• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Interesting sidebar that occurred to me regarding the "Phoenix Lights"

Creepy Green Light

Paranormal Adept
So I think after this horse has been beaten to death more times that we can count, I thought of something interesting (IMO). And before I state it, I noticed some people on here had gotten defensive of some of my posts questioning certain UFO cases. I'll state again that I am a believer and have been since 1979. But I think most of the stories, sightings, photo's etc. are garbage. Which ones? Guardian case, Rex Heflin, Trindade, Paul Trent, Ed Walters, The Hill Case, Cisco Grove, Kelly Farmhouse (do I even need to mention B. Meier?).

Which ones do I think are solid/unexplainable? JAL flight, Coyne helicopter incident, military flight/pilot & crew sighting of UFO off of Iceland.

Regarding the Phoenix Lights; isn't is fascinating that there are ton's of video's/footage of the real, physical event that happened (the flares from the A-10). But mysteriously there is zero footage of the "real ufo" (the delta wing/chevron shaped craft) that supposedly flew across the entire state that tons of people saw, that blacked out the stars etc.

People argue "...the footage on the news they keep showing are NOT what I saw....I saw an actual structured craft fly over my house slowly." Ok - but not one person has footage of this? Amazing how everyone has footage of the real event that happened (the flares). But once again, we are left miffed regarding the "real UFO".

If someone does have actual footage of this object - please post it.

Thanks.

So I think after this horse has been beaten to death more times that we can count, I thought of something interesting (IMO). And before I state it, I noticed some people on here had gotten defensive of some of my posts questioning certain UFO cases. I'll state again that I am a believer and have been since 1979. But I think most of the stories, sightings, photo's etc. are garbage. Which ones? Guardian case, Rex Heflin, Trindade, Paul Trent, Ed Walters, The Hill Case, Cisco Grove, Kelly Farmhouse (do I even need to mention B. Meier?).

Which ones do I think are solid/unexplainable? JAL flight, Coyne helicopter incident, military flight/pilot & crew sighting of UFO off of Iceland.

Regarding the Phoenix Lights; isn't is fascinating that there are ton's of video's/footage of the real, physical event that happened (the flares from the A-10). But mysteriously there is zero footage of the "real ufo" (the delta wing/chevron shaped craft) that supposedly flew across the entire state that tons of people saw, that blacked out the stars etc.

People argue "...the footage on the news they keep showing are NOT what I saw....I saw an actual structured craft fly over my house slowly." Ok - but not one person has footage of this? Amazing how everyone has footage of the real event that happened (the flares). But once again, we are left miffed regarding the "real UFO".

If someone does have actual footage of this object - please post it.

Thanks.
Ya, I dunno. Maybe the flare drop was to draw the attention of anyone with a camera away from where the real one was. I've heard rumors about video of the real one, but never seen anything. Also heard stories of people who tried to get video and photos but couldn't get their devices to work. That's always such a convenient excuse. But given that electronic interference from UFOs has been reported in the past, should we really be all that surprised? The whole affair is rather bizarre, but the question of whether or not we were dealing with an alien craft or something military remains open.

I say this because I haven't run across any accounts where the structured object that was observed behaved in a manner beyond our technological capability. Large silent wing shaped hovering craft are possible and have been built. They are lighter than air craft. Now if there were several independent reports of this type of large silent hovering craft suddenly and noiselessly accelerating and making instantaneous high-angle high-speed changes in direction, then I'd be raising an eyebrow. I haven't heard anything like that.

Ya, I dunno. Maybe the flare drop was to draw the attention of anyone with a camera away from where the real one was. I've heard rumors about video of the real one, but never seen anything. Also heard stories of people who tried to get video and photos but couldn't get their devices to work. That's always such a convenient excuse. But given that electronic interference from UFOs has been reported in the past, should we really be all that surprised? The whole affair is rather bizarre, but the question of whether or not we were dealing with an alien craft or something military remains open.

I say this because I haven't run across any accounts where the structured object that was observed behaved in a manner beyond our technological capability. Large silent wing shaped hovering craft are possible and have been built. They are lighter than air craft. Now if there were several independent reports of this type of large silent hovering craft suddenly and noiselessly accelerating and making instantaneous high-angle high-speed changes in direction, then I'd be raising an eyebrow. I haven't heard anything like that.
Good points. I was also watching a show earlier today that showed when an F-117 crashed in Bakersfield, CA in 1986. Which just reiterated the point; if something like the stealth fighter existed in 1986, what is around today in 2015 that we don't know about (that is kept secret). I think when whatever the stealth fighter/bomber is of the near future, that it will explain a lot of the triangle sightings. Just my opinion.

Again to my earlier point; here's a real, physical man made craft and low & behold, we get a photo and a video....but nothing this verifiable for a "flying saucer". Why is that?

Kansas-Triangle-UFO.jpg

Again to my earlier point; here's a real, physical man made craft and low & behold, we get a photo and a video....but nothing this verifiable for a "flying saucer". Why is that?

