• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I don't get the enviromental thing....

quantumleap

Paranormal Novice
Hi! I'm new to this forum, but not to "The Paracast." I love the show. And for the record, I have had a very profound UFO experience myself ,that changed the way I think about everything.

Last night I was listening to the Jim Sparks' interview and like so many contactees, he too believed aliens was interested in helping us save ourselves from destroying our enviroment. Well, I have questions:

1. Why would they care if we destroy the earth? They must be aware the earth could go any time with a super valcano, polar shifts, asteroids, etc... The earth is destined to be destroyed in some manner, as is everything else in the universe. Everthing changes! Atoms are just built that way.
2. If they can travel through time, couldn't they just go back and do what they need to do in any era?
. Shouldn't there be an X number of planets in the universe or even other dimensions to mine the same specific elements they may be harvesting on earth? Surely other planets have some of the same resources as earth.
4. Do they really care about us as a civilization? They certainly don't seem to respect our intelligence anymore than we respect the creatures we research on our planet.
5. Do you think maybe they are more concerned we might develop and use some great power of energy, resulting in destroying ourselves and cause a ripple in the universe that may adversely affect other solar systems much like a tsunami?
6. If they need our DNA to survive, why wouldn't they just grow us on another planet adaquate for our survival like we do cattle?
7. Do we even have the ability to conceive the idea of what these creatures are really about?

Last night's podcast really got me to thinking. I wonder if we have any spiritual value to these aliens of which we have little understanding. Spiritually, we may be very important to the universe.

Can't wait for the next show. Thanks!

quantumleap said:
1. Why would they care if we destroy the earth?

The same reason god cares about human souls. Humans have an egocentric need to view the universe with the assumption that everything sentient in the cosmos *must* be concerned about us. Remember, it took us a long time to concede that our planet wasn't the center of the whole cosmos.

2. If they can travel through time, couldn't they just go back and do what they need to do in any era?

That would depend; If they're simply after raw resources it would seem that they could hit a planet at any given time and generally find what they're looking for. If they're coming for a specific event, technology, individual, etc. then the specific time they visit will be of utmost importance.

3. Shouldn't there be an X number of planets in the universe or even other dimensions to mine the same specific elements they may be harvesting on earth? Surely other planets have some of the same resources as earth.

It is easy to assume that would be the case given the vastness of the cosmos. Until we find such planets (or explore the whole cosmos) we can't really know.

4. Do they really care about us as a civilization? They certainly don't seem to respect our intelligence anymore than we respect the creatures we research on our planet.

I guess that depends on whose UFO tales you believe.

5. Do you think maybe they are more concerned we might develop and use some great power of energy, resulting in destroying ourselves and cause a ripple in the universe that may adversely affect other solar systems much like a tsunami?

I don't see any technology on earth being able to cause a destructive "ripple" through the universe anytime soon. Remember, the universe is very, very, very, very, big. We can't affect Mars with our most destructive energy source, much less the universe.

6. If they need our DNA to survive, why wouldn't they just grow us on another planet adaquate for our survival like we do cattle?

Sounds reasonable to me. If they have the technology to zip across the universe it seems they'd be able to figure out DNA cloning. We certainly have figured it out.

7. Do we even have the ability to conceive the idea of what these creatures are really about?

Unless they have some aspect of their physical or mental nature that is beyond that of every other naturally occurring life form, I don't see why we couldn't 'conceive' of them.

Once again, $0.02 dropped by . . .

-DBTrek

quantumleap said:
Hi! I'm new to this forum, but not to "The Paracast." I love the show. And for the record, I have had a very profound UFO experience myself ,that changed the way I think about everything.

Last night I was listening to the Jim Sparks' interview and like so many contactees, he too believed aliens was interested in helping us save ourselves from destroying our enviroment. Well, I have questions:

1. Why would they care if we destroy the earth? They must be aware the earth could go any time with a super valcano, polar shifts, asteroids, etc... The earth is destined to be destroyed in some manner, as is everything else in the universe. Everthing changes! Atoms are just built that way.
. Shouldn't there be an X number of planets in the universe or even other dimensions to mine the same specific elements they may be harvesting on earth? Surely other planets have some of the same resources as earth.

Last night's podcast really got me to thinking. I wonder if we have any spiritual value to these aliens of which we have little understanding. Spiritually, we may be very important to the universe.

Can't wait for the next show. Thanks!

1. I suppose because they might be witnessing their own terrible history with destorying an ecosystem and want to prevent us from doing so. I've always thought that their incredible mobility has to be in part due to the lack of a home-world. The need to get around from place to place on such a scale as they do was probably the need to make their vessels their home.

2. Who says they can travel through time? Who says they haven't already traveled through time? Even if they could, we would still perceive everything in a linear fashion, ergo their time-traveling would just seem like normal UFO activity (if it can be called that).

3. Perhaps, but what percentage of those worlds develop in exactly the same conditions as Earth? With all the variables to take into account, I'd say the chances of finding a world exactly like Earth is slim.

4. This is really impossible to say. I don't think they can learn anything from us, and we're certainly millenia behind them if they can do half of what we imagine they're capable of.

