• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Jeff Peckman on Letterman

G

Gil Bavel

Jeff Peckman was on The Late Show just now.

He was treated with respect and grace by David Letterman, who asked good questions and did not make fun of him--and actually stopped the audience form making fun of him. Or laughing, anyway.

Peckman (Not Romanek) was able to get out, quite articulately, I should add, lots of good information about disclosure, why now is a good time, and that the media seems to be responding to a grassroots effort because the government won't leak a thing about the UFO/ET situation.

He spoke with confidence about the 400-some top secret cleared-witnesses that are willing to break their silence and go on the record about what they've seen, he spoke knowledgeably about the 4,000-some physical trace cases and in general provided a no-nonsense forum about Romanek's contact experiences and his documentation thereof.

The audience, for the most part, was polite, and although they expected Letterman to give them a laugh line throughout, he didn't, except to say that several decades ago, the word we would have used to describe Romanek would be "a nut".

But, he went right on, and asked Peckman if things had changed. And that's when he put his hand up, and stopped the audience from laughing.

This shows that Letterman really knows how to control an audience. He's a professional. He knows that people are waiting for a laugh, he's got great understanding of timing, and knows they need a release.

So at once, he gives it to them, and then instantly uses it as an event to make them take it seriously.

At that point, Peckman went on to describe Romanek's unusual ability to document his contact experiences (that most abductees seem not to be able to do), and went on to talk about the clean and free technologies that the benevolent aliens would be able to provide to us--and that did not elicit laughter.

At the end, he got great applause, and as they went to commercial--they tossed to a live feed of a restaurant that had a bunch of people dressed up as aliens waiting in line.

Another great use of control and timing by Letterman. Letterman said he would like to see a UFO or an alien. Peckman countered by saying that at some point, maybe sometime soon, there would have to be a delegation of scientists, politicians--and, artists, peoople that speak from the heart--like comedians--and asked if Letterman would be willing to participate in that delegation.

After the laughs subsided, Letterman paused and said, "Well, you know, I'm kind of tied up with tee-ball this summer". Which really got a good laugh. "But call me", he finished.

Now, I don't know if Peckman is for real, or more to the point, if Romanek is for real. But they've been on Larry King, and now Peckman's been on Letterman--who, by the way, showed a different frame from the video that Romanek shot, not the same one that has been released.

Letterman is the most powerful man in show business, after all.

I'd like to add that David Letterman knows a lot more about UFOs and aliens than he let on. During the conversation, Peckman mentioned wormholes, and Letterman, said, "Wormholes--what's that?". This gave Peckman an opportunity to talk authoritatively about real science, and how it could lead to space travel over vast distances, according to modern physics. Of course Letterman knew what a wormhole was--but he was using the opportunity to give Peckman the chance to fumble, or make a touchdown, and he made a touchdown.

And then he went on, now with credibility, about the contact experience, and the audience wasn't laughing.

So, I guess my point is, that if all this can be generated by one frame of video, one grainy, vague, hard-to-make-out frame--maybe things are better than we think for UFO disclosure.

After the Phoenix Lights, which were seen by thousands, and the O'Hare event, which got a lot of attention considering how few people actually seen to have seen it, people seem to be ready.

Not long ago, people on Coast to Coast AM used to drop deadlines and dates for contact. We collectively watched them whoosh by and some of us sniggered. In Japan, they've allocated a whole lot of money to creating a landing area complex for the visitors, and created an entire political party around the subject. Belgium, in 1989, brought out all their data about the huge black triangles flying circles around their jets aircraft. France declassified their UFO data a decade ago, and Britain recently followed suit. Brazil is trying, but the U.S. govt. seems to have a pretty large finger in that pie.

Worldwide, human beings are now acclimatized to the idea that not only are we not alone, but that the contact phenomenon may start ramping up in a serious way. An entire generation has grown up knowing what aliens look like.

Many people have been talking about the next administration as being the "disclosure presidency", especially when it was expected that Hillary was going to have a lock. Some still are. The Rockefeller Initiative has been making the rounds.

We seem as a people to be better able to separate the hoaxes from the "Hmm?"s.

I'd like to say, at least for myself, that I am a proud member of the Paracast community, who lead the way and ask the important questions. We are skeptical, we are curious, we are thoughtful, we are intelligent, we are humorous--we can even laugh at ourselves. But whatever does happen, is going to happen here. We are part of it.

I've said here before that the Paracast is the most important paranormal broadcast in the world. I get the impression from their replies that David and Gene thought that meant, "Oh, yeah, haha, best of the three".