Kansas-Triangle-UFO.jpg
Looks like an aircraft, flies like an aircraft, probably sounds and smells like an aircraft too ... probably an aircraft :D . I saw a stealth plane fly in low over our neighborhood downtown one day. It was most unusual, flying below the level of the tops of the buildings. It went right past our house. I was outside on the second floor deck. It was super cool. It was solid black, no markings, and through the binoculars, I could even see the pilot. It was barely making any sound at all. I thought that it was pretty wild and how they weren't kidding around. They really could fly one of those things right into the middle of Moscow with barely anyone noticing.

Last edited:
Looks like an aircraft, flies like an aircraft, probably sounds and smells like an aircraft too ... probably an aircraft :D . I saw a stealth plane fly in low over our neighborhood downtown one day. It was most unusual, flying below the level of the tops of the buildings. It went right past our house. I was outside on the second floor deck. It was super cool. It was solid black, no markings, and through the binoculars, I could even see the pilot. It was barely making any sound at all. I thought that it was pretty wild and how they weren't kidding around. They really could fly one of those things right into the middle of Moscow and few people would know it was there.
Yes, definitely a new/secret aircraft. For a quick second I wondered if perhaps there was a chance that this was the Russian or Chinese version of a U2 that got caught flying over Kansas City. But more than likely, it's the U.S. modern day U2/stealth aircraft.

But what I was saying is because it's a real object - somebody snapped a video and photo of it. Can't we get something this verifiable for a flying saucer?

Yes, definitely a new/secret aircraft. For a quick second I wondered if perhaps there was a chance that this was the Russian or Chinese version of a U2 that got caught flying over Kansas City. But more than likely, it's the U.S. modern day U2/stealth aircraft.

But what I was saying is because it's a real object - somebody snapped a video and photo of it. Can't we get something this verifiable for a flying saucer?
I see your point, but I also doubt anyone got a picture of the stealth plane I saw. And this was in the daytime, in city with a million people. Not one word of it on the news. Nothing. So the lack of good photos is a curiosity, but not a really huge issue. Plus there are people who claim to have had good pictures and films, even gun camera footage from military aircraft, only to see it get confiscated. That's an easy excuse I suppose, but still, I have trouble calling everyone liars and hoaxers. So we can't rule that out entirely. Then there's the point that even if somebody got a good photo or video, very few would believe it anyway. The skeptics sure wouldn't call it proof.

So that's why I always end up coming back to the people who are the genuine experiencers, not in a strictly abduction sense, but in an "I know what I saw." sense. The truth isn't just "out there". It's also in them, and I think we need to shift our focus away from trying to prove things to skeptics, and band together somehow to form a movement that isn't focused on governments and scientists and skeptics, but on what the Hell is going on with the phenomenon. Maybe that would even get the attention of the aliens. I think there's a strong possibility that they are watching us a lot closer than we think. Again, I'm not necessarily referring to abductions, but the overall pattern is the study of us and our planet.

Last edited:
One would think there should be 1000's of verifiable, daylight disc photo's/video's based on how this one was caught (the triangle I posted). A photographer I believe was taking pictures of flowers, etc. and noticed a contrail making turns in the sky. He focused his camera on the triangle and shot the footage that was on the news/internet. So you would think of all the headlines of "10 witnesses see UFO size of football field over Pennsylvania town", etc. that there would be the same quality photo/video as this gentleman took. Every single day in the headlines there are "UFO sighting" - but there is never a photo or video. If there is - it's a hoax/photoshop. It's not like what this guy took.

One would think there should be 1000's of verifiable, daylight disc photo's/video's based on how this one was caught (the triangle I posted). A photographer I believe was taking pictures of flowers, etc. and noticed a contrail making turns in the sky. He focused his camera on the triangle and shot the footage that was on the news/internet. So you would think of all the headlines of "10 witnesses see UFO size of football field over Pennsylvania town", etc. that there would be the same quality photo/video as this gentleman took. Every single day in the headlines there are "UFO sighting" - but there is never a photo or video. If there is - it's a hoax/photoshop. It's not like what this guy took.
True, but only if you assume the premise is correct. I don't think it is. The simple answer is that alien craft are actually very rare. To elaborate: Forget the mainstream media. First, they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to UFOs, and they don't care. They just use the phenomenon as an attention getter. They don't even know how to define it properly. To them any fuzzy light off in the distance is a UFO. There are some good reports once in a while that come into NUFORC and MUFON, but even most of those contain insufficient information. Even Blue Book, which had the backing of the Air Force, determined that only 26.94% were unknowns and that figure included both radar and radar/visual reports, and reports from within the Air Force itself, none of which the average civilian has access to anymore. Later they reduced their estimate down to as low as 5%.

Plus the aliens seem to be going out of their way to remain elusive, with some reports indicating that they possess active camouflage. Add that to their ability to disrupt electronics, and the fact that people rarely bother to go outside and look up instead of at their PC screens or phones, and we end-up with a rare, elusive phenomenon beyond our technological ability that can interfere with evidence gathering, topped by some PTB that don't want us to have any evidence even if we do get it.