5. Maybe. If we stumbled onto something like that, I'm sure they'd be interested in us not destroying all of existence everywhere. Humans do have a penchant for destruction.

6. Who says we're not being harvested as we speak? MOO!!

7. I think the human mind can concieve of vast and wonderful things. That being said, I think it's very possible we're actually over-estimating their intentions. Do they want to save us? Enlighten us? Use us? These are all spectacular possibilities, each one with their own set up consequences. I think they're waiting for us to take the next step with them, and phenomenon like at O'Hare are just reminders that they're there, and they're looking for unique individuals to come look for them.

That's the key, I think. I started looking into UFO phenomenon heavily just last year, not really having any personal experiences to speak of. I might have seen something as a kid, but I was four years old, and it's entirely possible that what I saw was just an airplane, and I was imprinting a UFO over top of it. The things is, in all of my "research" (if it can be called that), I started getting a voice in my head that said, "Look for us."

I think at this point, ETs aren't interested in Earth as a whole, they're interested in the individuals who are willing to believe they're around, and who want to take the next step in our evolution. I think there comes a point when technology can only take human consciousness so far. At some point, our ability to transcend physical limitations has to come from within, not just without. Matter is subject to the laws of physics except when moved by the immaterial. Therein, in my opinion, lies the truth to all of this.

Religious nonsense aside, blind environmentalism is the de facto religion of ufology and folks lacking in critical thinking skills. Ufologists since the 50s (at least) have taken Christian eschatology, replaced the salvation of the soul with the salvation of the planet, changed the names of two characters and repackaged it to gullible people via book, radio show, dvd, conventions, etc.

It tickles me to no end when I hear someone who virulently dislikes established religion willingly partake of the standard ufological fare.

Search my responses in other topics..
I describe that I believe it can be explained DEFINITIVELY through natural selection thought experiments.

I would suggest that the earth is important to them for some reason, so while they may be urging us to think in environmental terms there's nothing that suggests to me it's simply for our potential benefit but rather something they want. If the future-ancestor angle is true for example, then perhaps we're nearing some sort of temporal nexus, a point where major timeline events converge and they're trying to ensure their own survival since we are them. Just a thought.

If our own development is any sort of guide, the first aliens we encounter will be explorers.

The next wave will be conquerors (or if we're lucky, traders).

The loving, concerned aliens that want to save us from ourselves sound a little too touchy-feely to inhabit the universe I observe.

. . . but to each their own.

-DBTrek

Why anyone would invest so much as a mustard seed of creedence in any communications the so called "visitors" deem fit to pass along utterly baffles me. If there is one sure, irrefutable fact we have learned about them in the last sixty years, it is that they are pathological liars. Always keep that in mind.

My take on it is this. I believe that "they", whatever they are, have been visiting us for thousands of years. Ancient religious and cultural tales along with modern abduction accounts suggest to me that their consistent interest in humanity is genetic in nature. I don't know what they may ultimately be studying or looking for but the only semi-consistent thread I can see weaving its way throughout many stories is that they are very interested in human genetics and biology. Why, I don't know but since there is so much interest in the genetics of man, they might worry about the environment because it is altering the outcome of their experiment or producing genetic anomolies that they never had to consider before. If they are simply monitoring genetics to watch how we evolve then I cant imagine why they'd be too concerned. However

If they have an end goal as to where our evolution is taking us, and we're throwing monkey wrenches into their gears, or

They share the planet with us and we're screwing with their atmosphere also or

They really are just concerned with our well being

then I can see why they would be worried about our environment. Otherwise, I haven't been able to figure out why "they" would be so environmentally conscious either.

This leads me into another question. What do people here think about the work of Zecharia Sitchin?

hopeful skeptic said:
Religious nonsense aside, blind environmentalism is the de facto religion of ufology and folks lacking in critical thinking skills. Ufologists since the 50s (at least) have taken Christian eschatology, replaced the salvation of the soul with the salvation of the planet, changed the names of two characters and repackaged it to gullible people via book, radio show, dvd, conventions, etc.

It tickles me to no end when I hear someone who virulently dislikes established religion willingly partake of the standard ufological fare.

I don't quite get your meaning. Are you suggesting that people who are interested in UFOs or the Paranormal and like to explore the possibilities are operating under the same sort of regimented devotion to faith as - say - a fundamentalist (regardless of the stripe)? Does a presence on this message board constitute "partaking" of the "standard UFOlogical fare?"

I certainly don't disagree that the UFO/Paranormal/Conspiracy Theory arenas have their fundamentalists (I've addressed how counterproductive that is on another thread) and their devotion to whatever "truth" someone is selling this week is potentially just as dangerous as any other brand of fanaticism but I think your statement doesn't illustrate the absurd irony of that sort of individual's vague, often baseless hostility toward conventional religions.

It might just be my inference but your sweeping generalization seems more like a roughly sketched attempt to point out everyone else's hypocrisy and completely disregards a very important point of nuance e.g. It tickles me to no end when I hear a Christian talk about taking his child to a natural history museum.

Without further definition that sort of statement is churlishly moot.

Back