• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

History of narcistic Gods, annunaki, jezus & other so-called 'gods'

pappavis

Skilled Investigator
I wanna give you my take on the Christian "God", Annunaki and Ego.

The christian God is a narcist. It is a individual who knew/know the benfits of faith healing, using it to its own advantage. It my theory, and hope to get some opnions from members on this forum.

Has anyone know the purpose of emotional devotion in relgioun???

Way back in my youth my parents raised me strictly protestant religious. God is portrayed as a individual being. The old man with the long white beard. Fast forward year 2005. My g/f who was raised agnostic neither atheist nor religious considered the Christian God an narcisst. You know what narcisst do?, they are kind provided one 'voluntarily' submit to their will. Another characteristic is punishment and rule by fear. Victims will often be brainwashed that salvation is in the greatness of the individual which they obey.
The narcist revels, excels in his ego about this adoration. It’s his emotional food often it also derives physical goods from such mind-bending sickness. Not only that but he feels more empowered, stronger and goes on to more greatness.
Big, successful business people are most likely to be narcists. My elder brother portrays himself as the Christian God. He won’t admit it, but his behavior is exactly as described above. The same which is demanded by the Christian 'God'. The one and only 'true God'. Ha!! The sci-fi series Stargate: SG-1 really portrayed this religious crap perfectly as it is!

Which brings me to a new point.. An idea which I got from watching season 10 of Stargate SG-1. In that season the Ori was narcistic ascended sprites who reaped emotional benefit, aka 'food' from their faithfull worshippers and true to narcists promising all kindsa benefits for the believers.

What do you know about healing by faith? For example, when a huge mass of True Believers prays for the well being + health of a beloved mortally sick individual. Did you do any research on this..? I read / watched some YouTube vids, where it was claimed healing by faith does happen regardless of time, distance or relation. Thinking about the individual in question is sufficient. Imagine a woman called 'Sandra' is ill, but the planet has 400million Sandra’s. Being instructed to pray for a Sandra, but everyone thinks about the same individual is enough and the healing will reach that certain specific person!
By healing mortally sick cancer patient is miraculously healed within 3 days after 7 days no sign of cancer anymore. Dunno the truth. Do you?

Maybe, sum1, very long time ago, maybe millions of years ago figured out that healing by faith DOES 'work'.

IF faith healing can really cure a person regardless of distance.
IF >=2 billion faithful believers pray and send best whishes 24x7 year in, year out.
IF the faithful are promised a future, where they continue devotion to the God, even AFTER their own physical demise..
THEN this 'god' / individual, reaps the healing benefits, even when the souls does not inhabit a body on earth. WTF?!?!,

The Christian bible says that the souls will be rewarded of being eternally in the presence of their ' God'. Even then, this 'God' will continue receiving healing benefits. Aka cured of illness bcs the souls VOLANTARILY submit themselves to its will.

BUT, then another sucker also wanted sum healing benefits, so he incarnated as Jezus. In protestant church, the way to God is via Jezus. So now, instead of healing going to the 'one and only God' it’s sent to Jesus. In-fucking-genious engineered!!!
But, jezus was just one of MANY copy-cats. Just how many Gods is their being adored in various places on the world.. sum of them may have had serious, honest true good intentions.. sum of them, well, doubtful..

What i need to do is.. start my own religion, my own band of faithful sheep. Let them iconize me, even after my physical demise the benefits would (in theory) be blessed upon me.

What is the purpose of emotional devotion in relgioun?

Yeah, elder brothers eh? I know exactly what you're on about (there).

I too believe in the power of prayer. What the medium is, whether God or the 'collective', I don't know (maybe the collective is God).

I have a little trouble with the apparent many-faces of God as recorded by those pesky and inaccurate human beings. For example, in the Old Testament he appears, as you say, to be quite Narcissistic or at the very least jealous and selfish which, in the Bible, He admits to being -- so honest too. Whereas in the New Testament He gets a better branding by Jesus Christ and is exemplified as a more kinder and gentler God.

Say what you will Pappavis, many of Jesus' messages were pretty cool -- particularly those shared through his parables.

