• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

loch ness monster pic?

Nessie most be ageless the creature has been seen how long now lol In all serious that photo is showing nothing of worth.

So you're saying these are bogus then?
72154653b4ecc24fff0bcac2a614a85d.jpg

loch-elephant.jpg

Here's essentially the same story but from MU. Check out the catfish

"...In Victorian times a species of Wels catfish were introduced into Britain for sport. They are very long-lived, can grow to 13ft long and weigh up to 62 stones (868 pounds) … And their curved backs fit the description of many sightings – which began in the 1930s, just as the fish would have reached maturity.

Is the Loch Ness Monster a Wels catfish? It depends on your perspective

There have been stories of Wels catfish eating humans and lunging out of the water to attack prey. Unfortunately, Feltham doesn’t have any pictures of the Loch Ness Catfish..."

Top Expert Changes Mind About Loch Ness Monster | Mysterious Universe

I started researching sturgeon as I couldn't believe the other Robert's post (talk about alter ego) about sturgeons getting to 35 feet. They also like to jump, but I understand the jumping and knocking people on boats is not actually predatory. I could see Nessie as a sturgeon because of the long neck like image and its bony spine plates also add to the whole dinosaur thing which the sturgeon has in spades.
home.jpg

Here's one my grandpappy caught up north.
52fd071aabba4.preview-699.jpg

Sorry that's a total lie but what the hell, says Robert x Robert.

My understanding is that Sturgeon continue to grow their entire life, so one that measured 35 feet would have to be about 200 years old.
The largest official Sturgeon record I can find is of a Beluga Sturgeon is one weighing 1,571 kg (3,463 lb) and 7.2 m (24 ft) long caught in the Volga estuary (Russia).
I don't think one growing to 35 feet is impossible, but it seems incredibly unlikely, I suspect that what was seen was a gigantic one (maybe 15 feet long and its size was overestimated by 20 or so feet, the thing that makes me doubt the 35 foot estimate is that it is nearly half as big again as the largest ever recorded. It is a shame no photograph or video was taken because I would like to be wrong.

One other thing to note is that a Sturgeon must swim up river to its spawning ground, and it must make this journey many times during its life, so a 35 foot beast would have a hard time avoiding being spotted or caught.
If we were dealing with a purely sea fish, I would be a lot less sceptical because there is so much more water to hide in, for example I believe that there are Great white sharks much larger out their than the "record" one.
I have heard of reports of 60ft ones!

Back