• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is Jacques Vallee Is A Satanist?

BoyintheMachine

Paranormal Maven
Oops, sorry for the poor grammar in the title. Okay, I think this may be my first thread here but this info came as such a shocker I thought I would post it. I am just now getting around to reading The Satanic Bible. I wanted to originally read it back circa 1990 but the fear factor kicked in and I guess I wasn't ready then. So now I'm ready and started reading it. The newer copies have an intro by the current high priest of the Church of Satan, Peter Gilmore. In the intro Gilmore mentions that Ufologist Jacques Vallee was a close associate of LaVey. So....is Valle a Satanist? I would definitely be interested in someone asking him about this in any future interviews.

This is the first time I have ever heard of this, Boy. So Vallee knew Anton LaVey? I tried to interview Vallee back in the early 90's on a number of occasions but could never get him to come on my show. (Actually I am sure he was pissed off at me for a review I wrote.) But at the time he was high profile and living in San Francisco so I would not be surprised if he knew LaVey. This is very interesting, thanks for mentioning it.

Decker

Here they are hanging out together:

862161317_70d93b57a0_o.gif

(from : The Terrible Truth)

wow, not sure what to make of this. In some regards, his faith or indeed, mere acquaintances are irrelevant to his research but it inevitably must colour some aspect of it. Might just be a case of when you're heavily involved in researching esoteric fields, you tend to bump into people with eccentric interests ? That was an interesting find though ...

Apparently the Church of Satan's highest power is still the almighty $. To quote: "The Church of Satan does not solicit membership. Those who wish to affiliate can become a Registered Member for a one-time registration fee of two hundred dollars ($200) in United States currency." Also their website doesn't seem to acknowledge Satan as the entity or character commonly depicted by Judeo Christianity. It all seems about as serious as those to dress-up and pretend to be Romans or Vampires or Romulans or Klingons ... whatever.

Oops, sorry for the poor grammar in the title. Okay, I think this may be my first thread here but this info came as such a shocker I thought I would post it. I am just now getting around to reading The Satanic Bible. I wanted to originally read it back circa 1990 but the fear factor kicked in and I guess I wasn't ready then. So now I'm ready and started reading it. The newer copies have an intro by the current high priest of the Church of Satan, Peter Gilmore. In the intro Gilmore mentions that Ufologist Jacques Vallee was a close associate of LaVey. So....is Valle a Satanist? I would definitely be interested in someone asking him about this in any future interviews.
Vallee checked out TCOS and other fringe belief groups while researching Messengers of Deception. Is he a satanist? Doubtful, but LaVey also was Michael Aquino's brother-in-law and Vallee also was probably interested in Aquino's role inside the military/spec ops crowd.

Satanists get all the girls. You know what kind of talent LaVey could pull in those days? I bet Vallee was dating his leftovers....just sayin'.

While there could be a magonia connection to entities, and a lavey connection to them, and even a Crowley connection, I have a hard time reconciling Vallee with any strongly set beliefs such as those put forth by any church. His writing seemed more broad minded, in which 'occult' forces might exist without his direct involvement in any worship.

At the time period of LaVey's heyday all the 'cool' non-conformist thinkers and social critic club swingers were all checking out TCOS. It was the right esoteric thing to do and demonstrated your personal belief in yourself and your own will to power skills. Satanism is about individual independence as opposed to relying on 'faith.' You can see how Vallee would be attracted to such a space.

If you recall, 'B' movie actress Jayne Mansfield was a supposed member of LaVey's church and was a lover of his as well.

Odd and eclectic people have a way of rubbing elbows with characters from all walks of life. Vallee obviously has an unconventional side to match his intellectual precocity. It would hardly be the first recorded instance of such paired characteristics.

Back