As an aside, when He says that He is a "jealous god" it appears that He is confirming or I am inferring the existence of other gods (no?).

Which may lead you and I back to the same road -- the quest to find evidence of the Ancient Astronaut Theory..

Has anyone know the purpose of emotional devotion in relgioun???

Control.

I was raised in a fundamentalist, protestant, pentecostal environment (and am an atheist now.) I theorized at one "revival" that if there are 10 or 50 or 200 or 500 or 10,000 people with minds focused on one particular thing...they can make it happen. Especially if they have common emotional energy and common emotional belief.

See "Tulpa or "The Slender Man."

Control.

I was raised in a fundamentalist, protestant, pentecostal environment (and am an atheist now.) I theorized at one "revival" that if there are 10 or 50 or 200 or 500 or 10,000 people with minds focused on one particular thing...they can make it happen. Especially if they have common emotional energy and common emotional belief.

See "Tulpa or "The Slender Man."

This reminds me of the story of the Jewish man who went to the wailing wall every day for 50 years, a news reporter got wind of his devotion, and waylaid him oneday.

"I hear you have prayed at the wall everyday for the last 50 years" she asks
"Thats true" he replies
"What do you pray for ?" she asks
"World peace" he says
"And do you think your prayers have been answered in any way ?" she says
"NO, says our devotee, its like banging your head against a brick wall......."

Im not entirely convinced focus can make things happen, every year in december ppl focus on "peace and goodwill" for all men.....
And the wars wage on.
Ppl pray for the sick and poor, yet hunger and disease still ride the land with the other horsemen.

It seems to me that if the focused power of prayer were real, there would be no starving children in the third world

My comments below are not directed at anyone in particular. Rather, to the "believer" in general.

Its easier to pray for things and hope an invisible man that lives in the clouds will magically answer them than it is to get off your ass and do something to rectify the situation. In my opinion, prayers are never answered. Whether or not their is a God, he/she/it doesn't listen to them.

It pisses me off when I hear people attribute bullshit prayer to something going right for them. "Oh, I prayed for the lord to help us make the rent and god bless us we did." Bullshit. No? I am sure this post will anger someone here. If so, I ask you to explain why this persons rent prayer was answered but a parents prayer to have their son or daughter returned after they are kidnapped gets overlooked. Why is it that this person can glorify the deity that felt it more worth his while to answer the rent prayer, or some other such trivial B.S. prayer but completely turn a blind eye to the ones where a child is brutally raped and then killed. Explain that to me and maybe we can talk about your so called benevolent deity.

What kind of God would abandon a child to that fate if the rules allowed him/her/it to intervene? None that deserve worship, I'll tell you that.

The two most common retorts I have heard when I bring this up:

1) We have free will and god wont go against that!
I say: Bullshit. Isn't that what your absurd prayer stuff is supposed to allow him/her/it to do? After all, it was free will that allowed you or others to contribute to why you cant pay the rent in the first place. So this prayer stuff is supposed to allow God to give you or someone you are praying for the benefit of a mulligan.

2) It is all part of Gods plan. We cant see Gods plan so it can seem harsh or unfathomable to us.
I say: More Bullshit. Any plan that allows children to be raped and murdered is a terrible f@#$%!g plan. You honestly want me to swallow that this omniscient, all powerful, and benevolent god that loves all of us couldn't think of a way to execute this "plan" of his/her/it's without including the brutal murder and sexual assault of the innocent? If not then this God has issues.

So for me if their is a deity, then all evidence says it doesn't honesty care and prayer doesn't matter. If it makes you feel better, fine. But please ubiquitous believer person, stop trying to convince me that it does.

Control.

It's funny, I was kind of thinking about this the other day. I was raised in "the church" as we say in the south. My background sounds similar to yours. Anyway, I saw some stuff and I also wonder about the reality of a group focused on somthing. I was thinking about Africa and Haiti and other aboriginal groups who also seem to manifest spritual energy. What is/are the source/sources? Anyway, just something I was thinking about and this post caught my interest today.

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

My comments below are not directed at anyone in particular. Rather, to the "believer" in general.

