• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I warned you. Godzilla is not dead.

[crosses fingers] please be good, please be good, please be good

I was thinking the exact same thing. Low probability that this movie is any good, but I maintain hope.

Being a 70's kid, I loved those awful Japanese giant monster movies shown on television late Saturday nights.

After these two disappointments, I can't allow my hope to rise...

Cloverfield_theatrical_poster.jpg
Pacific_Rim_FilmPoster.jpeg

Last edited:
Same here. While I was aware of this movie I wasn't keeping up with it. My initial thought was that I would keep a positive outlook on it because at least we wouldn't have to deal with all those second tier characters like ghidyrah, aspiga and mothra, then I read the movie synopsis. Siiiiigggghhhh :(

Looking back I bear no ill will towards all those multi-monstered 70's movies...and indeed, I enjoyed a couple of them...I did recognize they were camp just like the kung fu movies of the era... I'm not so sure this was a good idea for this movie. If this is a reboot why not just stick more closely to the original which was a parable on mankind's altering the status quo with atomic weaponry/energy by using Fukushima Daiichi as the catalyst (perhaps they did) and just unleashing one monster on us, if it flies, then drag out monsters if they really must but camp would have to be off the table.

btw, any truth to the rumor that Bryan Cranston filmed his scenes separately and that they then were inserted into the completed film ? ;)

Last edited:
"Spell casting -G.O.D.Z.U.K.I." There you go I hexed it.

I am a Mosugoji fan but I do hanker for the good ol' 50s dudes. I would like to see a very expensive modern special effects ridden film with serious actors and a mankind parable plot-but with a dude in an intentionally poor rubber suit of the classic variety.

Been waiting for these to pop up around town, now I have to give mind how I'm going to get this piece of construction site wall through my front door.

20140419_094138.jpg

Godzilla to Earth..."It's ON!!!!"

I really want one of those "rising sun" posters. The ones sold on ebay are small things. I need a full size one to replace the Godzilla 1985 poster that hung my office for years.

From this brief clip it looks like that we are indeed going to see a more serious version of those lighthearted Godzilla vs. XXXXX from the 60s and 70s.

I take it the big guy is going to be used as a secret weapon to fight off others and while doing so will create usual his usual havoc

Last edited:
Back