Well, there's lots of paranormal broadcasting out there. Not including the FIVE Coast hosts, there's Lan Lamphere, and Don Ecker, and the Paranormal Podcast, and Mysterious Universe, and the Earthfiles podcast, and Dreamland, and Dwight Shcultz, lots and lots of local shows all over the country, there's Hieronymus and Co.--and that's not even just the ones that are current. We used to have Sightings, and Unsolved Mysteries, and big-time and prime-time TV shows. All over the world, there are radio and TV shows that bring in big ratings numbers about this subject.

So, guys--when I say it's the most important one, I'm not only being quite serious about ranking of the show atop a lot of others out there, but the discernment and quality of what goes into each and every episode--that's not something you can kick out every week, sprinkle some fairy dust on it and get quality programming.

When the Internet was first accessible by the average yahoo with a Mac and a 300-baud modem, UFOs were the hot topic. The first thing for people to look up, right after sex. We didn't have Google back then, in fact, I'm pretty sure those guys were in real short pants at the time.

The thing Gene and David have created here tough--the show, the forums, the community--is the zenith of the whole ball of wax. The right place at the right time.

We should all count ourselves very lucky that they're who they are, that they're here--and that they're willing to do what they do, and let us do what we do.

You guys are all very much appreciated. Thank you.

Whether it's Peckman and Romanek, or Greer and Bassett, or the next guys that come down the pike--the Paracast has it covered, and reliably, with no crap. I have yet to hear David or Gene say something in seriousness that I couldn't agree with.

We didn't have that before.

Gilbavel,

First off, I'd like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the Paracast.

Now, let's talk about the the debacle of Peckman on Letterman, which I watched. I'm not sure that we saw the same program.

Letterman treated the whole issue of aliens/ufos in the way I expected, which was to make it a laughable, comedic manner. The shtick with the folks dressed up as "aliens" in the Subway was a gag called "how many aliens fit in a Subway", and was done to get laughs, nothing else.

Peckman is looking to be in the limelight on a personal level, Letterman introduced him as a "ufo expert", which is a joke, as Romanek told us that Peckman is new to this topic, and knows precious little about it. Peckman parroted the nonsensical Clifford Stone claims of "the government having cataloged 57 species of alien lifeforms", which is delusional, and the look on Letterman's face signaled that he was trying not to burst out laughing. Peckman is talking for Romanek, which is pretty funny, as he said Romanek's name with a slight hesitation - it's all about Peckman, and he didn't want to take the spotlight off himself, even though he's never seen squat. Peckman only mentioned his interest in "New Age" stuff, he didn't bring up his Metatron Harmonizer BS. The audience was on relatively good behavior, but if you think that the majority of them were taking ANYTHING Peckman said seriously, I would strongly disagree.

Here's Peckman, he's on the Letterman show, would you think that if these bozos had a good chunk of footage, they would turn down the opportunity to expose it to MILLIONS OF PEOPLE if it were legitimate? Not a chance, they know the footage is weak, and don't want people to find this out until they shell out the cash for the DVD, which apparently, is not even in the works, as the supposed creator of the DVD, Clay Roberts, is not able to raise $$$ to create the damned thing. They've been studying the "evidence" for 4 years? I call bullshit on this, based on what I've researched in the past week, and the conversations I've had with just about all the players who are lurking behind the scenes.

Here's what I think: someone is helping Peckman get on these shows, in order to give this case serious media exposure, so that when it's all revealed to be nonsense at some point down the road, the car crash can be used to further harm the credible, paradoxical cases in the field. Even though I was kind to Romanek on the show, I personally don't believe most of what he's saying. The fact that they can't name a single researcher is indicative of the charade that Romanek and his handlers are engaged in, a nasty deception. I have lots of other reasons to suspect this, but in the end, Peckman did NO ONE a favor by taking his ridiculous stance on Letterman. He's looking for some limelight, and he might have gotten it, but at the expense of each and every one of us engaged in an honest, intelligent quest for some understanding.

Again, thanks so much for the kind comments about our show, we truly appreciate it.

dB

David Biedny said:
The fact that they can't name a single researcher is indicative of the charade that Romanek and his handlers are engaged in, a nasty deception.

It does have that Horn-esque ring, doesn't it?

"We've had it analyzed by experts!" Uhuh... which ones.

It'll probably end up the same way too, either the experts will turn out to be lacking expertise or will completely deny/contradict the claims of Peckman et al.

That said, I feel that maybe something opposite to what you feel may be happening, David. You say this may be to ultimately add another layer to the ridicule-and-denial cake we've been eating since bluebook. To me this has more of a "trial balloon" feeling. Not only to measure if the public still laughs at this sort of thing but how hard and how sincerely they laugh. Something to offset the whole "disclosure" push, a checking of the pulse to see if we really ARE ready for this sort of reality adjustment. Clearly, we aren't.

