• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I.d.e. Thomas's UFO theory

Sean Elifritz

Administrator
Seeins' how some people believe something very dramatic might happen in 2012 (Perhaps the end of the world, Armageddon, pole shift, etc.) what do y'all think of this man's UFO theory? I just ran into this guy's theories an hour or two ago so I don't necessarily agree with them. But I did find it interesting to listen to.

Total and complete bull shit about describes it. We had a discussion along these lines a few months ago. Elements of the Fundamentalist Christian Militia arrived to defend their God and Jesus, but no one else believes it. About the most erudite you'll get on this stuff is here: What is Christian View of Aliens? Part 1 | UFO Religions, but if you are into this, you're living on a different planet than most of us.

Total and complete bull shit about describes it. We had a discussion along these lines a few months ago. Elements of the Fundamentalist Christian Militia arrived to defend their God and Jesus, but no one else believes it. About the most erudite you'll get on this stuff is here: What is Christian View of Aliens? Part 1 | UFO Religions, but if you are into this, you're living on a different planet than most of us.

Lol, didn't say I was into it. Like I said I just ran across it a few hours ago. I'm not even a religious person. But I'm not hostile to religion either. The UFO occupants might very well be flesh and blood aliens but there are certain aspects of the phenomenon that seem to argue against that.

Didn't mean to make it sound personal. I should have said, 'If someone is into it, they are living on a different planet.' Sorry.

I only listened to the first video so may have missed something in the other two. But the first didn't strike me as odd, just more fundamentalist belief. All the Babtist preachers around me think the Nephilim are products of fallen angels and sinful womean and preach the same thing. Noah was perfect ... yadda.

They believe angels come from the sky too. Don't think a one of them believes that means they're aliens. That idea isn't fundamental enough for them.

I only listened to the first video so may have missed something in the other two. But the first didn't strike me as odd, just more fundamentalist belief. All the Babtist preachers around me think the Nephilim are products of fallen angels and sinful womean and preach the same thing. Noah was perfect ... yadda.

They believe angels come from the sky too. Don't think a one of them believes that means they're aliens. That idea isn't fundamental enough for them.

Yeah, I hadn't bumped into this particular play on it before. It was interesting to think about for an hour or so. Then I said, "Nahhhhhhhh."

Elements of the Fundamentalist Christian Militia arrived to defend their God and Jesus, but no one else believes it.

I guess i'm that element, and Schuyler is the element of the evolutionist dogmatic approach or I like to say, "close your eyes and scream" when the evidence doesn't fit sect.

If you want to read about UFO's and Christian perspective (I know, read, ewww, do you have a quick video to watch, that's all I need!)

Try Micheal Heiser, who is on Fate Magazines list of 100 most important people in UFOlogy.

UFO Religions

heres a video, haven't listened to it yet but he's speaking on the topic:
XCon 2004 - Michael Heiser, Ph.D. - Could Christianity Accomodate an ET Reality

Very interesting, stuff if your into thinking, not just following blind dogma :) FYI 100 dollar bet, no one comments on anything but the video.

Sit Schuyler Sit, good Schuyler... now spew pre-programmed rhetoric!

Why do you have to make it personal, uberdoink? Why do you feel compelled to insult people personally? It's not necessary. You could make your points without doing that, but you just have to be insulting. Is that part of the Christian message? Does being irrelevantly make you feel good?

I've read this guy already. He's in a world all his own. Frankly, he bores the shit out of me. He sheds no light on the situation. As far as the angels and demons thing. It's just about the finniest thing I have ever heard. They may be good enough to scare little kids into behaving, but most kids get over that along with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I guess some never do.

He represents a good example of a Cargo Cult. Jesus is coming again. When? Right now--just around the corner. Of course, Paul said that in 60 AD. Jesus was coming again, any day now, so prepare yourself for his imminent return.

It's been 750,000 days. We're still waiting.

yep because we know 2000 thousand years of tradition, history and knowledges couldn't possibly shed light on UFO's. dumb religious people with their time tested ideologies.

Why do you have to make it personal, uberdoink? Why do you feel compelled to insult people personally? It's not necessary. You could make your points without doing that, but you just have to be insulting. Is that part of the Christian message? Does being irrelevantly make you feel good?.

... yes :D

Back