• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I don't know what to think about this...

Sukrillux

Paranormal Novice
The object in this video looks like a blimp at first, but does something weird at the end. The voices on the video are in a different language... so, I have no clue what is being said. However, I find it odd that the person holding the camera doesn't say anything after the object just vanishes.

video slow motion

still frame 1

still frame 2

Is this a blimp or is it a fake? I'm sure that someone with expertise in video effects can debunk this one pretty quick.

Here's a thread I started months ago on this vid.

http://theparacast.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71

Few comments there.

Unfortunately the conversation turned to some ridiculus flying car discussion. A couple other ufo vids are posted there too though.

I still haven't acquired anymore info. on the vid. Everyone who's commented on it here and elsewhere think it's fake. At least so far as I have read.

The slow motion vid linked here I can't get to work. Anyone else having problems with it?

How about this one?

If this one isn't real, then my abilities to sniff out a fake are completely hopeless.

Not too easy to detect fakes without appropriate tools and originals etc. Unless it's maybe something Billy Meier has done:) The naked eye isn't a good stand alone tool these days, if they ever were. Especially when looking at youtube vids.

turblom79 said:
If that is a fake, then whoevr fake it has some serious skills!

Not really. It's good, don't get me wrong but there's some obvious artifacts if you know what you're looking for.

As for the second video, it looks legit but hardly suspicious. Freaky lightning, jets flying in formation through cloud banks or any other number of mundane explanations could cover that.

CapnG said:
Not really. It's good, don't get me wrong but there's some obvious artifacts if you know what you're looking for.

As for the second video, it looks legit but hardly suspicious. Freaky lightning, jets flying in formation through cloud banks or any other number of mundane explanations could cover that.

I'd have thought you would have gone for the "military flare" explanation. I've never seen lightning behave like that before.

Did anyone ever explain the Phoenix Lights?

My first impression was, "Flares" (as to the most recent vid posted). However the behavior was different than what I would expect.

Yes Phoenix lights have been explained basically. At least the vids that got shown the most. Another media blunder. The intitial earlier video shot by a fire chief, or volunteer fire man (I forget) is of a genuine ufo it seems. This hardly got dealt with.

Check Bruce Maccabee's site for the flare explanation.

I lean heavily toward the flare drop being a decoy to devert attention away from the genuine ufo vid. It worked.

Tony2007 said:
Did anyone ever explain the Phoenix Lights?

There are many theories. Personally, I think the military explanation makes the most sense (using flares for night-time operations). More importantly, it does the most damage because it gets people arguing about whether or not they really were flares and stops them from asking "Wait, why was the military conducting classified nightime operations that close to Phoenix?"

I could see some artifacts showing up in the video that I posted, but the artifacts that I saw could have possibly been caused by compression. I am not a video expert by any means, but I am a graphic artist. I know what to look for in images, not so keen on video. I thought the "jump" into what seems to be nothing at the end was rather interesting looking in slow motion. It takes all of about 3 to 5 frames to light up and disappear. It looked credible to me, but I am no expert.

The vid that Tony2007 posted looks a lot like flares burning out from a distance. I am no expert on flares either, but it looks like they could be dropping below the clouds right before burning out. This would create the effect of a very short burn-time and no visual presence of an aircraft. I was waiting to see a jet fly out from behind the clouds, but the video doesn't run that long... It seems to cut off right when there would be something appear from behind the clouds. In the Phoenix lights case, the "lights" in question actually stayed in the air for what some said to have been 20 minutes. I don't see a flare showing that behavior unless it's being held up by something. Even so, I don't see a flare burning for 20 minutes. I could be wrong. I think the biggest credible thing that happened that night was the ginormous V-shaped craft that flew over the city. Hundreds saw it. Some said that you could not block this thing out with an unfolded newspaper outstretched in front of them. I heard one witness describe the stars behind the object looked "wavy" as the thing passed over completely silent. This would be an effect of the propulsion, one would seem to think. It's funny that the same type of "wavy" effect was described by the O'Hare employee who came forward... saying that the top of the craft was as sharp and well-defined as could be, but the bottom of the craft had a blurred or wavy look to it.

I didn't know that someone had already posted this vid and I apologize for re-posting, but I should have searched before hand. Thanks for the replies!

edit: the slow motion video is a .mov file and should work on Macs and PCs (as long as quicktime is installed)

After rewatching the vid a few times I'm fairly convinced it's flares. Before I had the impression that the flares were moving sideways rather fast. This isn't the case to me now.

Anyone seen that Berlin Wall ufo vid? Do any of you think they were flares? The video was taken around the time, or the day the wall came down reportedly.

Several weeks ago I watched this video numerous times and made a couple of still photos where the lights turned on around the edge. I enlarged these photos for a closer study and the enlargement showed vertical lines in the blue sky. I still have a strong tendency to believe it is real but the vertical lines that I saw indicated the possibility that it was a projection on a video screen. That would mean two projections on a screen (one of the buildings and another of the UFO) while a camera was filming the result. This would mean a video (movie) somewhere of such a ship type. I have never seen such a movie but then I don't know much about the movies in China, or any other foreign countries for that matter. I have seen and photographed several UFOs and I am inclined to credit this video as being a real UFO. When my night time UFO photos are enlarged dramatically they show a quilt work type of pattern in the night sky. I believe that quilt work type of pattern to be an indication of the alien cloaking material that covered a large part of the airspace above the photo location. :confused: I know they exist and I know they are here in large number.

Sorry about the double post. I tried to edit to add new information but it didn't work.

If the slow video doesn't work for you -- give it time to load and for the marker to move to the far right then place your cursor on the marker and move it to the left. You can stop anywhere you want in this short section of the video. You can stop on the spot where the seven lights appear and get a good look at that frame.

Back