• NEW! LOWEST RATES EVER -- SUPPORT THE SHOW AND ENJOY THE VERY BEST PREMIUM PARACAST EXPERIENCE! Welcome to The Paracast+, eight years young! For a low subscription fee, you can download the ad-free version of The Paracast and the exclusive, member-only, After The Paracast bonus podcast, featuring color commentary, exclusive interviews, the continuation of interviews that began on the main episode of The Paracast. We also offer lifetime memberships! Flash! Take advantage of our lowest rates ever! Act now! It's easier than ever to susbcribe! You can sign up right here!

Subscribe to The Paracast Newsletter!

Hi...new member

Nancy

Paranormal Novice
Totally new to this site. Heard more beeps this morning and thought I'd google (sometimes the internet is so great) to see if anyone else has had these experiences (2 beeps out of nowhere... no electronics around). Found an old thread on this site so thought I'd join the group. Maybe y'all can help shed light on other strange experiences from my past as well. Hope everyone has a great day.

Totally new to this site. Heard more beeps this morning and thought I'd google (sometimes the internet is so great) to see if anyone else has had these experiences (2 beeps out of nowhere... no electronics around). Found an old thread on this site so thought I'd join the group. Maybe y'all can help shed light on other strange experiences from my past as well. Hope everyone has a great day.
I'll second Ron Away in welcoming you. Please feel free to share whatever experiences you're comfortable with sharing. We're a fair-minded bunch who although skeptical have also had strange things happen to us too!

Thanks to you both for the warm welcome.
First to the matter of this morning that led me to your site....i have no digital watch. This morning as i was debating whether to get up or enjoy the warmth of my bed for a bit longer... although i was WIDE awake... suddenly 2 quick beeps like an old digital watch. Right beside me. Husband sleeping no watch on. This isn't first time i have heard beeps but first time so close. Totally freaked me out. Enough that i got out of bed right away and just got ready for work.
Interestingly enough, when i got to work... over an hour earlier than usual...i learned there was a meeting i had completely forgotten about. And now i was only about ten minutes early. If i had missed the meeting it wouldn't have been big deal since it was just a webex.... but it gave me some information that i really am going to be able to play off of strategically for my career. And immediately... like this week. So the beeps that led me to your site this morning are now making me wonder if someone was trying to tell me something (ie. that i needed to get out of bed and get to work early...).
So the beeps aren't new. This sort of result from them are.
But this sort of "coincidence" in itself isn't a new thing either. Which leads to more stories....

I had a similar thing and it turned out to be a 'cat scarer' :
Cat repeller - Wikipedia

It is supposed to be inaudible to human ears, so I think it was broken.
It has since been removed thankfully.

Other people have reported similar here:

Garden Law Discussion • View topic - Noisey cat deterrent

and here:

Ultrasonic cat scarer high pitch sound ,will the council do anything about the noise? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

there are more if you google:

"cat scarer beeping"

I think that it could potentially be heard from a quite a long way away depending on geography/architecture and weather/atmospheric conditions, maybe even through a closed window or even a wall.

Maybe worth having a look around and or asking neighbours if they have heard similar.

they are relatively cheap to buy:

Having looked a bit more on one sellers website* it may not a faulty unit, but one that is badly set:

Frequency Settings

This repeller devices allow you to change the output frequency, enabling you to have the most effective solution for your particular pest problem. Listed below are the types of animals that these repellers can be used against and the most effective setting for each.

Working from left to right (from the smallest dot to the largest)

• Cats - Between 3 - 5
  • Dogs - Between 3 - 4
  • Foxes - Between 3 - 6
  • Squirrels Between 2 - 7
  • Rodents - Between 2 - 7
  • Insects - Between 2 - 7
  • Roaches - Between 9 - 11
N.B If set on numbers one or two the chances of humans being able to hear this are greatly increased.

Also welcome to the forum.

*Set of 2 PestBye® Battery Operated Cat Repellers £24.99

I wonder if it was your subconscious waking you up.On the rare occasions I’ve forgotten to set my alarm Ive been woken up not by a beep but a cough.Even when living alone,I don’t believe it was a friendly ghost alarm call but my mind alerting me!.

I have heard “the hum”,that’s been heard by people across the world but have no idea if that’s relevant to your experience.

I had a similar thing and it turned out to be a 'cat scarer' :
Cat repeller - Wikipedia

It is supposed to be inaudible to human ears, so I think it was broken.
It has since been removed thankfully.

Other people have reported similar here:

Garden Law Discussion • View topic - Noisey cat deterrent

and here:

Ultrasonic cat scarer high pitch sound ,will the council do anything about the noise? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

there are more if you google:

"cat scarer beeping"

I think that it could potentially be heard from a quite a long way away depending on geography/architecture and weather/atmospheric conditions, maybe even through a closed window or even a wall.

Maybe worth having a look around and or asking neighbours if they have heard similar.

they are relatively cheap to buy:

Having looked a bit more on one sellers website* it may not a faulty unit, but one that is badly set:

Frequency Settings

This repeller devices allow you to change the output frequency, enabling you to have the most effective solution for your particular pest problem. Listed below are the types of animals that these repellers can be used against and the most effective setting for each.

Working from left to right (from the smallest dot to the largest)

• Cats - Between 3 - 5
  • Dogs - Between 3 - 4
  • Foxes - Between 3 - 6
  • Squirrels Between 2 - 7
  • Rodents - Between 2 - 7
  • Insects - Between 2 - 7
  • Roaches - Between 9 - 11
N.B If set on numbers one or two the chances of humans being able to hear this are greatly increased.

Also welcome to the forum.

*Set of 2 PestBye® Battery Operated Cat Repellers £24.99

Interesting! And i have been accused of having "super hearing" since i can literally hear the fizzing of a soda from another room...
But we live in an apartment/ condo complex so not sure if people would have such a device, especially since it is high pet owner complex.
Super interesting concept though....

I wonder if it was your subconscious waking you up.On the rare occasions I’ve forgotten to set my alarm Ive been woken up not by a beep but a cough.Even when living alone,I don’t believe it was a friendly ghost alarm call but my mind alerting me!.

I have heard “the hum”,that’s been heard by people across the world but have no idea if that’s relevant to your experience.

Not sure if I've heard "the hum" though I've read about it. There have been numerous times where I've heard buzzing and humming and high pitched whines that no one else hears. 98% of the time i can trace it to something electronic. I can easily tell you when a lightbulb will burn out (old school lightbulbs... not new twisty ones) just by the sound it makes. Freaks my husband out. Lol
But this was very distinct 2 beeps.
I do wonder if subconscious (or something else?!) telling nne to wake up though... especially since i got to work to find out i had that meeting that turned out to be relevant...
Similar to waking up in middle of night feeling like i need to call a family member... only to find out they are sick.

What do y'all think of things we don't see that see us and sometimes guide us? I think of the mothman prophecy book when i say that but i don't mean mothman. .mean the calls that were allegedly received giving insights...

Back