• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

It seems that the dark knight's joker was a man ahead of his time

Wade

FeralNormal master
Every single day of my life I find myself repulsed and amazed over the special kind of insanity that makes suicidal bombers possible. Only a mentally deficient person, incapable of determining fantasy from reality would blow themselves up with the express purpose of killing innocent bystanders to make a statement or to terrorize the living into meeting the demands of the now dead bomber. It is insanity plain and simple. The real threats are the people who can convince others that suicide bombing is a thing to do.

Every single day of my life I find myself repulsed and amazed over the special kind of insanity that makes suicidal bombers possible. Only a mentally deficient person, incapable of determining fantasy from reality would blow themselves up with the express purpose of killing innocent bystanders to make a statement or to terrorize the living into meeting the demands of the now dead bomber. It is insanity plain and simple. The real threats are the people who can convince others that suicide bombing is a thing to do.

And that is the truth plain and simple.
But without igniting a religious debate it is of no surprise that the mentally deficient overwhelmingly tend to be fundamentalist religious types.

And that is the truth plain and simple.

The act of suicide used as an act of violence and viewed as a military tactic is insane and requires someone with serious cognitive and psychological problems to act as the bomb. There are groups that are taking advantage of people who through whatever circumstances have arrived at such a desperate mental state that blowing themselves up to kill women and children is acceptable. I really do not feel that the true perpetrators are particularly religious themselves as much as they use religion and the religious beliefs of others to the advance their own agendas.

all to true t.o., as I have mentioned in previous posts I am not a particularly religious person, but I am still offended when people use religion to justify or condemn a person's actions. religion is a convenient whipping boy. if religion had never existed we would find a myriad of reasons to commit crimes against one another

The act of suicide used as an act of violence and viewed as a military tactic is insane and requires someone with serious cognitive and psychological problems to act as the bomb. There are groups that are taking advantage of people who through whatever circumstances have arrived at such a desperate mental state that blowing themselves up to kill women and children is acceptable. I really do not feel that the true perpetrators are particularly religious themselves as much as they use religion and the religious beliefs of others to the advance their own agendas.

But again a very astute point.
Those who seek power and control will use anything possible and twist it to their own ends this is true, and religion tends to be very easy to use in such a manner.
From a personal point of view having traveled to some nasty little spots on this planet I can understand (certainly not relate) as to why people get to the point that blowing themselves up seems the best option. There is a desperation in there eyes that when you see it it is chilling.. or worse an empty resigned look very much like the thousand yard stare which is frighting when it is a ten year old kid you see with it.

But the use of women and children for these tasks (bombing) makes me absolutely sick as if the the idea of talking your own people into blowing themselves up was not sick enough.

There's a scene in The Hurt Locker that deals with an attempt to surgically implant an IED into the body of a boy one of the main characters got to know.

It's a great movie.

The “auction” in question bears very little context, but a few disturbing details should suffice to explain it. We know that the young man being offered up for auction is quite literally being offered up as a suicide bomber – a “martyr” or “sacrifice” for Islam. As to why he’s being auctioned off, this event is sort of a twisted charity auction to compensate the father for his loss. That’s right – this man is literally selling his son’s life in order to get money to live off of.
Video Shows Saudi Arabian Man Sold As Suicide Bomber at Auction By His Own Father | Video | TheBlaze.com

How does a society get so depraved? These are those that would condemn western decadence with such piety?

This is a tricky question if we stand back and look at it with dispassionate eyes:

We view the way we live no matter where we live as the right way due to our socialization from child hood (this is self evident). Religion is not the cause of these social norms or values but simply an outgrowth or aberration in most cases that tends to use the society for its own agenda.. (I see it like a parasite to be honest).
So if we were in the place of the people selling the child as a bomber how would we then perceive it?

It is an open question and far from easy or quick to answer.

PS: I do not condone violence of any form just so no one gets the wrong idea.

Back