• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Last Show - 20th May 2007 - Aurora Encounter

Rick Deckard

Paranormal Maven
Found some pics of Mickey Hays as he appeared in The Aurora Encounter (1986) for comparison to the 'Star Child' - he suffered from progeria, the ageing disease described in the show.

aur7boy4.JPG

More pics here:

Peter Brown in Aurora Encounter

A.LeClair said:
I forgot all about him. It is very similar in appearance as the "Star Child".

Yeah. He is 14 years old in that picture - apparently, some sort of 'foundation' supporting the sufferers of the disease fixed his 'wish' to star in a film.

He died 6 years later. How very sad.

Like I said before, using the progerian template was a step in the right direction as far as I was concerned, and after seeing more of the Artist's Depictions on Lloyd's site, he's gone in a more alien direction.

One piece is particularly funny when I look at it. It's VERY alien, and older, which I find hilarious.

I just finished listening to the show. I'm impressed, Tommy avoided the "Come sling some mud with us" portion of the show. Wow. I hope he gets invited back . . . I'm not sure what happens to guests that don't play ball.

The Paracast is like The National Enquirer of podcasts . . . all the salacious dirt, in-fighting and skull-duggery of the UFO community laid out for the entertainement of the masses. It would make an awesome day time TV show.

Think about it . . . Springer style . . . Korff vs. Kimball, Horn vs. Biedny, and Allison vs. Pye!

The season finale could pit Team Paracast vs. Team "The Rest of the UFO World" in a knock down, drag-out rumble that leaves the crowd shouting for more!

:p

-DBTrek

I wanted to ask something about this past show (though not about the Aurora thing).

Didn't the guest say he was emailing David the footage he said he had of the light in the sky? Did I hear that right? Is it on the boards already and I just haven't caught it yet?

Brian Now said:
Didn't the guest say he was emailing David the footage he said he had of the light in the sky? Did I hear that right? Is it on the boards already and I just haven't caught it yet?

Good call, the talk of UFO photos and video caught my attention too. I think most of us would like to see them. I haven't seen them posted here or on Tommy''s site so I imagine they're still in transit or something. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of them sometime soon.

I did see that Tommy created a bust of one of my heroes . . . Cthulhu. I don't want any lawyer problems so I'll just post a link to it:

http://www.culttvman.com/tommy_allison_s_cthulhu_mini-b.html

They're apparently for sale, but not online . . . at least not anywhere I could find.

I didn't see the Starchild . . . er . . . hybrid head either, though there is a skull fragment and maxilla casting.

Ia Ia Cthulhu fhaghn!

-DBTrek

DBTrek said:
Good call, the talk of UFO photos and video caught my attention too. I think most of us would like to see them. I haven't seen them posted here or on Tommy''s site so I imagine they're still in transit or something. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of them sometime soon.

I did see that Tommy created a bust of one of my heroes . . . Cthulhu. I don't want any lawyer problems so I'll just post a link to it:

They're apparently for sale, but not online . . . at least not anywhere I could find.

I didn't see the Starchild . . . er . . . hybrid head either, though there is a skull fragment and maxilla casting.

Ia Ia Cthulhu fhaghn!

-DBTrek

I didn't notice any links to it, so I'm posting a link to Mr Allison's reconstruction of the starchild skull:

<a href="http://www.myufo.com/2007/05/forensic_reconstruction_of_the.html">link</a>

I haven't quite finished listening to the show yet but I will later today. I really am enjoying it.
And, yeah, I was wondering about the links from Tommy, too!
Let's see 'em!

Gene and David have lost alot of credibility on this issue. They're now defending their egos, and not looking objectively at Pie's claims. The entire interview with Allison was an attempt to support their emotional response to Pie's show. Their point about subjectivity coloring "objective research" was never more true than in their own case.

Manu said:
Gene and David have lost alot of credibility on this issue. They're now defending their egos, and not looking objectively at Pie's claims. The entire interview with Allison was an attempt to support their emotional response to Pie's show. Their point about subjectivity coloring "objective research" was never more true than in their own case.

Actually, we did the interview because Tommy Allison has some interesting information to present. If it were shown that the StarChild skull represented a real alien/human hybrid, we'd be among the first to cheer.

I didn't see the show in that way. I thought everybody was civil and clear about their views and I didn't get the impression that anyone was being defensive, really.

