• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I urge you to join Paracast+

DaveM

Paranormal Adept
I notice that on any one week there are normally 35-40 people downloading the Paracast+. I urge more of you to join. You don't have to listen to commercials and there is also the interesting after the Paracast talk.

I find it hard to believe that most posters can't afford 5 bucks per month. If you want improvements to this website it doesn't come cheap.

I've seen more than a few people complain about those commercials. Every one of those posters should be on Paracast+. There also needs to be more comments from those 40 or so listeners on the Plus sight.

Last edited:
I notice that on any one week there are normally 35-40 people downloading the Paracast+. I urge more of you to join. You don't have to listen to commercials and there is also the interesting after the Paracast talk. I find it hard that most posters can't afford 5 bucks per month. If you want improvements to this website it doesn't come cheap. I've seen more than a few people complain about those commercials. Every one of those posters should be on Paracast+. There also needs to be more comments from those 40 or so listeners on the Plus sight.
Thanks for the shout-out Dave. You're absolutely right. Thank you all who have signed up so far and thanks in advance to all of our yet-to-sign up Paracast+ members!

Sad to say, some people posting reviews on iTunes don't seem to understand that we have The Paracast+, even though we've been pushing it since early November. Maybe we're just not getting through. I welcome your suggestions to get the message out. I've asked Chris to do the plug on the next episode. :)

You mean forum logo? We have it prominently listed in the forum announcement, and on our home page (twice there!). It's mentioned at least 3 times on the show.

Maybe a New Paracast Plus + Logo with your years in the field of Paranormal Study :
on the Official Page and shows up on all post below on the forum in left hand corner of Plus members ?

Under consideration. The problem is that reediting to remove the ads will also cause audio quality to decline, and some early shows are lower resolution as it is. I've looked into various applications to help the process, but MP3 files, when reserved, decline in quality. That's how it is.

I notice that on any one week there are normally 35-40 people downloading the Paracast+. I urge more of you to join. You don't have to listen to commercials and there is also the interesting after the Paracast talk.

I find it hard to believe that most posters can't afford 5 bucks per month. If you want improvements to this website it doesn't come cheap.

I've seen more than a few people complain about those commercials. Every one of those posters should be on Paracast+. There also needs to be more comments from those 40 or so listeners on the Plus sight.

I would just like to echo Dave's comments. I am absolutely loving the Paracast+. I cannot recommend it highly enough. If eliminating the insipid doomsday prepper commercials and Alex Jones voiceovers isn't enough to get you to fork over a measly $5 per month, let me appeal to your sense of fairness and gratitude. The new subscription option allows you to show your gratitude and support for Gene and Chris' efforts and expertise in a VERY affordable, easy and consistent manner. That was as much of the reason why I leapt at the opportunity to sign up for a year than eliminating the ads.

When I have the extra funds, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and upgrade to a 5 year subscription. I'll simply cross my fingers that Gene can hang on that long... HEY NOW! ;-)

Please subscribe to the Paracast+. It's the best show out there of its kind. Gene and Chris deserve our support, and not just verbally. As "they" say, money talks, bullshit walks. Thanks!

The PARACAST+ is the only way to go. I put this podcast up there in quality with Mike Duncan's History of Rome and Revolutions, perhaps even better.

AND GENE AND CHRIS VERY MUCH DO DESERVE OUR SUPPORT FINANCIALLY FOR THIS EFFORT. THEY SHOULD BE GREATLY BENEFITTING FOR THEIR EFFORTS TO BRING US SUCH A TOP NOTCH AND CLASSY SHOW.

As an IT consultant I hereby offer myself to help with removing the advertisements from the old show archives. I would do it for free as a labor of love, as I am sick and tired of fast forwarding in my car as I am driving around listening to you guys. Seriously, if your willing to talk, let me know.

However, when I joined a few months ago I was on my ipad and found it to be a difficult thing to do, as I was new to the forums and could not figure out how to navigate the site to where I could login. I went for a month going to the long paragraph that talked about it and following the link there, when I just wanted a big PARACAST+ button at the top of the screen right next to a BIG login prompt. I think there should be an obvious design change (like background color scheme change or a CONFIDENTIAL watermark on the backgrounds) when we go to the private areas, and another when we enter the forums. It will make the person feel like they are entering something restricted, which is part of what they are paying for.

I have also been concerned about those 40 odd downloads most shows seem to get. Gene, perhaps you should start outright lying about the stats to help increase demand... you know, like seed money in a donation box, lol. It may be underhanded, but it is also human psychology to see demand which then creates more demand. Instead of asking people to join to help make it a success, talk it up and say its extremely surprising how successful it is being.

ANY CHANCE TO BE RID OF ADVERTISING IS A WELCOME THING TO ME..... VIVA NETFLIX and HBO!!!! DOWN WITH HULU!!!! I much prefer to put my money where I want it, and that is on content.

One more thing. There are plenty of members who have racked up THOUSANDS of posts. I find it strangely disconcerting that you are all silent now. These people are the ones who benefit the most and should help Gene and Chris in trying to build and maintain the Paracast.

The PARACAST+ is the only way to go. I put this podcast up there in quality with Mike Duncan's History of Rome and Revolutions, perhaps even better.

AND GENE AND CHRIS VERY MUCH DO DESERVE OUR SUPPORT FINANCIALLY FOR THIS EFFORT. THEY SHOULD BE GREATLY BENEFITTING FOR THEIR EFFORTS TO BRING US SUCH A TOP NOTCH AND CLASSY SHOW.

As an IT consultant I hereby offer myself to help with removing the advertisements from the old show archives. I would do it for free as a labor of love, as I am sick and tired of fast forwarding in my car as I am driving around listening to you guys. Seriously, if your willing to talk, let me know.

