1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/introducing-the-paracast/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!
    Dismiss Notice

July 1, 2018 — Kerry Trent Haggard with J. Randall Murphy

Discussion in 'The Question Bank' started by Gene Steinberg, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Forum Super Hero Staff Member

Forum Super Hero
    Home Page:
    I expected the episode to be mostly about a fictional work based on the Aurora, TX legend.

Not quite, as you'll see, although that story dominated the discussion.

Cohost J. Randall Murphy and I had a further discussion about it during this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

For more information about our subscription service, please check: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

2. wwkirk

wwkirk Paranormal Adept

I agree with you that Haggard is a bit naive. But considering his book is a work of fiction, thta's forgivable.
    I though the car discussion was appropriate as it pertains to his day job.

USI Calgary likes this.
  3. pigfarmer

pigfarmer Paranormal Adept

KTH: yeah, well then there's all that. Might be an interesting book which is what he's after. That and a movie deal.
    Actually, in 'this field' he could join in his convictedness with a skeptical-oid-ish podcast host and a person who has been a guest on this show who is very on about in mysterious disappearances as someone who has ran afoul of The Law in their zealous pursuit of The Truth. I would say 'consider the source.' To be fair he's not misrepresenting himself or the veracity of the story just the fact that it might make a good book.

Gene: you do seem to be the master of the weeds growing out by the left field fence. Amphicar indeed. Not trying to revive Click & Clack the Tappet Brothers.

Randall: KTH's interests are a generation before ours. About that MSD - I have found that my hip pockets are the best troubleshooting tool when I'm unsure of something. The distributor I referenced would very likely drop right into that 442. Beyond that it's fuel & spark.

USI Calgary likes this.
  4. USI Calgary

USI Calgary J. Randall Murphy Staff Member

Home Page:
    I think Gene's suggestion that Haggard's movie poster forgery racket would actually make a more lucrative script for film or television than the Aurora UFO story.
    For those wondering about the reference ...

Thanks for the tip. I knew how to deal with a distributor. But this MSD thing will take research I don't have the patience or time for right now and I can't afford to send it to a mechanic. Guess I better step-up my game a bit. It was actually fun talking about car stuff even if it was off topic. Then again we did a whole show on smells and the paranormal, so an episode on cars and the paranormal could be just as interesting. Then I could tell my story about the MIB in a K-Car ... :p

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    pigfarmer likes this.
  5. pigfarmer

pigfarmer Paranormal Adept

No reflection on KTH's ability to restore antiques but in those circles the difference between authentic and reproduction is a matter of where the comma goes in the sale price. Since I heard what sounded a lot like an unrepentant forger actually proud of his ability to create 'museum quality' pieces I would advise caution there. Don't know the man and he's no doubt kind to animals and the elderly - but be careful who you buy a used car from.

And to kill this, this is a 1969 C3 with the L-46 option. I thought he might recognize the reference but it's a different era. An obscure test no one cares about - including me. I will go back to the Corvette forum when I am feeling chatty about this.

upload_2018-7-3_6-34-50.jpeg

6. USI Calgary

USI Calgary J. Randall Murphy Staff Member

Home Page:
    Well put.
    A classic Stingray. Nice! However from what I've seen, the engineering in the newer ones is far superior. But still :cool: .