• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm No Bill Cooper Fan But This Is Creepy

valiens

Skilled Investigator
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zy4EyBstOsA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zy4EyBstOsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Meh... unsubstantiated sources from a raving loon who was so mired in his own disinfo he couldn't seperate truth from lies if you gave him a map. Remember this is a man who thought Texe Mars was a reliable source of info (and who, like Mr. Mars, couldn't even be bothered in his own "research" to learn how to pronounce things properly).

Well...not really so creepy.

Despite the opening statements made in the video, OBL was not a "relative unknown" in June of 2001. In fact, he was well known. He was and had been the subject of a great deal of angst in U.S. government security circles.

As far as Cooper's prediction of an attack, people much more responsible than Cooper had been raising the specter of an attack by Al Queda inside the U.S.

Indeed, in an October 2000 radio interview soon-to-be National Security Advisor Condoleeza Rice had brought up the possibility of Osama bin Laden staging an attack inside the U.S. --- before Bush was even elected.

OBL had been issuing thinly veiled threats to bring the "fight" to the U.S. since at least 1998.

So I don't think we have to conclude that Cooper was showing any kind've keen unique foresight.

As far as I can tell the rest of the video is just innuendo.

One of the parts I find intriguing is that a CNN reporter found bin Laden when we couldn't.

March 1997 Peter Arnett interview?

Well, Arnett was already a well-known journalist. I doubt he "found" bin Laden. He probably "found" someone who could get bin Laden a message. Then someone took him somewhere.

Peter has probably described this process in writing, although I couldn't find anything like that...

Of course, in 1997 getting an interview with bin Laden was probably much easier. Right off hand, I don't think he has held any press conferences since 9/11....

Then why didn't anyone go after him? he was a wanted man.

Why do you think they didn't?

You know, we didn't want to interview him.

Keep in mind that merely knowing where OBL *is* is only moderately helpful...we really need to know where is going to be four hours or so ahead of time. Which greatly complicates things.

Page 109-110 of the 9/11 Report sheds some light on what U.S. intelligence circles thought of OBL during 1997.

Back