• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I love The Paracast

RedClover

Paranormal Novice
Greetings Gene and David. I just finished listening to today's episode (Feb 18,2006) and was struck by the bit of sadness expressed by David in the last half of the show. I got the impression that they were putting all of this effort into finding the truth, but were mostly receiving
negative feedback expressed by those who had already staked their claim on reality. So while this post may not have very much debatable teeth in it, I just wanted to say, I love the Paracast. It is my impression as a listener that C2C exists soullessly as a marketing tool, and Dreamcast is even worse. The Paracast has been the only show where I feel that the hosts are honestly looking for answers and aren't just out there to pimp author's books. If I hear Strieber say one more time how he feels an "impression" about how important his guest's latest work is, I'm going to go crazy. I know we all have our pet theories, (personally I'm into the meditation/endogenous DMT/entity contact angle) but perhaps if all of those are evenly laid out on the table then the real answers will be somewhere in the middle. Thanks for your courage to question guests. Thank you for keeping open yet rational minds. Thank you for The Paracast.

I wholeheartedly agree with RedClover and wanted to add my two cents regarding David's closing comments from the last episode as I too have felt the same at times regarding my own interest in the paranormal.

We haven't learned much at all about the UFO phenomenon in the past 50-60 years but maintaining an open critical dialog to keep the topic alive is a necessity. This show recognizes the existence of the unknown and proves it worthy of rational debate and research. In these paradoxically polarized times the paranormal still gets cast off to the wayside in a civilization that pushes technological boundaries at an astounding rate while still losing and fooling itself in the false spirituality of the outdated and now politicized paradigms of fundamentalist religions.

I have a ton of unread UFO books I bought in a lot off eBay and I know I'm probably not going to learn anything earth-shattering from them. And I know that the next "new" UFO documentary on Discovery is not going to come through with proof of life beyond.

I do know that The Paracast has reinvigorated my own interest in the field and I think that Gene & David's style can really chip away at the crippling vanity of the mainstream and the endless infighting that has kept this field stuck in its tracks for so long.

Keep up the good work.

A really wonderful audience makes the effort totally worthwhile. Thanks to you all for the kind comments and support, it's nice to know that there's someone listening.

dB

If you read the work of Budd Hopkins, Stanton Friedman, Roger Leir and David Jacobs etc., you'll see that we have answers that we didn't have decades ago and that there has been changes in terms of what is being done and going on. However, with those answers comes new questions and it's this one step forward, one step backward sort of thing that makes it seem like there isn't much progress. But the ground our feet rest on is moving forward. Just hard to see. I guess it all depends on how much is "much" in the phrase, "We haven't learned or progressed much in ufology.", or similar statements.

I am please that we crazy ufo kooks have made more progress than the SETI "scientists". They've made none, to our little-moderate amount. It is odd that I have heard Seth Shostak say we've made NO progress in the 50 years of ufology. People like him is partially to blame btw. Although SETI hasn't been around 50 years, it has for nearly thirty give or take a few. It has had a easier ride, funding and tools that can search the distant past as well as vastness of space. While ufologists are stuck here having to luck out for glimpses of sneaky advanced beings while dealing with lack of funding and ridicule. Seth's comment I find hypocritical. He is someone who gives statements like that, yet is ok with his own lack of progress. When his field does not progress, it's because of not enough time, money, and support, and the nature of what is trying to be done etc. He doesn't grant ufology that regard however. Criticizes it and does no active investigating instead. Why doesn't he blame ridicule, lack of support and fundings, and the nature of the beast in regards to ufos too? The bias puzzles me.

I personally have answers (or at least comfortable leanings towards some based on data) that I didn't have when I first started around 2 decades ago. With those answers come more questions though.

If what I have been seeing of late in regards to the media is a sign of things to come, then tremendous progress has just been made. Some fair treatment of the subject of ufos has been occurring of late. Not sure if it's because of the work of ufologist, aliens, or what, but thought I'd mention it because I view it as progress and a significant one.

Oh. The Paracast can be considered progress from Fart Hell's show. Sorry, Art Bell.

I wanted to jump in and say that I have really been enjoying the Paracast. I have been listening to the show for a little while now - I really appreciate the intelligent and rational approach taken when exploring these subjects.

I like the fact that someone is out there looking for the truth; whatever that turns out to be; and is willing to listen to the different view points. Before the Paracast I had no idea there were so many different view points in the paranormal.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say I really enjoy the Paracast, Keep up the great work; Happy 1 year of broadcasting and hope there are many more to come.

Back