The way I figure it, there may not even be a single UFO in the vicinity of Earth at any given time, and if there are, the small ones are hidden away in some secret base or mother ship beyond the range of our interceptors, and most certainly out of range of civilians. There just simply aren't as many as the mainstream media, and even some UFO enthusiasts might want there to be. If there were, then as you suggest, we'd have more definitive evidence by now. Therefore logically, this explanation makes the most sense. But it also doesn't make the fact that they're here ( or have at least been here in recent history ), any less significant.

Oh yes ... and what's the matter with me? I almost forgot to mention: The other answer is ... "Butt Selfies"
rolling-on-the-floor-laughing-smiley-face-rolling.gif

Last edited:
After reading that thread I was surprised no one mentioned taking pictures of the full moon or more improbably, the 7th planet.

Here's something else irritating (and something the skeptics would say);

So a daylight meteorite sighting; super rare. Hardly happens. But yet, a police dash cam records the incident perfectly. A plethora of other witnesses record it. It's seen from multiple angles. There's no question this event happened.

But UFO's sightings happen 365 days a year. Police dash cam footage? Crystal clear footage from civilians? Multiple people recording the same event? Seems like that only happens when the event is real (again, flares over Phoenix/Morristown UFO hoax). When the object of interest is a "flying saucer" - we get nothing. During the last 60 years you'd think there would be ONE incident like the Russian meteorite of 2013 where it's daylight, crystal clear, multiple witnesses record it, a police dash cam, irrefutable evidence of a real, structured craft.

Here's something else irritating (and something the skeptics would say);

So a daylight meteorite sighting; super rare. Hardly happens. But yet, a police dash cam records the incident perfectly. A plethora of other witnesses record it. It's seen from multiple angles. There's no question this event happened.

But UFO's sightings happen 365 days a year. Police dash cam footage? Crystal clear footage from civilians? Multiple people recording the same event? Seems like that only happens when the event is real (again, flares over Phoenix/Morristown UFO hoax). When the object of interest is a "flying saucer" - we get nothing. During the last 60 years you'd think there would be ONE incident like the Russian meteorite of 2013 where it's daylight, crystal clear, multiple witnesses record it, a police dash cam, irrefutable evidence of a real, structured craft.
The same logic applies. Despite the numerous reports in the media, alien craft are actually very rare. Most reports are of something else. They're also intelligently controlled and can choose a path where they are less likely to be detected. Plus they possess high-technology, some of which might enable them to go undetected ( also unlike meteors ). And lastly, even if someone does get some decent images, they don't seem to last long for some reason or another. I've run across the odd photo I thought was pretty interesting online, only to get a 404 error the next time I go to check it.

Weird things have happened to my PC after being contacted by some mystery group claiming to be "insiders". So there are forces actively trying to prevent objective evidence from surfacing. There are even rumors of ufologists being frightened by sinister agents who have suggested that they stop looking into the phenomenon. It's all far more complex and bizarre than a simple meteor sighting, and the response of the skeptics is usually to hand wave or mock that situation. That's just another reason to get our focus off trying to please them and more on what's really going on with the phenomenon itself.

Bad/good news - depends on how you take it.

The second Ya'Yel "Phoenix Lights" event is already scheduled for the time span of 2015-2017 with the focal point being 2016. Probability? 100%

Bookmark this post.

Yes it’s an interesting question. It’s interesting without ever considering whether something anomalous was the source of the first event. As you said, during the first event a great many people saw something strange they could not identify. Hundreds of calls came into the 911 call center while that first event was going on. Whether the UFO was something mundane (a formation of planes) or something truly anomalous, why is there the lack of pictures of the first event while there are a number of recordings of the later “flares” event?

The flares were located in a spot above the Estrella mountains where they could be seen from virtually everywhere in the Phoenix metropolitan area. During my old commute home from work I would often look over at the spot where the flares had been located, which was more than 40 miles away. Just speculating, but was witnessing the first UFO a more localized event? Many of the witnesses described a low-altitude silent boomerang shape having lights embedded in its bottom. Some witnesses noted it rapidly accelerated away when it left. Was it the case that the UFO unexpectedly came over the startled witnesses and then moved away before the witnesses ever thought of going to find a camera? Possibly from any significant distance the lights recessed in the bottom were not that visible. Of course, none of this would explain the lack of pictures if the UFO was just a formation of planes.

If that first UFO was actually something mundane, I think the question is just as interesting. In that case we then know the lack of pictures did not result from some anomalous mechanism that limited the UFO’s visibility, but was just the result of how witnesses behave. If we knew the answer as to why witnesses behave that way it might provide some insight as to why witnesses commonly do not take pictures if they see a UFO.

As for why there are so many dash cam videos of the Russian fireball, one reason is that most everyone in Russia has a dash cam. This is because of the high number of false traffic liability claims, as well as the high number of traffic accidents in Russia.
Why Almost Everyone in Russia Has a Dash Cam

Bad/good news - depends on how you take it.

The second Ya'Yel "Phoenix Lights" event is already scheduled for the time span of 2015-2017 with the focal point being 2016. Probability? 100%

Bookmark this post.
What exactly is that about? Like does everyone go out and yell "Phoenix Lights!" ?

Either because the event was carefully manipulated or, as you claim, it was all a bunch of flares. Hang in there with that "flares is them" POV, it serves you well.

Back