• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

lol stephen bassett

hecticXx

Skilled Investigator
stephen bassett was apparantly on good ol' flippin' coast to coast last night. i saw that he was on there on realized that coast truly has sold out. i don't even want to listen to it. after his latest little display with gene and chris you would think this guy would be publicly defamed. i guess c2c will take any 3 ring circus event these days. what a pity.

Your revelation comes relatively late in the history of C2C. Art Bell had known frauds on C2C back in the 1990's, such as Jonathan Reed, long after he knew the man was a fraud. To Art, "good radio" was what mattered, not authenticity. C2C has therefore been this way for a very long time. The intent is to provide entertaining radio in the areas of the paranormal (including UFOs here). Their mission statement has nothing to do with researching and discovering truth. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy C2C with a firm understanding of its intent, which is to entertain.

Your revelation comes relatively late in the history of C2C. Art Bell had known frauds on C2C back in the 1990's, such as Jonathan Reed, long after he knew the man was a fraud. To Art, "good radio" was what mattered, not authenticity. C2C has therefore been this way for a very long time. The intent is to provide entertaining radio in the areas of the paranormal (including UFOs here). Their mission statement has nothing to do with researching and discovering truth. This doesn't mean you can't enjoy C2C with a firm understanding of its intent, which is to entertain.
oh, i have known this for a long time. this is one of the reasons why i haven't listened to C2C since I really got into 'fringe topics' about 6 years ago. i just was scrolling through websites and saw talk of stephen on c2c, so I searched to see WHEN he was on. turns out it was just a few nights ago, and I thought to myself, 'good Lord, coast. you guys have really went even further downhill than I thought possible of you'. I appreciate the reply. as unpopular as my opinion may be, I would like to see C2C make a grand comeback, but I just don't see that happening anytime at all with them having the likes of Bassett on the show. thus, Paracast holds the title for true, authentic radio journalism and intellectual discussion. Gene & Chris just can't be beat, imho.

Totally agree but I know many here, including our hosts, would state the proviso - except George Knapp.

oh, i have known this for a long time. this is one of the reasons why i haven't listened to C2C since I really got into 'fringe topics' about 6 years ago. i just was scrolling through websites and saw talk of stephen on c2c, so I searched to see WHEN he was on. turns out it was just a few nights ago, and I thought to myself, 'good Lord, coast. you guys have really went even further downhill than I thought possible of you'. I appreciate the reply. as unpopular as my opinion may be, I would like to see C2C make a grand comeback, but I just don't see that happening anytime at all with them having the likes of Bassett on the show. thus, Paracast holds the title for true, authentic radio journalism and intellectual discussion. Gene & Chris just can't be beat, imho.

Many of us here do still appreciate C2C, for some of the news it has carried, for many guests and for some hosts. It is undeniably at the top of paranormal radio, at least in terms of popularity. I will still listen to C2C from time to time, especially George Knapp but also sometimes George Noorey. It's been said here before that no-one has a problem with Noorey the man. Personally, I really like him. It's just that he lets so much go by unchallenged but that's showbiz!

Before I found the Paracast, it was late nights in West Texas, listening to C2C while driving home along dark, deserted highways. I had never heard any radio or TV show that carried these subjects. I'd loved the paranormal for years, was addicted to the X-files and to hear C2C for the first time was an awakening I still benefit from to this day. Long live Coast to Coast (but it could certainly do with dropping a certain type of guest but it won't happen).

We need to have George Noorey on the Paracast. He'd be a great guest and I wonder If he falls into the category that contains Whitley Strieber and Jaime Mussan, that is, those who wish to avoid this show for fear of being taken to task/given a hard time?

I am totally confident that George Noorey would get a fantastic welcome here and he would be treated with total respect by our hosts. Nobody here is out to get George. Some of his guests maybe but not the man himself.

C2C is great show if want entertainment and listen to George Knapp class star on his own. We like more entertainment with lots of thinking topics thats why we listen to the Paracast and Darkmatters .;)

Many of us here do still appreciate C2C, for some of the news it has carried, for many guests and for some hosts. It is undeniably at the top of paranormal radio, at least in terms of popularity. I will still listen to C2C from time to time, especially George Knapp but also sometimes George Noorey. It's been said here before that no-one has a problem with Noorey the man. Personally, I really like him. It's just that he lets so much go by unchallenged but that's showbiz!

Before I found the Paracast, it was late nights in West Texas, listening to C2C while driving home along dark, deserted highways. I had never heard any radio or TV show that carried these subjects. I'd loved the paranormal for years, was addicted to the X-files and to hear C2C for the first time was an awakening I still benefit from to this day. Long live Coast to Coast (but it could certainly do with dropping a certain type of guest but it won't happen).

We need to have George Noorey on the Paracast. He'd be a great guest and I wonder If he falls into the category that contains Whitley Strieber and Jaime Mussan, that is, those who wish to avoid this show for fear of being taken to task/given a hard time?

I am totally confident that George Noorey would get a fantastic welcome here and he would be treated with total respect by our hosts. Nobody here is out to get George. Some of his guests maybe but not the man himself.
Goggs. We will have to agree to disagree. I have not met George Noory so I would not be arrogant enough to cast aspersions upon him as a human being. But as an interviewer, I think he is quite poor. I listen to better amateur interviewers all the time on internet paranormal podcasts. Here is my problem with George. He does not know how to have a conversation with a guest. Art Bell, for all his faults, knew how to turn most interviews into an intimate conversation. In contrast, George seems to read down a list of questions prepared for him by his staff. He often misses very blatant "hooks" that a more attentive host would follow up upon. George has improved over the years. But to make my point, I will just make up a bit of an over-the-top interview that will hopefully illustrate my complaints about George Noory:

GUEST: "I was riding my bike along the reservoir. Suddenly, a huge silver disk appeared over me."

GEORGE: "Gosh! Do you think it was angels?"

GUEST: "(confused by the question) Ah, no. Then a beacon of light lifted me up into the craft where I saw marvelous technology."

GEORGE: "The LA Angels are having a bad year. Maybe they need to be taken into a ufo for some pointers. Ha, ha. Do you think that aliens have a favorite sports team?"

GUEST: "Um....I don't know. Then I met with sinister aliens who told me the exact date when they plan to invade our planet and kill all humans."

GEORGE: "When you went on the craft, did you get to talk to any aliens?"

GUEST: "(a bit impatient now) Ah, as I was saying, then I met with sinister aliens who told me the exact date when they plan to invade our planet and kill all humans!"

GEORGE: "We will go to open lines in the next hour. Thanks [guest's name] for being with us".

GUEST: "(In a daze) Sure thing. Whatever....any time. Thanks?"

This is a flawed attempt on my part to illustrate the common disconnect George has with the guest. Often he will follow-up a guest's really intriguing comment with a totally unrelated question. This is also a classic. A guest will explain something, and immediately afterwards, George will ask the guest to explain that point again. In other words, George is not even listening but just goes down to the next question on his list. Sometimes the audience can actually hear George tapping away at his keyboard while the guest is speaking!

I sincerely hope Gene and Chris do not waste a Paracast episode on this guy.

Last edited:
Back