• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Life on the Other Side questions

Ranko

Paranormal Novice
A few questions for any guest who talks about life after death:

1. Assuming there is life after death, and assuming reincarnation is not true, then what do we actually do on the other side? Eternity is a long, long time, and things could get quite boring.

2. If we "help out" people still on earth after we have died, then what happens when the human race eventually dies out, as it probably will some day in the future?

3. Granted, things are supposed to be "better" on the other side, yet, at least in my opinion, there is still a lot of good cultural material on this side (books, some movies, art, music, etc) that would, supposedly, be unavailable to us on the other side. Is there any way people "over there" have access to our music, plays, etc?

4. Has anyone reported on the other side any communication between the different species of humans, such as Homo sapiens sapiens, Neanderthals, etc?

5. Has anyone reported on the other side any communication between humans and extra-terrestrial entities (assuming that there are any such beings)?

Blimey ... the whole life after death thing is a metaphysical mine field of James Randi's beard size proportions :D ... in some respects.

I myself have come up with an idea which I call loosely, "the preservation of the soul ... energy ... stuff type thing".

If the soul is an energy field (electromagnetic or otherwise) then the total energy of all the souls in the universe must remain constant(ish) (a la preservation of momentum etc etc etc) ... so when someone dies, the soul is free to move around space-time and generally hangs around until it can then enter another body ... for some unbelievably strange reason. (yep I've not really thought it out that much :D).

This would of course put a limit on the number of sentient beings in the universe ... and would explain the number of boy-racers, middle-management types and stupid actresses there are in the universe (and on this planet in particular) at this moment in time :D

I would try to answer some of those questions but whatever I come up with I'm bound to be wrong. The real answers to your questions will probably end up being stranger than one could possibly imagine.

Best wishes

schtick

Yeah, I don' think I could trust anyone who said he knew with certainty those answers.

My best guess would be that it gives the soul an opportunity to feel, emote, and even languish in all the tactile stuff we get to experience, even the horrid. I'm not so sure there's some lesson we are supposed to learn. It may be this is the playground for acting out everything there is to experience and that's all. Don't know though. :confused:

Poi said:
Yeah, I don' think I could trust anyone who said he knew with certainty those answers.

My best guess would be that it gives the soul an opportunity to feel, emote, and even languish in all the tactile stuff we get to experience, even the horrid. I'm not so sure there's some lesson we are supposed to learn. It may be this is the playground for acting out everything there is to experience and that's all. Don't know though. :confused:

Ooo ... I just had a thought :D. Maybe the soul is actually some sort of alien life form or part of some alien consciousness that enters our bodies at birth. It then spends the time it has in our life recording events such as all the touchy-feely things mentioned ... things it cannot get a grip of, so to speak ... and then at death the "alien part" leaves the body to reenter the rest of the consciousness until its needed again to record some data :D.

UFOs and the abduction stuff could then be related in someway i.e. when the alien consciousness comes along to check up on our "alien" selves to get a report of what its recording :D, and to see how things are ticking along.

Ramble ... ramble ... ramble ... :D ... just a few more thoughts for your dissection :D

[I'm in the middle of my first coffee of the morning so excuse me if I make no sense :D ... but then again ... do other human beings really make any sense :D]

Back