• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Knock Three Times

Another thought-provoking and fun blog post. I always look forward to reading them. The best way to go about recording those forest sounds, would probably be to install hidden high-quality mics out there. That way you could collect weeks of data, without contaminating the audio with your own rustling around. And a Bigfoot might pass nearby since our human scent wouldn't drive them away. Perhaps you could transmit the signal via the cellular network, if the circuit was solar-powered. Or you could record to the device locally with a big lithium battery and then come get it after the charge is spent.

I saw some paranormal show where they placed infrared video cameras around the woods trying to get footage of something. But I think they only did it for like one night. Silly. You'd need a vast array of cameras all over the place for months if you want to get footage of something as elusive as this. But sounds travel nice and far, so it might be possible with enough effort and recording units to get complete audio coverage of an entire forest.

Last edited:
Back