• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Is Bassett a reptilian? / +Show thoughts.

D4rkRain

Paranormal Novice
I personally found the latest show, as with all the others, very essential, very informative and highly interesting. But i have to stress i am firmly in David's camp in the fact that i am becoming a bit concerned with not only the sanity of the non-credible people in this field but also the people who are at the forefront of it and who therfore have major influence in the direction that the field is taken and and how it is perceived by the general public.
I think everyone in this field could do a lot worse than to step back for a moment and take a breather, take stock of the situation for a second because everyone in the melting pot is just going insane and are becoming so hell bent on their personal agendas that it is making having any reasonable discussions that actually work towards shedding some light on the real issues impossible.
I take Stephen Bassett's point that he is focused on the bigger picture and all exposure by people at his conferences equals pressure on the government and all pressure is good pressure and thats fine but he couldn't accept David's point that if he were to filter the non-credible people out of the equation it would make everything alot easier and he may get to his goals faster. He just seemed to take it as a personal attack wish i thought was very saddening. I think this defensive, ego trait is a major flaw of people in general.
I found the breakdown by Bassett quite an eye opener and could have sworn he was changing into a reptilian. Apart from some questionable speaker choices he seems to be doing a very good job and has undeniable passion. But i can't help feeling the real credible people seem to be dropping like flies and i can see why David is getting tired of the field.
If we were to approach this whole subject sensibly without all the noise and work together we would achieve alot more. We need small groups of intelligence not a large mess of stupidity. Thats why i applaud David and Gene for their great work on the Paracast. It is without doubt the best show of its kind in the world on the most important subject of our time.
The first time i listended to the show i must admit i didn't get it as i hadn't heard anything like it before. I was used to getting fed rubbish by shows that take everything as the truth and i remember writing an angry email which i regret but i had been brainwashed if you like by the noise so again i apologise for this.

Please keep up the great work guys.
Anyone else have any thoughts?

P.S was that my idea for the t-shirts?

I also think David should write that list of non-credible that S.Bassett mentioned and stick it up at all the conventions. He should also put the reason why they are not credible.
For instance:
Dr Greer - Thinks dreams are an alternate universe and belives in meditating to space fairies.
The one armed Austrian bandit - Engineers a cult on the basis of plastic models. etc etc.

I also think David should write that list of non-credible that S.Bassett mentioned and stick it up at all the conventions. He should also put the reason why they are not credible.
For instance:
Dr Greer - Thinks dreams are an alternate universe and belives in meditating to space fairies.
The one armed Austrian bandit - Engineers a cult on the basis of plastic models. etc etc.

The list of non credible would take about 1 year just to write then you have to catch up for all the uncredibles that surfaced while you were writing it.

How many page book do we need.

The list of non credible would take about 1 year just to write then you have to catch up for all the uncredibles that surfaced while you were writing it.

How many page book do we need.

Forget about the obscure ones. Just catalog the 50 or so charlatans that keep popping up as "experts" on TV. You can start with Bill Birnes.

Bill Birnes -- Tells people he has met for less than an hour that they are a human-alien hybrid. Also, promotes infotainment in spite of solid research.

In fact, I am sure that we could all put the list together and send it to Bassett. Then, when he ignores the list, we can add him to it for precisely that reason.

A shit list will still attract flies.

The Meier case has been proven time and time again to be bogus, yet there's still followers. Look at Christianity. If science can't kill religion, The Paracast won't be able to stop Kool-Aid drinkers. Fun to try though. But it's as Stanton Friedman once said, "I'm seeking to convince the healthy agnostic". Believers and disbelievers don't care about facts, making sense, or intelligence. But a shit list (or site like Watchdog) is good for those more intelligent people who are seeking more info.

even Greer was highly regarded here at one time. this goes to show how quickly things can change in this field.

actually the gestalt of doing something concrete and postive, instead of the usual bickering and sniping has much merit

Bassett's not a reptilian. He's just a twerp.

