• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I was disappointed.

tomdownie

Paranormal Novice
Dear Dave and Gene,
If that is the best show you can put together (refering to tonight's) it was pathetic. Your guest obviously was not even familiar with what he was writing about, he was merely regurgitating information provided by someone else. He could not even affirm that he believed what they said. Yes, he gave up his copyyright, but you should not take advantage of this gentleman, it is obvious that he didn't know what he was doing, and maybe you should give hime a break. I felt sorry for him actually as you ripped him a new one and he didn't seem like such a bad guy, not to bright, but a nice guy. I hope your future shows will do much better. I want to say that usually your do much better. I don't know how you found this guy but maybe, in future, you'll screen your sources better. Keep up the good work.

Not so fast. I've been reading this book and perhaps the guest is playing some kind of a game on the level of a pseudonymous prankster. More on that later.

The book is certainly imaginative, I'll give him that. Imaginative in the extreme and actually quite entertaining. Whoever wrote it is obviously well read in the literary traditions of romanticism. More on that later.

I expect that this tale will become a new part of UFO conspiracy folklore. In fact, perhaps the author's goal is to contribute to UFO folklore. Fascinating.

The Paul Bennewitz affair brought us the tales of underground bases throughout New Mexico and the associated mythology of the area. This story, surely, will become a part of conspiracy folklore and we can expect sequels to emerge from probably a number of different authors.

There is one glaring inconsistency, however. I wonder why the domain cannot simply transport all of the humans from the prison planet and into an area that remains unaffected by the mind control field. It seems like the obvious thing to do.

Where truthiness is concerned, I'm not even going to spend time debating about that. It's obviously 100% fiction. The titles at the top of the interviews are enough to establish that fact. Why would the 509th bomb group be conducting the interviews? Surely the wreckage would have been taken out of the control of the bomb group almost immediately. Some other branch of military R and D would have been conducting the research.

I just thought of something else, too. If the Old Empire really wanted to trap the Is-Bes on Earth, they could store them in far simpler organisms than we humans. Why not, say, in a rodent? It would be far simpler and would save the controllers the hassle of all of that brainwashing and hypnotism.

To woo, or not to woo......

Poor Gene and David. Sounds like they just didn't smoke someone's green scaley pecker claims again. I'm not in a hurry to hear this show, because the Alien interview is BUNK, TRASH, MONKEY FART. But I will. I enjoyed the Horn show after all. He's full of shit.

I only read one sentence from the OP btw. Well, he seems to judge them off the bases of one show. I have a habit of mockery.

PS> I wanna be an Is/be too!

Packrat or anyone else,
Do listen to it because David does this priceless Jesus/chocolate analogy. Other than that the guy is just talking story. I really couldn't figure out what his motive was for editing the book. I guess he couldn't either.

i normally have nothing but good things to say about the paracast, but yeah....pretty terrible show

right from the get-go he pretty much discloses everything he knows about it, which is nothing, and the show never ever progresses after that.....i almost felt as if everybody was just eating this guy alive simply to fill up 2 hours of airtime.

i felt sorry for this guy, too......seems like he wasn't lying and didnt have the motivation to lie, and assuming he wasnt lying, david was kind of a dick to him.

i want my money back.

Wow..., such a sad show to listen to. At some point, early on in the interview, it becomes apparent that this guy is not being truthful. You should have stopped the show and go on to something else.

I'm curious as to why you even had this guy on. There are many researchers, experiencers, contactees, etc. who tell similar wild stories, but who are willing to defend and explain their words. Spencer really had nothing of substance to say. I learned nothing from listening to him. It would have been more informative just to read excerpts of his book aloud.

If your intent was to expose a hoax, you've succeeded. But, you could have done that in 30 minutes.

I still look forward to your next show.

Wow..., such a sad show to listen to. At some point, early on in the interview, it becomes apparent that this guy is not being truthful. You should have stopped the show and go on to something else.

I'm curious as to why you even had this guy on. There are many researchers, experiencers, contactees, etc. who tell similar wild stories, but who are willing to defend and explain their words. Spencer really had nothing of substance to say. I learned nothing from listening to him. It would have been more informative just to read excerpts of his book aloud.

If your intent was to expose a hoax, you've succeeded. But, you could have done that in 30 minutes.

I still look forward to your next show.
We were curious, and I think we nipped this one in the bud in the way the author was called on his senseless motives for producing the book if he was as skeptical as he claims. I would hope that, now that he's let us put his book in the pubic domain, he'll get on to other pursuits and not allow this story to become still another myth in the Roswell case.

I thought it was a good episode. who was Lawrence's source in the first place was it that person who sent him this notes.Great bit of comedy by David Jesus and the chocolate bar :)complete fiction this book ,clearly disseminated by Gene,David and guests well done:cool:

Interesting show if only from the perspective of sorting the wheat from the chaff (no clues as to what basket this fell into).

