't think it can be totally excluded from the equation.
Although I fear I may sound like a broken record, I know that looking into such issues is not for the feint hearted or more sensitive "researcher" because I seen and read things that disturbed me greatly and will stay with me forever.

On a lighter note :) here is a picture I made whilst listening to the show:

ROSWELLBALLOON(PCF)1.png

I had kind of abandoned the whole thing to concentrate on other stuff not Rowsell related, but I still believe a strong argument can be made for why a "Balloon" is a prime suspect in the Roswell incident.
This episode has reinspired me, thank you.

Best wishes.

Thanks for presenting my question Christopher.

Nice shows for the Paracast with Nick, and ATP with Monte. That says something, because, to me, more talk about Roswell and Aztec is mostly like beating a dead, mutilated horse. har har.

I don't think Nick mentioned anything about this clearly, but I wonder if he presents documentation that Unit 731 members were actually brought to the US? From what very little I know, General MacArthur, the actual "Emperor" behind the throne of Hirohito during US occupation of Japan, gave Unit 731 members immunity -- in occupied Japan -- to reveal to the US all the results of their horrific, inhumane and simply unhuman experimentation. Is there actual documentation that they were brought over to the US, or is that Nick's conjecture? If it is a conjecture, then, to me, piling it on to Roswell is stretching things a little too far. What's new! I am glad that you mentioned James Carrion, and the possibility of Roswell being some sort of intel operation to stir up Soviet agents in the US. I lean in that direction, for what that's worth.

Enjoyable show which I have purchased Nick old books and they are worth a read indeed. Yeah what ever happened to James. Still think the V1-2 rocket had been involved in the Roswell affair and intel operation of the Cold War. Not NAZIs spacecraft rather allied technology. Agree on the late Col Corso of the Special Forces Community. Wonder what Nick thinks of back ground operation of Bob Lazar and interesting read Former Workers at Los Alamos Charged with Transmitting Classified Nuclear Weapons Data to Injure the United States

Last edited:
I always enjoy Nick's appearances and the After The Paracast show is also a must listen for anyone interested in UFO crashes. With so much focus on psychological misdirection and manipulation, I was a bit surprised nobody dropped John Alexander's name because he was directly involved in PSYOPs and has a book on UFOs. One thing I like about Redfern is that even though he's a believer in UFOs, he explores other theories besides alien craft and in doing so tends to shine a light on some interesting sidecar issues.

That being said, there were a number of times that I found the logic behind the conjecture a bit weak, but then again, that's just what happens when people throw ideas out there for consideration. If we don't push the limits then we don't know where to draw the line between what's reasonable and what's not. So where does this leave us with respect to alien visitation? I'm one of those sticks in the mud who tends to resonate with a point Friedman has made more than once, which is that there's alien craft and then there's everything else besides alien craft, and if we get wrapped-up in everything else, we're getting side-tracked.

So sure, Redfern's theory is interesting, but just because we can suppose that The Roswell Incident was in reality something other than a UFO retrieval operation doesn't mean it wasn't a UFO retrieval operation. It also doesn't make sense to me that the PTB would surreptitiously manipulate people into believing a cover story that is even more sensitive than the story allegedly being covered up. Unethical scientific experiments aren't really anything new. We know about a number of them, but the really good evidence about alien visitation is far more tightly contained. It's like suggesting they should have used the Manhattan Project as a cover story for Ultra.

I mean
think about it. The UFO problem is classified higher than the H-Bomb, but somebody got permission to use it as a cover to throw people off track of human test subjects? It doesn't make sense. It seems like that would be the last thing they'd do. BTW while writing this I just happened to turn on Coast To Coast and the guest was none other than our own Christopher O'Brien talking about his most excellent book Stalking The Herd. Go Chris!

Last edited:
A classic show! Great job, a few points

This theory is not extreme in my view. Extreme is thinking aliens who advanced to the level of interstellar travel would be so overwhelmed by the radio waves from a radar device that they would fly into EACH OTHER and crash. We have precedents for government coverups and human experiments which makes this theory a lot less extreme.

Annie Jacobsons book on roswell said the whole thing was russians surgically altering people to create a war of the world's panic, could her sources have been disinformation so if anyone got to the 'truth' about human experiment it would also have served to muddy the water.