Its easier to pray for things and hope an invisible man that lives in the clouds will magically answer them than it is to get off your ass and do something to rectify the situation. In my opinion, prayers are never answered. Whether or not their is a God, he/she/it doesn't listen to them.

It pisses me off when I hear people attribute bullshit prayer to something going right for them. "Oh, I prayed for the lord to help us make the rent and god bless us we did." Bullshit. No? I am sure this post will anger someone here. If so, I ask you to explain why this persons rent prayer was answered but a parents prayer to have their son or daughter returned after they are kidnapped gets overlooked. Why is it that this person can glorify the deity that felt it more worth his while to answer the rent prayer, or some other such trivial B.S. prayer but completely turn a blind eye to the ones where a child is brutally raped and then killed. Explain that to me and maybe we can talk about your so called benevolent deity.

What kind of God would abandon a child to that fate if the rules allowed him/her/it to intervene? None that deserve worship, I'll tell you that.

I say: Bullshit. Isn't that what your absurd prayer stuff is supposed to allow him/her/it to do? After all, it was free will that allowed you or others to contribute to why you cant pay the rent in the first place. So this prayer stuff is supposed to allow God to give you or someone you are praying for the benefit of a mulligan.

2) It is all part of Gods plan. We cant see Gods plan so it can seem harsh or unfathomable to us.
I say: More Bullshit. Any plan that allows children to be raped and murdered is a terrible f@#$%!g plan. You honestly want me to swallow that this omniscient, all powerful, and benevolent god that loves all of us couldn't think of a way to execute this "plan" of his/her/it's without including the brutal murder and sexual assault of the innocent? If not then this God has issues.

So for me if their is a deity, then all evidence says it doesn't honesty care and prayer doesn't matter. If it makes you feel better, fine. But please ubiquitous believer person, stop trying to convince me that it does.

Wow, two post on the same thread that kind of resonate with me today. As one of those believer persons that do pray I have to be honest. I read the other day about one of the tornados that hit the south and midwest. The damn thing took a baby out of it's mothers arms and pretty much wiped out a whole family. Can I explain it? NO. Was it karma? maybe but if so then I really, really don't understand f...kin karma. Was it God? God to me is that first consciuness or ground of being. I am that I am and that God would not need to kill babies in order to make the world work. Was it Satan? I gotta tell you that I've had some experience with this type of "energy" and I can't tell you for sure if it was an objective reality or a psycological response to something but it was real. Still, no I don't think devils go around sending tornados to kill babies. Is there life after death? I don't know. If there is then at least we can know that the babie is now still able to evolve spritually and wasn't robbed completely of exisistence. Is there obliblivion? I don't know but if there is then I guess it's over now and isn't even consquential to the rest of the animals left here in the long run. So, why pray? Well, I've thought of this one long and hard. I still struggle with this one. Prayer connects me with the reality of my being. It soothes me and at times I have even found inspiration and beleive it or not a deliverance from mental/spirutal anquish. But, it's not a get out of jail free card and no I can't justify bad things happening to good people. So, will I continue to pray? As long as breath is in my body.

The above was simply something I wrote because Ron got me to thinking about it. It is not an attempt to "prove" God or the power of prayer. It is not an attempt to convert the lost (since I think we are all asleep more than lost but that's a whole nother story) It was just something I felt like writing. All I ask is you take it in the spirit it is written and don't bother to demand "scientific proof" or cuss me out as a sky god worshping creationist idiot. It is simply a human response to what I consider an honest post by Ron and also a post that contains alot of my own feelings beleive it or not.

Peace.
Steve

I don't think that anyone has ever stated an opinion on this forum that I agree with more.
You pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly.

Thank you Ron.

Any plan that allows children to be raped and murdered is a terrible f@#$%!g plan.

A point that is hard to argue with for sure. It brings to mind that if real, then most supernatural beings and aliens would be by all normal human standards be criminals of the highest order. Both human glory and cruelty are magnified in them. I think the reason is because the stories that have been generated about these things all came from human minds. They are human stories and the beings in them, all by necessity of their creation, have human motivations and characteristics. By extension all the wonderful plans show the same sign of human flaw and frailty.

