• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Rick Deckard

Paranormal Maven
Jeez, WTF is wrong with everyone?

I sorta guessed 'the end' was coming but I was hoping for a little less negativity.

It's a good job we can't do each other physical harm through a net connection - there'd be bloodshed all round judging by comments in other threads...

Are we to put the last few nails in this 'UFO community' coffin?

Time to close the forum, guys?

geez rick, i have never seen a more thin skinned person.

i am going to guess that this is your first experience with an online forum?

this forum is great. it is one of the best. you need negativity to stir the pot a little. relax, grow a couple big ones and keep posting.

OK, sounds like Pixel is all for closing the forums as well.

Anyone else want to vote? That's three for shutting this all down, none for keeping it going.

Cool.

I know I'm new here but I vote to close the forums, kill the show, backcharge David and Gene for every second I've spent listening to it, at double the current rate plus interest, and lastly have some alien mind scrubbers come in and wipe all traces of it's memory from everyone's minds.

8)

Isn't rigorous debate what the forum is for?

I haven't seen the "bloodshed" Rick is talking about. Where and/or when is it happening?

David, don't even joke about shutting down the show.

wtf? i never said i agreed to shutting down this forum! not in a million years.

i do agree we need negativity to stir the pot. we cant all agree on everything posted or we would all be washing BM's feet with our hair.

I musta put too many people on my ignore and missed out on some hell that broke loose..... Oh well, another mystery in the pile I guess.

Take care David. If you stay involved in the paranormal, or get back involved in the future, I hope I bump into you on the net again.

I might go back to ufo updates (big might) or to ATS.

This isn't an entry, but an outry I guess.

Gene please block David from his admin privileges. The world needs this forum and The Paracast.

YAY!!!
David will most likely try to Remote View his previous privileges so watch out for him.

I vote for shutting down the forum and the show . . . on alternating weeks. Each time a show comes out the forum goes down for a week. Each time the forum is back up, no show for the week.

Gives Gene and Dave time to focus on one or the other.
:p

-DBTrek
[BTW A. LeClair, I have no idea what RD is talking about either.]

pixelsmith said:
geez rick, i have never seen a more thin skinned person.

i am going to guess that this is your first experience with an online forum?

this forum is great. it is one of the best. you need negativity to stir the pot a little. relax, grow a couple big ones and keep posting.

Nah - I don't mean me, I had my sulk a few weeks ago.

I ran a Blade Runner forum @ bladezone.com for five years - people were civil to each other and we had a great community spirit. I don't find that here.

much different dynamics here. this is real world stuff. but i guess being you are a replicant you wouldnt understand. LOL.

the big problem with forums is the lack of tonal inflections. it is hard to know when someone is being sarcastic or jazzing someone.

pixelsmith said:
the big problem with forums is the lack of tonal inflections. it is hard to know when someone is being sarcastic or jazzing someone.

We should encourage the use of opening/closing markup...

[sarcasm]
The most authentic UFO contact case ever recorded involves a one-armed Swiss farmer...
[/sarcasm]

Back