• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I'm back :D

Red

Paranormal Adept
Hi everyone!
I was on the forums years ago and decided to come back for a while. Hope things are going okay with everyone.

Hi everyone!
I was on the forums years ago and decided to come back for a while. Hope things are going okay with everyone.
Hey there Red. What rekindled your interest? Lately I've been feeling kind of burned out by the who thing. A fresh perspective might be just what we all need :)

At this point I might be more interested in the sociological aspects more than anything. I just got done reading "Mirage Men" by Pilkington and Greg Bishop's new book. I don't agree with everything Bishop says, but I like his approach(a sort of skeptical open-mindedness) and some of the people he ends up talking to. I was also intrigued by some of the examples of early contact he gives as they reminded me of some of orally collected fairy folklore that I had read in the past. As in "high strangeness." :) I thought it might be interesting to read those again along with accounts from contactees. I'm not interested in proving or disproving anything, I just wanted to compare. (I'm very aware of Vallee's Passport to Magonia, but I'm more interested in the fae aspect and I think Vallee encompasses much more than that in his book.)
I'll ask again, if anyone could point to a good compilation(s) of contactee accounts, I would be grateful. I don't really want to buy the whole UFO canon for a side project that's really for my own personal curiosity.)
I guess at this point it could be said that I am dipping my toes in to test the water. :rolleyes:

At this point I might be more interested in the sociological aspects more than anything. I just got done reading "Mirage Men" by Pilkington and Greg Bishop's new book. I don't agree with everything Bishop says, but I like his approach(a sort of skeptical open-mindedness) and some of the people he ends up talking to. I was also intrigued by some of the examples of early contact he gives as they reminded me of some of orally collected fairy folklore that I had read in the past. As in "high strangeness." :) I thought it might be interesting to read those again along with accounts from contactees. I'm not interested in proving or disproving anything, I just wanted to compare. (I'm very aware of Vallee's Passport to Magonia, but I'm more interested in the fae aspect and I think Vallee encompasses much more than that in his book.)
I'll ask again, if anyone could point to a good compilation(s) of contactee accounts, I would be grateful. I don't really want to buy the whole UFO canon for a side project that's really for my own personal curiosity.)
I guess at this point it could be said that I am dipping my toes in to test the water. :rolleyes:

There's a list on Wikipedia: Contactee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From there it shouldn't be hard to dig up salient information.

More: The Top 20 Most Fascinating, Mind-Blowing Alien Contactee / Abductee Cases – Part 1

Gah, I am idiot, I didn't even say thank you. So....thank you so very much for digging up those links for me. I really appreciate it! This looks to be exactly what I'm looking for. :cool:

Back