I completely agree with gilbavels assessment of the Paracast and its importance. Compared to other media on the subject that Ive been exposed to NOTHING even comes close. I crave the intelligent discourse that the you guys in the Paracast provide.

The fact that Ive listened around 20hrs of Paracast in the last couple weeks in testament to that.

Thanks, GSB... I 'preciate the support. I really like your avatar; it's like Pikachu just ate Atom Ant and has a Dustbuster in his hand...

I didn't realize that the Paracast had interviewed Romanek until after I started this thread--and after I listened to it today, I don't think I would have changed anything in my post.

David, thanks for your reply and input on this case. I will stick by your bullshit meter--not that mine doesn't work, but you certainly have more experience than I with Photoshop and video--although when I listened to the 3-hour bar-atmosphere Paracast (warning:explicit) I recognized a lot of terms from my Amiga days... Genlock, Targa, etc. It was nice to not have to be explained to what those terms meant. I'd like to hear a lot more 3-hour sessions from conferences like that. Hearing personal hero (and fellow Amiga user) Bruce Macabee sit down and have a chat for a spell was pretty dang cool! One thing I can agree with GSB on is that you guys give us the benefit of the doubt that we're at least intermediate level, and we don't need to start out every frickin' session with Ghost Rockets, Foo Fighters and Roswell.

I always enjoy listening to the Ritz-Man on the Paracast, and today gave me some settling back into the middle-ground after gulping down five hours of back-listening of the Paracast.

Since we've done some talking recently about Karla Turner, I wanted to share these images from my scrapbook--she would definitely be a good candidate for a Paracast guest were she still alive--and many people here seem to not only know who she is, but are familiar enough with her work to point us toward web resources that keep her memory close. She was on the ball, sharp as a tack, and an everywoman--she wasn't distant like LMH, or "too expensive" like other female lecturers would be for an average UFO promoter like me to get (in fact, she bugged me incessantly about bringing her here to my hometown of Lawrence, KS--where KU just won this year's NCAA basketball championship--to do a lecture, and I never got around to it, sadly).

She was very down-to-Earth, and I am really lucky to have been able to have counted her among my friends.

So, here are a few images I'd like to share.

I have a photo I took of her and James Goodall at the Lincoln, NE Fortean convention, her business card, and an innocuous (not personal) Christmas note from her to me shortly before she died.

[attachment=147][attachment=148][attachment=150]

Attachments

• Karla Turner James Goddall.jpg
    Karla Turner James Goddall.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Karla Turner personal note.jpg
    Karla Turner personal note.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Karla Turner business card.jpg
    Karla Turner business card.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 12
The extraterrestrial subject has come up at least one other time on The Late Show. When Dan Ackroyd was a guest one night, he held up a Timothy Good book, praised its author, and remarked that UFOs are an important topic.

I am reading Good's Above Top Secret right now, and it is a remarkable book. It certainly proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that we are being visited by UFOs, and just by the sheer volume of excellent cases, would be enough to convince any reasonable person that read it that just because they haven't seen one themselves doesn't mean they don't exist.

We had Good on the show, and he was a pretty good guest, but in Vallee's book Revelations - Alien Contact and Human Deception, he makes the point that Good was most likely handed all sorts of disinfo from questionable sources. I have Good's book, and generally enjoy it, but the truth is that I place a great deal of weight on Vallee's thoughts and theories. That Ackroyd places great faith in Good is not very significant, he has already displayed questionably critical thinking skills in having worked with asshat David Sereda, one of the loonier wackjobs in the bin. If you want clear proof that something is genuinely going on, you're better off with Rich Dolan's UFOs and the National Security State, which is superior in every way to Good's book, IMO.

dB

David Biedny said:
We had Good on the show, and he was a pretty good guest, but in Vallee's book Revelations - Alien Contact and Human Deception, he makes the point that Good was most likely handed all sorts of disinfo from questionable sources. I have Good's book, and generally enjoy it, but the truth is that I place a great deal of weight on Vallee's thoughts and theories. That Ackroyd places great faith in Good is not very significant, he has already displayed questionably critical thinking skills in having worked with asshat David Sereda, one of the loonier wackjobs in the bin. If you want clear proof that something is genuinely going on, you're better off with Rich Dolan's UFOs and the National Security State, which is superior in every way to Good's book, IMO.

dB

I don't know about Vallee's disinfo claims on Good--I have read some of the reports I've seen so far (I'm about half way through) in ATS elsewhere, and Good seems to exercise great use of end notes to back up his sources (again, I haven't finished the book, so I haven't gotten to the end notes yet), so it seems thorough.