This is the most logical and common sense making approach to the roswell mystery I have heard. Kudos to Nick for laying it out in the way he has.

He once again proves UK midlanders are the supreme beings

One more.... If alien abductions are psy op experiments and they have slowed down because they have found out what they wanted to then, in theory the evidence still exists.

If they want to apply this learning moving forward then someone will be In the know as to how the learning came about

As Nick said....keep digging

A classic show! Great job, a few points

This theory is not extreme in my view. Extreme is thinking aliens who advanced to the level of interstellar travel would be so overwhelmed by the radio waves from a radar device that they would fly into EACH OTHER and crash. We have precedents for government coverups and human experiments which makes this theory a lot less extreme.

Annie Jacobsons book on roswell said the whole thing was russians surgically altering people to create a war of the world's panic, could her sources have been disinformation so if anyone got to the 'truth' about human experiment it would also have served to muddy the water.

This is the most logical and common sense making approach to the roswell mystery I have heard. Kudos to Nick for laying it out in the way he has.

He once again proves UK midlanders are the supreme beings
Don't forget the theory, which I believe Whitley Strieber presented, which claims that the aliens at Roswell volunteered to crash and die so that humans could have solid proof of their existence and share technology with us. This was supposedly some sort of invitation to greatness that (as usual) the human race failed. I do not believe in any specific theory because I really couldn't care less at this point. But I thought this theory should be suggested. In other words, aliens are too advanced to crash, but do so purposely for our benefit. LOL

One more.... If alien abductions are psy op experiments and they have slowed down because they have found out what they wanted to then, in theory the evidence still exists.

If they want to apply this learning moving forward then someone will be In the know as to how the learning came about

As Nick said....keep digging
Seriously, my abductions happened in the 60's in a very remote rural area of Wisconsin. I find the idea of an encompassing government psy op experiment quite far fetched even in the face of the alternative of alien abduction. You couldn't even find my location on a map, much less expect anyone to single it out for some grand experiment.

Don't forget the theory, which I believe Whitley Strieber presented, which claims that the aliens at Roswell volunteered to crash and die so that humans could have solid proof of their existence and share technology with us. This was supposedly some sort of invitation to greatness that (as usual) the human race failed. I do not believe in any specific theory because I really couldn't care less at this point. But I thought this theory should be suggested. In other words, aliens are too advanced to crash, but do so purposely for our benefit. LOL
Lol, I remember that, I think it was in 'Majestic.'

When I read that, I knew Strieber was casting the visitors as messiahs -- came here and died for our sins, and we blew it.

Seriously, my abductions happened in the 60's in a very remote rural area of Wisconsin. I find the idea of an encompassing government psy op experiment quite far fetched even in the face of the alternative of alien abduction. You couldn't even find my location on a map, much less expect anyone to single it out for some grand experiment.

On the contrary, This could be exactly the circumstances the military are looking for to conduct their operation. Lack of witnesses, isolated area etc etc

A classic show! Great job, a few points ... This theory is not extreme in my view. Extreme is thinking aliens who advanced to the level of interstellar travel would be so overwhelmed by the radio waves from a radar device that they would fly into EACH OTHER and crash ...

Sure. It doesn't make much sense that RADAR would bring down a UFO, but then again oversimplifying the idea and using it to dismiss an alien explanation altogether is also a bit specious. To play devil's advocate here, someone from the 1500s could use the same logic to assume that a modern airplanes should never crash too. But they do. We also know from other cases that UFOs seem to react almost immediately to radar lock-ons and that back then it may have been the first time their craft encountered radar here, so maybe it took them by surprise, caused confusion, and something went wrong in their evasive maneuvers.

But who says it absolutely had to be radar anyway? Other reports describe lightning storms in the area. Maybe the craft got hit. Lightning doesn't usually cause much damage to our aircraft, but I saw a jet liner take a direct hit one night and it disrupted its electricity. The whole plane went dark and then it flickered back on and continued smoothly to the runway. But who knows with a UFO. If they use some sort of high-energy superconducting storage system to feed their drive, a 10 billion watt surge might just cause an overload in the drive system. I'm not convinced one way or the other about what the Roswell debris was from.

