• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Larry King Wed 8-19 -Alien Abductions and UFOs

Show Pages - Larry King Live - CNN.com

Not sure who the guests are going to be, however I know that our favorite comedian debunker will make us laugh again I would assume.

I couldn't find the reference on the Larry King Live page? Was it there before? Could it be that they have again rescheduled the show? If anyone has any updated info please post it.

This is what it says on LKL page for tonight's show:

Source:
Show Pages - Larry King Live - CNN.com

Cosby's Fight for School Funding

Bill Cosby says public schools make the difference between success and failure in life for many children. Tonight, Bill Cosby and Gov. Ed Rendell team up to fight for school funding!

Plus, an exclusive with Elizabeth Edwards! She takes on Tommy Thompson in her first public debate on health care!

Tonight, 9 ET!

They must have rescheduled it. It was there earlier, plain as day. The poll had something to do with ETs as well.

Ok just received info from Angelia Joiner that "Nick Pope stated on facebook that the show is still for tonight".

I was just able also to found this. It seems it will be omnibus show (constructed of few different stories during the show like they something do) – just found this on Larry's official blog – it seems besides Bill Cosby and Elizabeth Edwards, UFO story will be about 4th MOD release of UFO files. In the text below:

Source: Tonight on Larry King Live (LKL Wednesday Discussion Thread) Larry King Live - CNN.com Blogs

August 19, 2009

Tonight on Larry King Live (LKL Wednesday Discussion Thread)

Posted: 04:18 PM ET

EXCLUSIVE! Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former presidential candidate John Edwards, speaks out on health care reform for the first time. She’s going head to head with former Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson. You won’t want to miss this heated debate.

PLUS: Bill Cosby! Why is he joining forces with Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell? He’ll tell Larry about his new cause.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST: The British government releases its records of UFO sightings. Were they misidentified aircraft or something more? That’s right folks, it’s going to be another one of those action-packed nights on Larry King Live!

Filed under: Edwards • Health • Larry King Live • UFO

It was on, James Fox, Seth Shostak and Nick Pope were on.

James Fox did a great job of making the case in that small amount of time, though a bit argumentative. He looked like he needed a drink however.

I'm so sick of how Larry King & his producers handle this subject,...the dismissive attitude and nonsensical video & pictures shown over the speakers is laughable, but I guess it does bring the subject and possible disclosure further into mainstream discussion.

Linkage:

It was on, James Fox, Seth Shostak and Nick Pope were on.

James Fox did a great job of making the case in that small amount of time, though a bit argumentative. He looked like he needed a drink however.

I need a drink (or 5) every time Larry does one of these shows. ::)
I'm glad Seth got his air time in, SETI probably needs some more funding.

So, "I Know What I Saw" will be on the History Channel in October?

That was actually one of the most coherent Larry King episodes of that nature I have ever seen. All three guests brought something to the table. I know a lot of people here hate Seth Shostak, but I support the work he does, and I think it's important. His attitude was quite good, but it also helped that he was discussing the topic with two men that aren't UFO nutters. Nick Pope and James Fox approach the topic in an intelligent way, so it's hard for anyone to disagree. Too bad the segment was so short and I find Larry King a little difficult to stomach.

That was actually one of the most coherent Larry King episodes of that nature I have ever seen. All three guests brought something to the table.

I have to agree. It just looked like Fox was so nervous that his mouth was dry and he had a hard time talking. And he really did seem to come ready to start a fight with Seth.

Larry even said that he was open-minded about the situation, so I don't think he is intentionally hurting the subject, just wants to keep his ratings up at the same time.

Seth actually said that he didn't completely discount the possibility, just that there was no solid proof. He didn't argue that there wasn't something going on. Has he ever been invited to The Paracast? I think he would make an interesting guest.

Back