• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Lanza,Vallee,Jung,McKenna,Fermi, & the UFO

SRL+

Paranormal Adept
Dr. Robert Lanza’s theory commonly referred to as Biocentrism states that the biological conscious observer actually creates the impression of all known matter in the visible universe*. Jungian theory connects the collective unconscious and the UFO phenomena with archetypal imagery. Vallee’s research suggests the phenomena appears to be a reinforced control system possibly guiding human consciousness in a direction of higher cosmic awareness. McKenna hypothesized paranormal phenomena may be induced by the “over mind” or the unconscious collectivity of the human species when confronted with its own self extinction. However McKenna also hypothesized that we may be sharing this planet with another intelligent species whose existence we are unaware of**. Is it possible that the phenomena behaves in such bizarre manners as to demand the observers attention for it’s (or our) own existence? Is the human collective unconscious perpetrating these truly bizarre and indelible experiences in a symbiotic way whereas the conscious and the collective unconscious are entangled and are unable to exist independently? If this were true could it be said that the collective unconscious is inherently, unwittingly superior and nudging humanity toward a higher state of conscious awareness in an attempt of balancing the two?.
If you take into consideration the “Fermi-Hart Paradox” stating that advanced alien civilizations should have contacted us by now and because they have not, in probability do not exist. Lanza’s theory states that we are alone in the universe because the universe in which we observe is “specific” to our linage of biological life. Lanza also theorizes that our universe evolves gradually through biological observation.
Could it be mankind’s yearning for “the other” which has followed it through the course of time and has manifested in the collective human unconscious, perhaps Jungian in nature? Is the UFO and paranormal phenomena “dynamic” one faceted part of that yearning? And as the two were balanced would the phenomena subside, or forever are we to be the pig coursing our way through the python?
* ( Any hypothesis in respect to multi dimensionality in Lanza’s theory is missing).
**( Lanza and Jung’s theories appear to clash with Vallee and McKenna when possible non- human, non-terrestrial consciousness is presented ).

Your ouroboros avatar is quite nice. :) If we look carefully into all the perspectives you mention in your post, we can detect a characteristic they have in common: they're all observer-centric. That, I think, is a good place to start since the human factor in UFO manifestations is often overlooked. Theories like the ETH place the whole focus of the question on outer space, often making us forget factors like the reliability of human memory or the transitions and overlapping between the conscious and unconscious minds. The main problem with a solely psychological explanation of the UFO problem is that it doesn't apply to cases where corroborating radar data or physical traces are collected. In a way, Jacques Vallée took Jung's work as a template and upgraded it in order to encompass those types of cases. His views/theories simultaneously contemplate the physical (the phenomenon as an artificial mechanism behind it) and the psychological (those "machines" seem to have been created to produce neurological effects on the percipients).

I agree with you in regard to the physical aspect of the phenomena. However if Lanza's theory were to hold up this could possibly mean that the collective unconscious has the ability to manifest physically as well. The reason I say this is because Lanza's view is that the biological conscious observer creates the impression of all visible matter in the universe. The dilemma is the fact that the UFO "craft" may have a multi dimensional aspect which doesn't coincide with Lanza's theory. If there is a multi dimensionality involved then Lanza would have to rethink or explain his theory in greater detail.

I agree with you in regard to the physical aspect of the phenomena. However if Lanza's theory were to hold up this could possibly mean that the collective unconscious has the ability to manifest physically as well. The problem I have is the fact that the UFO "craft" has a multi dimensional aspect which doesn't coincide with Lanza's theory.
Some parapsychological studies mention the possibility that some thought forms can assume a certain degree of materialization, making them visible both to the human eye and photographic cameras. I can also recall the tibetan concept of the tulpa, mentioned by John Keel in some of his works. The question is: can our unconscious produce radar echoes and leave physical traces like burnt vegetation or weight marks on the soil? Hardly so, but that shouldn't stop us from looking into the still unknown borders of the mind. Besides, efforts to conciliate various theories on this and other paranormal phenomena usually lead to fragile overarching and all-encompassing solutions that bring more doubts than actual answers (the skeptics have their field day with such postulations). :)

Some parapsychological studies mention the possibility that some thought forms can assume a certain degree of materialization, making them visible both to the human eye and photographic cameras. I can also recall the tibetan concept of the tulpa, mentioned by John Keel in some of his works. The question is: can our unconscious produce radar echoes and leave physical traces like burnt vegetation or weight marks on the soil? Hardly so, but that shouldn't stop us from looking into the still unknown borders of the mind. Besides, efforts to conciliate various theories on this and other paranormal phenomena usually lead to fragile overarching and all-encompassing solutions that bring more doubts than actual answers (the skeptics have their field day with such postulations). :)
...don't the skeptics already? I'm glad you like the reptile. I would like to invite you to listen to the interview with Robert Lanza. . This may be helpful in your understanding the physics of the phenomena discribed in laymans terms. However Mr. Bell rambles on for the first half of part one.

Back