• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+! For a low subscription fee, you will receive access to an ad-free version of The Paracast, the exclusive After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, plus show transcripts, the new Paracast+ Video Channel, Classic Episodes and Special Features categories! We now offer lifetime memberships! You can subscribe via this direct link:
    https://www.theparacast.com/plus/

The Official Paracast Store is back! Check out our latest lineup of customized stuff at: The Official Paracast Store!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

January 6, 2019 — Yovav Gad

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
Sometimes a guest will surprise us in a positive way, sometimes the surprise is disappointing, and sometimes the surprise is something that we couldn't possibly expect.

I'll let the listener decide in which category this episode fits.

Randall and I also talk about it more on this weekend's episode of After The Paracast, an exclusive feature of The Paracast+.

For more details on our subscription service, please visit: Introducing The Paracast+ | The Paracast — The Gold Standard of Paranormal Radio

DavidVincent

Skilled Investigator
I signed up recently to find out what was happening these days in the world of ufology. I used to be interested 20 years ago then lost interest, To The Stars Academy made me curious again.
But I have to say that this interview is probably the worst ufo interview experience that I’ve ever endured. Who was this clueless faltering guy?? He was hopeless, boring and had absolutely nothing of substance to say really - did he? A few immature speculations at best. This is NOT research. I think you guys found it excruciating hard to fill in the time allotted - it seemed that you were desperately scrambling to find any subject to draw him out on, let alone ufo’s.
Did you not speak to him for five minutes before engaging him as a guest??
Is this truly the current state of ufo research ??
Before signing up I listened to the previous show with Jan Harzan, supposedly a top MUFON guy - but even there I had my doubts ... much of that interview was just pure speculation upon speculation.
Has there really been no tangible research progress on this subject over the last 20 years??
Who are the top truly scientific researchers now ? Are there any? If so can please here from them??

wwkirk

Paranormal Adept
I agree with DavidVincent that Yovav is clueless. He didn't even know what To The Stars Academy is, which practically disqualifies him as a ufologist.

As for coding his own website, that looks to have been a mistake. His website stinks! If he had gone with ready made platforms he could have customzed it without putting in so much effort.

DavidVincent

Skilled Investigator
Ok I’ve since taken a look at that website and I’m sorry but, not to put a finer word to it, it’s shit. Am I missing something here?? I’ve been out in the ufo wilderness for a long time now, but to my mind this can’t be considered research/progress - really?? I seems to be patchwork of stories taken from the internet (some pretty damn whacky) interspersed with article postings by this one guy who has absolutely no creditials or first hand experience. How does this advance the field in any way?
Can somebody please tell me where the modern day equivalents of Vallee and Hynek are? Surely we want to hear from the ufological equivalent of giants not pygmies ?? Are there any?

GlitteringBadger

Skilled Investigator
I’m 20 minutes in. Will Gene be saying anything or is Randall doing all the heavy lifting with this guy?

So far, man, Randall, you may be the hardest working man in paranormal radio carrying this interview!

DavidVincent

Skilled Investigator
This To The Stars Academy seems to have fizzled out somewhat too. How depressing. I also thought it was kind of quiet in here, even for a Sunday. Or are chat-rooms now passe too like AOL and dial-up? Is all the action and debate now over on Paracast's FaceBook or Twitter rooms?

DavidVincent

Skilled Investigator
Hello - it’s a bit disturbing to all of hear this, I’ll take a look for sure. But thanks anyway for the links to the other sites as I really would like to get up to speed after being away from it all for so long.

DavidVincent

Skilled Investigator
PS - I must admit that the ads were truly dire and extremely frequent but I soon got to forwarding past those, although so far the content hasn’t been worth the effort. I’ll see how it goes next week, hopefully they’ll be a more worthy guest.
But I imagine that any site, even if run as a hobby, must have certain ongoing expenses that need to be recovered and ads are maybe a necessary annoyance to put up with. Do all those other sites run similar ads?

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
I signed up recently to find out what was happening these days in the world of ufology ...
Thanks for the comments. Like I say someplace on one of the shows: The reason I felt like inviting Yovav onto the show is because the spirit of what he's doing is constructive, and he actually did it. Plus I like the idea of interviewing people who aren't necessarily on the A List UFO lecture circuit, including people from our forum. I also like to have a positive influence on the field, and this was an opportunity to help someone out at a fairly early stage in the development of their project, and then see how it evolves over time.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Ok I’ve since taken a look at that website and I’m sorry but, not to put a finer word to it, it’s shit. Am I missing something here?? I’ve been out in the ufo wilderness for a long time now, but to my mind this can’t be considered research/progress - really?? I seems to be patchwork of stories taken from the internet (some pretty damn whacky) interspersed with article postings by this one guy who has absolutely no creditials or first hand experience. How does this advance the field in any way?
Can somebody please tell me where the modern day equivalents of Vallee and Hynek are? Surely we want to hear from the ufological equivalent of giants not pygmies ?? Are there any?
I think your viewpoint fails to take into account that there are more positive ways to look at the situation. If someone has something to contribute, then people are free to go there and do so. This means the quality of the content is up to the contributors. So if the ufology community doesn't utilize it as a resource and contribute to it in a positive way, who have they really got to blame? Not Yovav. He seems to have done his level best to provide a free platform for reporting.

USI Calgary

J. Randall Murphy
Staff member
Maybe it's time to retreat back into that ufological wilderness once more and check back in another 20 years or so?
I'd like to hear more about your history. You sound like an interesting character, and your handle "David Vincent" is a classic. Also I'd like you to know it's not all doom and gloom in ufology, and encourage you to be part of that by attempting to be a little more balanced in your comments. If you see a problem or are in some way disappointed, then think of a way to improve it or help improve it yourself. Find something good in it. I did, so it can't be all that hard.