• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

I Accidently Found Something Odd On The Moon Looking Through LROC Ultra Res Images

SiGiL

Paranormal Maven
So I recently stumbled (yesterday) on a Reddit forum with Nasa's LROC images (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) 680 gigapixels of valid image data covering a region of the Moon. So I click on it, and I immediately start zooming in to a random part of the massive collection of great quality images (10,581 of them to be exact)
Available PUBLICLY I might add...Mmm'kay... Gigapan | Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Camera You're very welcome.... AND....Dunn dun dunnnnn... I find this moon anomaly resembling snake tracks on sand of the lunar surface! :0 I don't know what to think of it, but scientist have discovered not too long ago that the moon DOES indeed have a thin atmosphere, and signs of H20, so who knows? Possible signs of life?! Or some natural occurring phenomenon that I'm not aware of. It also looks like its going inside a small creature lol Or coming from it. Can't make this stuff up folks (Or maybe you can) :D Please chime in folks and look for yourselves.

I've attached images where I found it, and where it is, so you guys can find it. Cheers!
Also, I don't think we (US) or and other country has landed anything there, so that kinda rules that out.

Untitled7.jpg Untitled6.jpg Untitled5.jpg Untitled4.jpg Untitled3.jpg Untitled2.jpg Untitled.jpg

Not trying to burst your bubble, but the rock's movement likely occurred a long, long time ago and was due to a meteor impact. This fact is made even more likely because the rock's tracks appear to be obscured by much smaller inpact craters.
Here:
moon1.png

And here:
moon2.png

Rolling moon boulder photographed by Nasa

"But far from being a recent event, the impact craters along the rim of the track suggest the rock moved as long as 100 million years ago.

Lunar scientist James Ashley wrote: "A casual glance might suggest that it happened last week, or even that its rolling might resume at any moment. However, closer inspection will detect a few craters that clearly superpose and therefore post-date the track, showing that this 9-metre diameter boulder stopped rolling some time ago."

Experts use density of craters to approximately date events on the moon's surface. They assume a roughly steady number of meteorite impacts over time, with smaller impacts being more common than large ones.

Mr Ashley added: "Though long ago to humans, however, this boulder's journey was made in geologically recent times. Studies suggest that regolith development from micrometeorite impacts will erase tracks like these over time intervals of tens of millions of years."

Not trying to burst your bubble, but the rock's movement likely occurred a long, long time ago and was due to a meteor impact. This fact is made even more likely because the rock's tracks appear to be obscured by much smaller inpact craters.
Here:
moon1.png

And here:
moon2.png

Rolling moon boulder photographed by Nasa

"But far from being a recent event, the impact craters along the rim of the track suggest the rock moved as long as 100 million years ago.

Lunar scientist James Ashley wrote: "A casual glance might suggest that it happened last week, or even that its rolling might resume at any moment. However, closer inspection will detect a few craters that clearly superpose and therefore post-date the track, showing that this 9-metre diameter boulder stopped rolling some time ago."

Experts use density of craters to approximately date events on the moon's surface. They assume a roughly steady number of meteorite impacts over time, with smaller impacts being more common than large ones.

Mr Ashley added: "Though long ago to humans, however, this boulder's journey was made in geologically recent times. Studies suggest that regolith development from micrometeorite impacts will erase tracks like these over time intervals of tens of millions of years."

No not at all, it's a possibility that I didn't think of. Thank you actually.

No not at all, it's a possibility that I didn't think of. Thank you actually.

You are very welcome. ETs or not, I still like to geek out on the Lunar and Mars pictures from time to time. I still find it amazing that we can explore the moon and Mars with a click of the mouse these days!

You are very welcome. ETs or not, I still like to geek out on the Lunar and Mars pictures from time to time. I still find it amazing that we can explore the moon and Mars with a click of the mouse these days!

Well I didn't think it was ET, it was odd to me, of course I can't rule out life in general, but it would be I guess to a untrained lunar observer like myself :D And I know! It's awesome, especially the high- res ones like this one.

Back