Guilty secret: while I don't agree with Greer about dreams being an alternate universe, I have often had dreams which are internally consistent from instance to another and come with a complete set of fake memories. My working hypothesis is that it's either "One Of Those Things", or that the sleeping mind can pick up thoughts that leak from others (irrespective of time or place) and which we cannot distinguish from our own (something like that's also my preferred explanation for apparent reincarnation)

There were a couple times when Bassett's voice changed a lot. When he got pissed off , it seemed to go into "Exorcist" territory . Anyone else notice this.

Basically my take on the guy is that he needs to eat some ice-cream. He needs to have a couple of beers with some friends at his local pub on Friday night and just talk about football etc. Go see a band somewhere.
He is wasting his life on this topic.
All I heard was a hurt, lonely man.

David and Gene did it well to calm throughout. well done lads.

At one time I thought Bassett seemed to be reasonable and intelligent, but after this last episode of The Paracast, that belief as undergone some revision. First of all, his response to David's perfectly reasonable question was completely out of line. His inability to control his anger to the point of becoming unintelligeable is a red flag. Also his inability to understand the logic behind being more discerning of who he has as guests for his conferences and why it would behoove him to choose better is of concern. Has anyone guessed that maybe it is because of this lack of judgement that he is unable make any significant headway as far as disclosure goes? It makes perfect sense to me.

Still got 50 mins left of the Bassett show to go, but so far, David's been making some REALLY valid points about why disclosure hasn't/may not happen.

I agree wholeheartedly that maybe the government hasn't/doesn't release any knowledge of UFO's etc to the world is maybe if they did have such, that it's just too advanced a technology and since they can't figure out what it is/how to use it, etc.

You think they want to admit THAT fact to the world?

Play with this for a moment: They release the info in a Press conference on CNN:

'We want to inform you that extraterrestials and ET-based UFO's DO exist. We do not know anything about it, though, as it is too advanced for our top scientists to figure it out. But don't worry, they are friendly! Do you have any questions?

Reporter: How do you know all these ET's are friendly? What if they are not, or an another unfriendly race were to make its intentions known to us?

Answer: We'd be up shit's creek. But don't worry, they're friendly! :rolleyes: (or perhaps they'd lie and say: 'We can protect and defend ourselves') ??

See? LOL!

I think not! Talk about chaos!

Onto Bassett: He does not sound like a very educated person in MOST of his answers, imho. Edited to add: Ok, I finished listening to the show now. While Bassett had some interesting tidbits, it didn't really shed much light in other topics. But definitely an interesting show!

Dont you people know that Bassett isnt a reptilian, hes a Space Giraffe and also a Timelord. He came back in time to invent Salsa, disclose UFOs, and marry his sweetheart The Cubacabra, DUHHHH...

Bassett's claim that ALL (I repeat ALL!) of the false information that we have on the subject of UFOs is the fault of the government is absolutely preposterous. How can he say this and then create a line up of speakers like he has for this conference of his? It's completely hypocritical.

Forgive me for forgetting the person's name, but allowing the person who says the towers were brought down by an alien laser array to speak is just nuts. By Bassett's own definition then, this person is a government plant who is spreading disinformation.

Did anyone else catch him completely contradicting himself? I was crossing my fingers the whole time that Gene or David would have called him out on this, but it didn't happen.

Did anyone else catch him completely contradicting himself? I was crossing my fingers the whole time that Gene or David would have called him out on this, but it didn't happen.

No need to call him out on anything - we gave him the rope, and he hanged himself just fine, without any help. :cool: I don't think we'll be inviting him back on this show again, he's shown himself to be a total fucking tool.

dB

It is a waste of time to target the kool-aid drinkers. I think the emphasis should be on getting the word out to the general public as to who is credible and who isn't. And come to think of it, maybe it's time for Gene and David to put themselves out there in/on the mainstream media when there are shows and articles dealing with thisarea. They could raise the bar. (although David might take that bar and beat someone like Bassett over the head with it.)

