• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is there a way an Apple iPad can txt to a non Apple device?

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
I've consistently owned Apple products since the early 80's - yet, I am no expert. Is there a way one can send and receive texts on an iPad (wifi only) to a non Apple device such as a Samsung phone? If there is a way, please explain like I'm 5 yrs old so I can follow the steps. Thanks guys :)

You can do it with an iPhone, since it uses the standard SMS system. With an iPad, it would have to be done in some sort of messaging app, such as Facebook or even Skype.

Ok, thank you for the info. My two young daughters each have iPad mini's but they're frustrated that they can't text their friends that have Samsung phones :/

When they are old enough to have smartphones, or if you choose to get them smartphones, they can text using the cellular system.

When they are old enough to have smartphones, or if you choose to get them smartphones, they can text using the cellular system.
Ok great. They both ask me often (they are 7 & 9). Seems like a lot of their friends already have phones. They do txt family & friends that are on Apple devices now. But I'm kind of glad they are limited. They keep asking when they can get their own phones and I say "Probably when you like 16...."

I use an app for messaging called "whatsapp" on my android phone, my understanding is that it can be installed on an ipad too:

Here's how to use WhatsApp Web on your iPad

I Don't own an ipad, so I can't tell you that it definitely works.

If you use wifi to send the messages it is totally free. And you can send and receive messages to and from any device that has "whatsapp" installed on it.

Yes, there are lots of messaging apps to choose from. But the person at the other end of the connection has to have the same app.

Back