Gene Steinberg said:
Actually, we did the interview because Tommy Allison has some interesting information to present. If it were shown that the StarChild skull represented a real alien/human hybrid, we'd be among the first to cheer.

what about the other thing pye claims like for example the "fibers" and the bone of the skull being twice as hard/strong as normal bone

is that something thats normal for this skull deforming decease (forgot name) that people say to pye that it is?

wezzy said:
what about the other thing pye claims like for example the "fibers" and the bone of the skull being twice as hard/strong as normal bone

is that something thats normal for this skull deforming decease (forgot name) that people say to pye that it is?

Before progressing down that line of inquiry, don't forget that the skull was covered in some sort of resin or laquer which could have easily seeped into the bone and changed it's make-up.

Manu said:

I'm not sure exactly how to respond to this.

You have to understand that I never said anything about the skull being unauthentic. If anything, I've been hopeful that it does turn out to be a kind of hybrid. I would love nothing more than to have Lloyd be right because it would prove without a doubt that we might not be alone in the universe.

You have to understand that my falling out with Lloyd should not reflect on the skull, and it should reflect on the work being done. There are some very good people involved with this project, who are far more eminently qualified to make judgements on the nature of this thing. Lloyd just isn't one of them, he's the guy running the show nothing more. He talks about all this stuff, and makes a good case for it, but the people who are doing the real work, the real science are far more qualified than anyone to say what it is or isn't.

What David and Gene said on the show, is their take on things. My take on Lloyd as a person is different than my take on the skull. I'd like it to be a hybrid, but at the same time I have to be objective in what it is I'm rendering. For it to be about the truth, it can't just be aribitrarily created to look the way someone wants it to. That would be pretty pointless and stupid. I see a lot of what is on Lloyd's site in the way of so called forensic renderings or artists interpretations and they all look far more alien than what I came up with, because that seems to be the agenda moreso than to get at the truth.

If it sells books, then I'm sure whatever view that sells the most will be encouraged. My take was different for a lot of reasons in a lot of ways than what people wanted or expected.

So, please do not think for one minute that Gene and David should be marginalized. They have their show, they do it the way they want and from all accounts do indeed have their own opinions of what is going on with Lloyd and his work. I have my own, but haven't let the distaste I have for Lloyd change my objectivity.

DBTrek said:

Ia Ia Cthulhu fhaghn!

-DBTrek

I moved last summer and the box with the video tapes hasn't been located yet, but soon. I have some video footage which I will post. I sent David and Gene a scan of the article from the newspaper and they can post that whenever they choose. If I had a means to host the article, I would do so.

Tommy, I enjoyed you on the show. I do not feel for one moment that your personal dealings or feelings about Pye reflect on your view of the work on the skull. You made it perfectly clear that you aren't letting your feelings cloud you on the subject at hand. And I respect that you disagree with Gene and David about him. But, to be fair, one of them (dang, I can never recall who!) pointed out that you had more dealings with him.
I do hope that Pye listens to the show. I doubt he will, but he may. If he does he may calm down.
For my part, thank you for making for an interesting and entertaining episode of the Paracast and I hope to hear you on it again soon.

Lloyd and I will likely never mend any fences. He pretty well pissed me off with his libelous e-mails to a couple people. Once you've done something like that to a guy like me, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. Lloyd as a person has some issues and like everyone else has their own ways of dealing with things. Lloyd not only burned his bridges with me, there's still nuclear fallout with a halflife of about 300 years.

As much as I loathe the man at this point in time, I still hold out hope that whatever comes of the skull, that it gives people who have invested their time and money into it the closure they need to move on to something else.

Regardless, I would like very much to see it turn into something awesome. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if we're going to find out anytime soon.

CapnG said:
Before progressing down that line of inquiry, don't forget that the skull was covered in some sort of resin or laquer which could have easily seeped into the bone and changed it's make-up.

I wasn't aware that it was covered in any kind of laquer. Generally as a rule, laquer doesn't permeate bone past the surface. It's not a solvent. Laquer wouldn't do anything that preserve what is inside, not mask it, or screw with the end result of any kind of testing.

Also, as for the fibers I have no idea what they are, or where they come from. I myself would like to see what the results on those things are, as they'd probably have some kind of properties that would be more indicative of what the rest of the skull is about.

ComicSpace

A link to the article. I should have some video up in the very near future. Going through about 200 unmarked video tapes.

Tommy

Back