If you want further confirmation that Bassett is <please enter your own term of abuse here>, you have got to listen to one of the Project (s)Camelot interviews with him. Its about 25 minutes long, and you can hear that even these seasoned con-artists are a bit uneasy with talking to him. To my hears he sounded very close to the edge of a very deep abyss of some sort ... probably involving a million fax machines or something :eek:

Anyway the interview can be heard here:

http://www.projectcamelot.org/stephen_bassett_13_nov_2008.mp3

Oh and beware of the Bill Deagle ones ... and the utterly insane one with David Wilcock ... they smell something rather bad.

Oh and there is one with a woman (Ann Eller) who worked with Allen Hynek just before he died which is quite short but has a few interesting points.

Yeah, that was a great episode. I do see where Bassett is coming from when he says "I don't care about credibility", it really has nothing to do with what he is after, disclosure. I don't agree with him, but I can see why he would have that mind set.

As far as he is concerned, the people making the claims and the sightings are important to the cause, but the main blockade to his objective is the Government, or some agency within, thus, whether or not Billy Meier is making claims or Stanton Freidman is doing his thing, it has no consequence to what Bassett is after.

He feels that he doesn't need to weed through all the claims because he knows that "something" is being covered up, which I'm sure most of us can agree on, he just wants to go straight to the source, and if he needs to promote folks with questionable credibility to capitalize his venture, than that is how he's gonna go about it.

I think you guys were a little hard on him in that interview, and I can see why. For you, credibility is the be all and end all of your industry. When there is no 100% solid proof, you need to be careful who you associate with and/or rely on for trustworthy information. Bassett on the other hand will be doing his thing regardless of his speakers. Does he alienate (pardon the pun) other guests by having sketchy speakers on his shows/conventions? Absolutely, but whether or not that will really impede his mission, I cannot say.

I thought he was a great guest and I was really enjoying the episode up until the point of arguement. I'm by no means picking sides, I just think that maybe having him back on again and taking some deep breaths might be in order.

Keep up the great work guys, regardless of my minor complaint, you still have the most respectable Paranormal show on any medium as far as I'm concerned.

p.s I didn't bother to read any of the other posts in this thread, kinda of a time restraint, but will get to them later.

So I'm listening to the rather ridiculous UFOnaut "radio" shitfest, with their chimp Jesse Randolph, who just called me & Gene "haters", "bashers", and yes, get ready , "disinfo agents". :D He put us down because we "only" have a "local podcast", while he has, I don't know, a "program"? LOL! Hey, Randolph, they call it the World Wide Web for a reason, shmeckie, take a class or something. Educate yourself about the medium, fucktard.

Randolph was "interviewing" Bassett, which is more like, let the abject failure of a man rant and rave, while seeing how far he could stick his tongue up Bassett's ass.

He's got a call-in show - but almost no one ever actually calls ;) - maybe some of our listeners should pick up their phones and shed some light on his little pea brain. He expressed how pissed off he is that no one calls him, poor baby.

Meanwhile, and there's nothing on this site yet, so don't even ask, the next Paracast show is going to make folks like Randolph want to kill themselves. It's not the show that's listed on the current front page of the site - no, it's something totally amazing, a secret, and what will go down as the episode that is going to put us right into the mainstream that morons like Randolph so desperately crave. And the best part? He's going to be forced to hang his head in shame for calling us "disinfo agents", man, what we're going to air on Sunday will absolutely stun folks. It's an exclusive that anyone doing this stuff only dreams of, seriously, and loyal fans of The Paracast, the thoughtful, inquisitive and intelligent folks that we exist to serve, well, you're going to be very proud of us this Sunday night. Man, oh man, are the tables going to turn on these pissant children who fancy themselves as being important to this field. :D

dB

Back