I wonder how humans around the world have died from falling down stairs?
And people have been using stairs for a long long time, accidents are inevitable.

If it was a UFO that crashed at Roswell, it could have been a caused by the aliens arguing among themselves about who is going to win the off-world Cup in 4962, or maybe the "pilot" was checking his smart phone? or it could have even been drink flying.

Things crash, even with "advanced" technology, in fact, especially with advanced technology, think of the amount of test pilots who have crashed.

In short I think that the idea that a UFO could not "crash" is bit of a stretch, and who knows maybe the "aliens" who crashed it didn't build it, maybe they were joy riders.
Or maybe it was a captured UFO that the US was testing which annoyed ET who in turn shot it down.

It is very difficult to say what caused a "thing" to fail or crash, when you are not even certain what that "thing" is in the first place. Or even who it belongs to.

Sure. It doesn't make much sense that RADAR would bring down a UFO, but then again oversimplifying the idea and using it to dismiss an alien explanation altogether is also a bit specious. To play devil's advocate here, someone from the 1500s could use the same logic to assume that a modern airplanes should never crash too. But they do. We also know from other cases that UFOs seem to react almost immediately to radar lock-ons and that back then it may have been the first time their craft encountered radar here, so maybe it took them by surprise, caused confusion, and something went wrong in their evasive maneuvers.

But who says it absolutely had to be radar anyway? Other reports describe lightning storms in the area. Maybe the craft got hit. Lightning doesn't usually cause much damage to our aircraft, but I saw a jet liner take a direct hit one night and it disrupted its electricity. The whole plane went dark and then it flickered back on and continued smoothly to the runway. But who knows with a UFO. If they use some sort of high-energy superconducting storage system to feed their drive, a 10 billion watt surge might just cause an overload in the drive system. I'm not convinced one way or the other about what the Roswell debris was from.

I think a fairer analogy would be technology from the 1500s such as candle light bringing down a modern airliner.

Candlelight is also in the electromagnetic spectrum just like radar, and bounces off planes hulls in the same way. Radar sounds fancy because it is a modern technology but it's just electromagnetic waves.

Let's get specific, radar is radio waves, so if these are bringing down ufos then watch out if your near a metropolitan area with a few radio and microwave transmitters!

And remember Stanton says the impact shows a mid air collision, so not only did radar waves send this advanced craft into miss control but it actually hit another craft (what are the chances, you don't see another ufo for ages and then as soon as you pass through some puny human radio wave machine another one pops up in your way!)

And just to stretch credulity this 'indestructible' material that couldn't be burnt, couldn't be torn, couldn't be broken ends up in pieces all over the desert floor?

Pull the other one...

I wonder how humans around the world have died from falling down stairs?
And people have been using stairs for a long long time, accidents are inevitable.

If it was a UFO that crashed at Roswell, it could have been a caused by the aliens arguing among themselves about who is going to win the off-world Cup in 4962, or maybe the "pilot" was checking his smart phone? or it could have even been drink flying.

Things crash, even with "advanced" technology, in fact, especially with advanced technology, think of the amount of test pilots who have crashed.

In short I think that the idea that a UFO could not "crash" is bit of a stretch, and who knows maybe the "aliens" who crashed it didn't build it, maybe they were joy riders.
Or maybe it was a captured UFO that the US was testing which annoyed ET who in turn shot it down.

It is very difficult to say what caused a "thing" to fail or crash, when you are not even certain what that "thing" is in the first place. Or even who it belongs to.
Sure it's possible, based on this logic anything is possible.

It's possible that it was a real alien Vehicle, it's possible they were all wearing clown suits and it's possible one of them was called Trevor.

Let's talk about what sounds likely. If humans advance their technology for another 500 years to the point of interstellar capability are we likely to even recognise the capability of our tech vs. Today? Is it likely it would fail in the presence of something so abundant in the universe as radio waves? and is it likely we would crash midair into another vehicle?

Just in what's in our near future we will have AI significantly more capable than humans designing our vehicles, flying them and monitoring them. They will be perfect in every measurable way to a human beings level of comprehension.

I know in the film's the aliens have an Achilles heel that the Americans always find to bring them down but the real interstellar aliens, if they exist...do I need to go on...

Back