I do know that among British UFOlogists (that's pronounced U-fologists, btw, not U-F-Ologists), Good is considered pretty top-notch. He doesn't seem to me to be the kind of researcher to take anybody's word for gospel.

Although--ATS was his first book.

Ackroyd simply used his celebrity to promote his interest in the paranormal (he was into the paranormal long before he thought up Ghostbusters), and he dropped Sereda like a hot rock when Sereda turned out to be a loony (I told you Sereda was a loony!).

I am looking forward to Dolan's book, in fact, the entire trilogy in time. He seems to me to be a good critical thinker, and among the best UFO researchers in the American bunch, especially for his age.

David,
I don't know much about David Sereda except from what I have heard on the paracast which isn't good. What has he done/said that makes him a nutjob?

Ally said:
David,
I don't know much about David Sereda except from what I have heard on the paracast which isn't good. What has he done/said that makes him a nutjob?

This guy is a complete idiot. You can find more information on him at the link:

http://www.fromheretoandromeda.com/

Actually, I happened to see his movie From Here to Andromeda before I knew anything about him and this was enough to make me come to the conclusion that he represents the worst that the UFO community has to show today. His plan is to create a spaceship and travel to Andromeda before Earth's environment gets destroyed using alien technology. I wish he achieves his goal as soon as possible so that we do not have to see him again.

I tried to watch From Here To Andromeda, and I made it about a half hour in before I decided that Serada's very weird. I couldn't watch the rest. Any information that would have been channelled through it was tainted.

I bet he has been to a few conferences and I was spared, thank 'insert entity", from having a three hour conversation with him.

Scott Story said:
I tried to watch From Here To Andromeda, and I made it about a half hour in before I decided that Serada's very weird. I couldn't watch the rest. Any information that would have been channelled through it was tainted.

I'm weird. He's a deluded, egotistical, dipshit on crack that was farted out of a heroine addict after 90 yrs of pcp. Or something like that.

Ally said:
David,

Gil here--

Apparently, Sereda, his hippy-dippy California girlfriend and her dog are going to Andromeda! This is based, of course, on major science by Boyd Bushman, who is the master of dodging questions. Backed in full by Dan Ackroyd, David Sereda pushed a "documentary" in four parts, and leaked the "science" segments in advance, which were the parts he had interviewed Boyd Bushman for.

Everything else in the 'documentary' was Sereda and his girlfriend (and her dog) running around, getting ready to go "From Here to Andromeda".

If you ever get a chance to see it--DON'T.

OK I am starting to get the picture of how deranged this guy is. I don't plan on checking out his DVD either. What a waste of four hours.

Im a little confused... I recently watched "Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs" and also listened to Sereda on the show (pimping Aykroyd)...

So admittedly Im not up to date on his lunacy but back in 06 he sounded entirely respectable. I take it he never came back to the Paracast to discuss his apparent propulsion ideas?

I wonder what happened?

Ally said:
OK I am starting to get the picture of how deranged this guy is. I don't plan on checking out his DVD either. What a waste of four hours.

David has some e-mail exchanges between he and Sereda. Anyone recall the thread? Anyway, read some of that and Royce's stuff from UFOwatchdog site for some big :eek:s If sereda was a little older I'd think he was the inspiration for the Coneheads.

I watched a video of Sereda going into his ideas of something or other (possibly how to create spirally patterns on blackboards??) about a year ago, and to tell you the truth it could have been the longest couple of hours I've spent watching things on Youtube/Google video.

If I do come across his Andromeda film (does he really know how far the Andromeda galaxy is from this here planet?? ... and we're not talking a days journey at warp speed nine or whatever ... we're talking serious time vortex tardis type travel here), I might accidentally go past it and instead watch a dog on a skateboard or kids trying to kill each other by surfing on the top of moving cars.

Actually ... i might be coming with you Mr Sereda ... is there enough room??

Oh and does anyone else think that he looks like David Byrne out of Talking Heads :p

schtick thinks: Ahhh ... time to do some rather cool twitchy dancing methinks :D

The Andromeda movie is on Youtube in full.

In it, he wakes his girlfriend up, and he goes manic explaining that a ghost was hovering over her in his dreams, and the that ghost was telling him things. Then, he gets on the computer, and the first thing he sees is about Andromeda, so whip-de-do, he connects that the ghost was telling him that they will be flying to a new home on a nice planet in Andromeda.

Seriously, this dudes filter between his imagination and fantasy has shorted out.

Plus, the movie is full of artsy film cuts and lots overly done footage. It was amazing I made it 20 minutes into it.

Back