So angry Ron. I will pray for you. No...I won't--just kidding. You make some (very) valid points. My own anecdotal experience mixed with my not unusual human trend toward superstition have made me a believer in the deity. I still don't know what it truly is or really if it truly exists in the form that we are most used to hearing about (Gilliamesque bearded man in clouds) -- I think I might even be called an agnostic. I have been known to crack open the Bible once in a while. I have no interest, however, in trying to convince you or any one else of why I believe what I believe (don't really know myself)--I just ask not to be ridiculed for it or treated as a pariah for going about my business and discussing it once in a while with those who want to.

My own anecdotal experience mixed with my not unusual human trend toward superstition have made me a believer in the deity.

I commend you on your self-awareness. Certainly, we seem predisposed as a species to detect patterns and attribute meaning to them where there really are none. Being aware of it and being in the troughs of it are two different things however. Sometimes one precludes the other but sometimes not.

Honestly I have no problem with a person believing in God. My intuition tells me that there is something beyond chance biological/chemical occurrence. But that is where it stops for me. I just do not see how we can interpret anything about why, how, who, or whatever else "God" is or wants. Its not the belief itself that chaps me, it is the self-righteous certainty that they have the answer. Thats what kills me.

Us, even asking the question is remarkable, if you look at our past.

I'm a Jung - ' fanboy', don't get religious on me. :)

Yes, historically some sort of religious belief has been the human norm. The really interesting question is why that has (to some extent) changed. I've never been satisfied with the usual "rise of science" answer. The death of a child is far more devastating evidence against (say) a loving God than any scientific theory could possibly be, yet for millenia people took childhood death for granted and remained in various faiths. So what's different now?

Well said Ron,
This video is along the same lines

Why doesnt god heal amputees...........

Yes, historically some sort of religious belief has been the human norm. The really interesting question is why that has (to some extent) changed. I've never been satisfied with the usual "rise of science" answer. The death of a child is far more devastating evidence against (say) a loving God than any scientific theory could possibly be, yet for millenia people took childhood death for granted and remained in various faiths. So what's different now?

I have a theory. For centuries child death was expected. If a family had 4 children perhaps one would die before the age of say 12. (if pressed I will go get real statistics) Medical science now makes child death much more uncommon. Therefore, faith based coping mechanisms have to be entertained less often by society in general. Centuries of praying that little Billy will make it and then he doesn't feeds the need for that coping mechanism. Then medical science enters the picture and starts to have unprecedented success. Now it is in our hands. Death in general and especially violent or sudden death becomes harder to deal with because we are not used to it. So as a result of this, we start to question old "truths" and wisdom. Leaching or Bleeding become obsolete and is shown to be a bullshit practice that can cause compounded issues for the patient, etc. Also, our coping mechanisms start to be questioned. We start to objectively look at religion and ask ourselves how much sense it really makes. How much does it help, in what ways, and in what frequency.

I am not sure if i am right, but it makes sense to me.

I have a theory. For centuries child death was expected. If a family had 4 children perhaps one would die before the age of say 12. (if pressed I will go get real statistics) Medical science now makes child death much more uncommon. Therefore, faith based coping mechanisms have to be entertained less often by society in general. Centuries of praying that little Billy will make it and then he doesn't feeds the need for that coping mechanism. Then medical science enters the picture and starts to have unprecedented success. Now it is in our hands. Death in general and especially violent or sudden death becomes harder to deal with because we are not used to it. So as a result of this, we start to question old "truths" and wisdom. Leaching or Bleeding become obsolete and is shown to be a bullshit practice that can cause compounded issues for the patient, etc. Also, our coping mechanisms start to be questioned. We start to objectively look at religion and ask ourselves how much sense it really makes. How much does it help, in what ways, and in what frequency.

I am not sure if i am right, but it makes sense to me.

Good analysis Ron. I'd add that science has taken a great deal of the mysticism out of the way the world works as well. We know the "why" to a lot of things that previous generations of humans didn't know. Modern science treatises don't usually end with "because that's the way God wants it."

Back