However, when I joined a few months ago I was on my ipad and found it to be a difficult thing to do, as I was new to the forums and could not figure out how to navigate the site to where I could login. I went for a month going to the long paragraph that talked about it and following the link there, when I just wanted a big PARACAST+ button at the top of the screen right next to a BIG login prompt. I think there should be an obvious design change (like background color scheme change or a CONFIDENTIAL watermark on the backgrounds) when we go to the private areas, and another when we enter the forums. It will make the person feel like they are entering something restricted, which is part of what they are paying for.

I have also been concerned about those 40 odd downloads most shows seem to get. Gene, perhaps you should start outright lying about the stats to help increase demand... you know, like seed money in a donation box, lol. It may be underhanded, but it is also human psychology to see demand which then creates more demand. Instead of asking people to join to help make it a success, talk it up and say its extremely surprising how successful it is being.

ANY CHANCE TO BE RID OF ADVERTISING IS A WELCOME THING TO ME..... VIVA NETFLIX and HBO!!!! DOWN WITH HULU!!!! I much prefer to put my money where I want it, and that is on content.
Thanks for your support. Please open a private conversation with me and I'll be happy to work with you to edit older episodes.

I do want to make the premium service more visible. But I'd need help with programming the premium area.

One more thing. There are plenty of members who have racked up THOUSANDS of posts. I find it strangely disconcerting that you are all silent now. These people are the ones who benefit the most and should help Gene and Chris in trying to build and maintain the Paracast.
While I do not think you are referring to me in particular - I am sure you're not - I am someone who does post on this site, and yet - until I was just given a month's free access to the Paracast+ - had not signed up for it. In fact, I've never listened to a show, until very, very recently - one show. I must admit that I would have preferred to listen without all the ads - so a big thumbs up for the no-ads Paracast+. Worth the $5 imo.

In my case, I am solely a forum person. I came to the forum via a link somewhere else (now long forgotten). I did not come because of the show. I actually was posting on the forum for a while before I realized it was connected to a radio show - or is it podcast - I don't even know. :confused: Clueless.

Now that I am a Paracast+ listener, I listened to a few 'After the Paracast' episodes last night. It was fun but the same problem arises for me with any of this: how to carve out time to listen. Not a simple answer for my lifestyle.

Anyway, that's my excuse. :rolleyes:

While I do not think you are referring to me in particular - I am sure you're not - I am someone who does post on this site, and yet - until I was just given a month's free access to the Paracast+ - had not signed up for it. In fact, I've never listened to a show, until very, very recently - one show. I must admit that I would have preferred to listen without all the ads - so a big thumbs up for the no-ads Paracast+. Worth the $5 imo.

In my case, I am solely a forum person. I came to the forum via a link somewhere else (now long forgotten). I did not come because of the show. I actually was posting on the forum for a while before I realized it was connected to a radio show - or is it podcast - I don't even know. :confused: Clueless.

Now that I am a Paracast+ listener, I listened to a few 'After the Paracast' episodes last night. It was fun but the same problem arises for me with any of this: how to carve out time to listen. Not a simple answer for my lifestyle.

Anyway, that's my excuse. :rolleyes:
You're right Tyger, it's certainly worth $5 to be a Plus member. Every bit helps.

I agree. The plus edition is the best way to listen to the show. There's much more of a sense of continuity as you listen to it commercial free. It's a welcome change. It's the only show i pay for. If anyone can point to a bigger catalogue of fairly definitive dialogues on the ongoing history of UFO & paranormality i'd love to know what it is. Only Radio Misterioso captures my listening ear as often as this show. All valid and mostly invalid criticisms aside, this is the best of a fractured field of mostly crashed Aztec excuses for radio.
AztecCrashInside.jpg

After the Paracast spins on my twilight drives into work in the morning. My only wish is that it was longer to eat up more of the hour long drive. The opening gentle guitar riff and astronaut's voice is a comfort as it starts while i'm driving into darkness. It is a very easy way to move into the grey light on even greyer highways, though it's much better when the sun burns a deep pink or fiery orange rising low above the escarpment. It seems to complement that hallucinogenic reality of being part of the commuter chain of ants recently stirred out of the hive and scattering to our toils. Keeps me that much more sane about the situation.
7276117498_f0c0cc1945.jpg

I like the honest tone and stream of consciousness between topics in After the Paracast. There is lots of potential to extend this dialogue in more detail and make it more dynamic to grow your plus membership. Consider inviting random forum members on to do mini-profiles, reviews of various media, books etc, favourite cases, what they enjoy most about the show, people and events they'd like to see more coverage of, explanations of certain favourite threads. (some summary insight and guides through different parts of the consciousness and paranormal thread perhaps?) Some of these items could even be audio file submissions that are possibly curated into specific topics i.e. favourite poltergeist cases (know a German poster that could do this with ease), best Auzzie cases (a pretty obvious poster option here again), members' favourite monsters, etc. the possibilities go on. Your membership has a wealth of specialized knowledge on so many subjects, from music to gardening to philosophy. You get the idea. Interactivity breeds a community of listeners.
cbaa_campaign_logo.png

Last edited:
I am thoroughly enjoying the After The Paracast episodes. I, too, enjoy the stream of consciousness, no subject off-limits style of the program. I think Gene hits on a great idea. Adding the occasional veteran forum poster like Burnt, Goggs, etc. would contribute a nice post-episode flavor. Also, if you end up scrubbing the ads from previous episodes, that would be another excellent Paracast+ perk. I would love to go back and listen to select episodes over the years without having to slog through the commercials.

Back