Did I hear correctly that the author/writer/messenger of this material condones/supports piracy of his own book?

Why destroy the original material only to reproduce it in book form and put your own name to it? WAY too many holes in this whole sorry mess.

On the other hand, I can why Earth may be considered an intergalatic pit stop, we sure have enough fast food joints to satisfy any passing species ;)

Why destroy the original material only to reproduce it in book form and put your own name to it? ..

He didn't destroy the original material as there was no original material. The entire book is a put-on, a farce, a joke, and a lame attempt at injecting scientology style fairy tales into the already over-burdened Roswell myth.

John

After 30 minutes I thought the interview could have ended.. and then at the halfway mark I was begging for the interview to end. This guy clearly has taken no personal responsibility for what he is publishing *ahem* selling.

When he said he destroyed all of the evidence I was done. I won't be reading his material.

Alas - I was disappointed too.

I have NOT read the book in question (and neither had some of the guests) and I had to wonder what it was actually about. Two hours was a LONG time to go in circles and continually re-hash the same questions over and over.

It would have been really helpful to me (the listener) for David or Gene to read some excerpts, or give a thorough description of the content - but it just didn't happen.

The whole thing just left me confused.

I likened the Lawrence Spencer interview to an amateur boxer who wants to get in the ring with the champ. Spencer maybe thought he was going to get some soft taps to the body from the interviewers. Instead he got the crap kicked out of himself. The idea that he could not back himself up on any claims made in his book was ludicrous. He was right on one thing however. I felt like I had been locked up in the Prison Planet he mentioned after listening to this bunch of tripe for two hours.

Wow, you know your ass is grass when Gene goes after you.

4 things:

1.) Gut reaction? - He's not lying about how he got the manuscript.

2.) He's not "more skeptical about this than any of you." That's patently ridiculous and said with the same relaxed conviction as everything else so #1 might be wrong.

3.) For all the bitching in this forum that Dave went after Greer after the show was over--now there's bitching that Dave went after this guy to his face? Jesus, shut up.

4.) Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist, says that the book didn't take off until he offered it as a free download. Then it went viral and soon bookstores around the globe were ordering the printed version by the gillion. More on that here:

http://torrentfreak.com/alchemist-author-pirates-own-books-080124/

So even though offering this book as a free download is a kind gesture on Lawrence's and The Paracast's part, you might ultimately be unleashing this new fake Roswell strand into the larger population and Lawrence might accidentally rake in a boatload of unwanted cash as a result.

Oh, actually, one more thing: The prison planet motif is what Friedman has been saying all along. He couldn't really have been that amazed to read it in this manuscript could he?

I never buy into that "This is so strange I could never imagine it" line FROM A WRITER. (Which is a point Dave made well.)

A cursory glance at any ufological hoax shows that we can imagine a lot and if we have the know-how can even make it look like official government documents. SERPO is a work of genius in its own way.

Now that I am listening to the paracast I am willing to grant the vague possibility that the author didn't write the material himself. I suppose there could possibly be a very small chance that he did, in fact, receive a packet of absolute nonsense that he published.

Either way, the material is nonsense and should be treated as such.

Move along, nothing to see here...

Now that I am listening to the paracast I am willing to grant the vague possibility that the author didn't write the material himself. I grant there is a very small chance that he did, in fact, receive a packet of absolute nonsense that he published.

Either way, the material is nonsense and should be treated as such.

Move along, nothing to see here...
I realize some people have motives that can't be understood, and maybe his was notoriety of some sort, since it isn't book sales. :)

I'm not familiar enough with Spencer's writings to know if he wrote the damn thing himself or just took something a kook sent him and tried to exploit it.

I can't say this was one of my favorite shows. The best part of the show was the wrap up where parts of that deabte went away from the subject of this guest and his book. As usualy, that is interesting conversation.

Either he is pulling our legs that this a "Blair Witch Project" stun using Roswell or the man is very gullible and borderline paranoid to destroy the "evidence" of the case. I think it's a joke, a stun, and I honestly believe he may be laughing that a bunch of people here are taking it seriously and will read his book.

Talk about interrupting, Spencer talked over everyone continuously. The most amazing thing about this guy is that he believes his pre-conceived asbestos suit of protection actually does so. Agreeing with all the criticism doesn’t neutralize it. It’s like Spencer wanted to be one of the critics of the material and sit on the other side of the table. But, of course, we all know that.
<O:p</O:p
One question, though. Only toward the end of the interview did Spencer give permission to post the book for everyone, yet the book has been available for a couple of weeks now. That would lead one to believe the actual interview took place a couple of weeks ago? Could you tell us the lead time for shows?

Back