• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

March 22, 2015 — Marty Rosenblatt & The "Grand" Experiment

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Marty Rosenblatt presented a fascinating take on a subject we haven't covered for a while on The Paracast.

And he'll be around to tell you about the experiment we envision that will involve you listeners.

Good basic intro, and Marty is onto something with his unitary ARV modification to the standard binary protocol.

A pity he couldn't go in more depth into the protocols, differences, issues (ambiguity, rating, displacement, etc) and his potential solutions for them.

Also the whole numbers game in the weighing of the results is very intriguing as it gives potential possibilities for the use of signal processing methods , rather than just doing standard correlations and distributions on the results.

It'll be interesting to see what his crew is going to get into in the coming years. Not sure the S/N of remote viewing can be improved significantly, but it'd be great if one was able to develop a higher confidence method for separating "good" (i.e. right-hitting) sessions from "bad" sessions before the actual outcome being viewed (i.e. before feedback).

Looking forward to doing the test you're setting up!

Absolutely. He seems to be a very level-headed scientific thinker. I hope there are many more like @MartyRosenblatt in the RV community. Come to think of it, I guess, Russell Targ and Hal Puthoff also aren't of the exaggerated claims persuasion, and probably most of the others (who I don't know much about), too. It's unfortunate that what you hear of most are the outrageous claims and apocalyptic prophesies of a minority.

Thanks for asking my questions on the show. And thank you, Mr Rosenblatt, for participating on the forums and for your enthusiasm, offering this "free for all" remote viewing experiment. From experiments like this, I guess it's clear that this is indeed something remarkable. Although it never seems to be a hundred percent "hit" (in terms of a Remote Viewer naming the target directly or giving a unique, irrefutably correct description), the elements perceived are often too close matches to elements of or near the target to just be lucky guesses.

IMO, there is no excuse for this now being out in the open for so long and still being ignored, attacked, ridiculed or shrugged off.

Looking forward to the experiment, which I'll try to participate in, although, given my doubting mind (yes, I have that too) and overall rather pessimistic outlook, I'm afraid I won't be much of a RVer.

And I wonder if my total ignorance regarding american sports events and teams is going to have a negative effect on the outcome...?

I hope we can have a big participation rate in the precognative experiment. Having the opportunity to be a part of this is a unique experience is going to be amazing. I wonder if this test will be influenced by the fact that we tend to have open minds when it comes to this kind of subject. Without a control group we may never know. It will still be an amazing event regardless.

Marty has quite a few interesting research papers, publications, and presentations from the past few years. I'll link to some of them here:

Precognitive Telepathy, Emotion, and Displacement (Eight Martizinis, pp. 34, 2012)
http://www.eightmartinis.com/downloads/eight martinis issue 8.pdf

10-choice Associative Remote Viewing (IRVA-conference 2009 presentation)
http://p-i-a.com/Magazine/Issue33/IRVA2009EditedForIssue33.pps

Associative Remote Viewing (ARV) Prediction of a Horse Race (IRVA 2010,Rosenblatt)
http://p-i-a.com/Magazine/Issue34/IRVA2010-Rosenblatt_Online.pps

Analysis-Judging and Displacement (IRVA 2012 conference)
http://p-i-a.com/2012IRVA.ppsx

Some of them are more in depth methodological reviews of particular expriments, but the first is quite easy to understand and perhaps interesting for those who don't want to dive right into depths.

This was a fascinating show and I'm looking forward to participating in the experiment - for which I have no personal expectations of ability. I do have a slight concern about using the Final Four. Would prior knowledge of the various teams and play-off abilities reflect in any way an emotive choice in predicting the outcomes? From either Mr. Rosenblatt or in us, the test subjects?

If the viewing is done with ARV style, then you are viewing what is called a proxy target. You are not viewing the result per se. You don't know what the proxy target stands for (i.e. is it team A winning or team B winning). This way the viewer can be shielded (at least partially) from the emotional agitation of trying to view a certain outcome (say a favourite team winning).

Marty can provide a better answer, if he has time.

Thanks, rekkaa. I just wondered, as Marty talked about precognitive viewing, whether an emotional stake, on either side, would somehow muddy the results of the test. Is it a simple depiction of a view, or are we also tangentially predicting the outcome?

Again, Marty is the best person to answer, yet I'll give you my take.

Emotional agitation or excitement can be a good thing (esp. at target end, i.e. target has high emotional arousal). AT least in some cases.

However, high emotional agitation/arousal at the viewer's end (i.e. the person viewing) can cut both ways. Some viewers seem to perform well when they get into a certain kind of excited flow (I think Paul H Smith used to listen to some heavy metal tracks before his sessions, if my memory serves me well). Then again, some people seem to do much better when they calm their mind in every possible way (thooughts, emotions, external sensations, etc).

So, I think the answer could be - it depends. Yes, that boring answer.

The best way to find which way it could be for oneself - is to test. To view in both excited mode (perhaps an exciting target/content also) and in calm mode (perhaps also helped by a boring target).

Hope that helps and do remember this if my take, and YMMV.

Enjoyed hearing Marty and his approach to ARV- although I felt he could have used more examples to get his points across. Am keen to take part in the ARV test.

Again, thanks, rekkaa. That makes a lot of sense. I can see how it can work either way; a bit like college exams, back in the day. You can either be hyped by the pressure or completely shut down. I can also see how perceiving an emotive choice of subject could encourage or stifle the reception. Regardless, I'm rather looking forward to this experiment.

Marty Rosenblatt presented a fascinating take on a subject we haven't covered for a while on The Paracast.

And he'll be around to tell you about the experiment we envision that will involve you listeners.

Yes please, I would like to learn how to view when I will finally get a kidney transplant and how long that kidney will last.

So sorry to hear this, Rana. Sending prayers and good wishes your way.
Thanks COL... I am very blessed overall but 5yrs is a long time to be on a very short leash and not work.
If anyone has questions about orgsn donation and living kidney donation, I am not only wsiting for a kidney but was an ICU RN x 15yrs and an organ donation coordinator as well. It's less arduous than you might think and the recipient's insurance pays all costs including travel. .. physical travel, not Astral ..., haaaaaahahaha

G'day all. Did anything ever come of Marty's experiment? I'm also very keen to have a go.

Alternatively (or ideally in addition to), how about us setting up a general RV experiment for interested forum members? Say, one person selects a target, the rest of us try to RV it and post our responses here, and then the target is revealed. It would be interesting to see the results. Anybody keen?

Nothing came of the experiment? Did he do it? I cant believe its been 6 months since it was originally posted.

I am keempn on us all doing an exercise of our own.., selfishly I would love to be the focus and see if we can dredge me up some info on a potential transplant for me... 6yrs is long enough really!

Back