• SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY A PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, seven years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Use the coupon code ufo20 to receive a 20% discount on five-year or lifetime subscriptions. And PayPal now accepts cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin, in payment. We also offer a second payment method for major credit or debit cards (which also includes Apple Pay and Google Pay), so act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Idiots

Richard Hawkins

Paranormal Maven
I have come to notice in recent years the amount of idiot's there are in this world.
The days are gone when you could have a reasoned discussion with people of a different opinion and then.
Nowadays you have people with sad empty lives who have their opinion and nothing is going shift them from their little piece of turf.
I suppose in reality we should pity these people try and encourage them to seek help.

Gene Steinberg

Forum Super Hero
Staff member
I think many people have limits. But when you have people who live in their own bubbles, exposed to proven falsehoods without any logical support, yet believing them, you wonder if you're arguing a religion or dealing with cult behavior when you try to talk to them. It doesn't necessarily make them idiots, but it also makes it impossible to deal with some of them on any reasonable basis.

Richard Hawkins

Paranormal Maven
I think many people have limits. But when you have people who live in their own bubbles, exposed to proven falsehoods without any logical support, yet believing them, you wonder if you're arguing a religion or dealing with cult behavior when you try to talk to them. It doesn't necessarily make them idiots, but it also makes it impossible to deal with some of them on any reasonable basis.
Perhaps I should of made the thread cult members.

Trajanus

Paranormal Adept
I'm been observing for the past 20 years that its become more and more polarized. This is not good.
Maybe but there always were fanatics and others who cling to certain beliefs (such as creationism) regardless of what rational science has established as true.

Pygar2

Paranormal Maven
Very true. I constantly run in to people who think Marxism can work if you change the name, men can have babies, and that next-century weather forecasts are more accurate than next month's. They also think that the 1/6 tourists were an insurrection... and that the mid-2020 insurrection never happened.

Randall

J. Randall Murphy
I have come to notice in recent years the amount of idiot's there are in this world.
The days are gone when you could have a reasoned discussion with people of a different opinion and then.
Nowadays you have people with sad empty lives who have their opinion and nothing is going shift them from their little piece of turf.
I suppose in reality we should pity these people try and encourage them to seek help.
I've tried, but Gene just won't listen :p